What's new

Home made funny looking dwc system's.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
lets see yours.
here is a drawing of the one I made. and its working cuz my lil baby is growing. yea. Ill get a pic of the plant in it. soon.

mine is made out of a plastic folgers coffee can and an air pump.
the pic is self explanatory. and medum is marbles.
and the plant is growing in a net pot. and roots r growing through the pot.
Im also gunna add an air stone to the mix to help get oxygen the roots.

now I wanna see ur home made hydro systems. post any type too.

Attachments

• vcbc1.jpg
    vcbc1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 38

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So like looks like my funky dwc system is working. knock on wood.:D
but what I really wanna do is build a multi plant dwc system for my summers garden but have no idea how to do that.

So Im gunna look up how to build one.
so if anyone knows of a link that would be super great.

here is 2 new pix of the system/plant ladie. these r from 2 days ago. now she has grown a bit mor since then. :D
also added that airstone so more oxygen to roots now.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
So like I felt like building another one so I did. and it only took 15 munits to build. :D
and it almost feels like I could make a video how to build one. so that more people could see just how easy it is to make a small hydro system out of stuff around ur house.

Shady Smoka

I use those coffee containers in my grow all the time. They're great.
One question:
How does that air pump pump water? Or am I seeing it wrong?

Very clever

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Its a water pump that pumps the water up through the black tupe into the netpot where the plant sits then it drains back into the bucket. and there is also an air pump in there for more air to the roots.

new pix on the 25th. :D

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
An air pump will pump water to a certain height. I have one of the flexible airstones with connections on both ends. If I submerge the airstone and connect one end to the air pump and leave the other unconnected, nutes go a flying.

supermanlives

Veteran
with that tiny container i would be worried about the pump heating the water. you dont need a water pump just an air pump

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Well it ended up working great. with no heat going into the bucket. that plant ended up yielding about an ounce. I could have gotton more from her but she ended up dieing cuz I fucked up on the nuts I was giving her. so I flushed her for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks then I harvested her.
the smoke was good but could have been a whole lot better.

so thats how things went with down this setup. It worked well for my and my grow space size.

and If I could efford it Id build a much much bigger one and maybe try it outdoors. maybe ill try that next summer.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Looks like my mini dwc system is working good still. knock on wood.

Looks like my mini dwc system is working good still. knock on wood.

Looks like my mini dwc system is working good still. knock on wood. :D
Here is my new stinky strain I made last summer. I call it (lime green sativa) she is a clone from me outdoor garden 2011.

Also: I just wish I could have veged out the clones a bit first befor i switched to 12-12. but because of the other sativa bush i had in there the clones had to root/flower in the 12-12 cycle. not what i wanted to do but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. now there happily flowering so thats good.
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use a bigger container/bucket bro your yields are suffering.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
lets see yours.
here is a drawing of the one I made. and its working cuz my lil baby is growing. yea. Ill get a pic of the plant in it. soon.

mine is made out of a plastic folgers coffee can and an air pump.
the pic is self explanatory. and medum is marbles.
and the plant is growing in a net pot. and roots r growing through the pot.
Im also gunna add an air stone to the mix to help get oxygen the roots.

now I wanna see ur home made hydro systems. post any type too.

I do a similar system only with Airpots instead of coffee cans. I use coco as my medium and a lot of people say to not do a recirculating systm with coco, but it;s workin pissah...

This is a Blue Widow from Dinafem that i had to supercrop because it was getting too tall... it yielded 2 1/2 zipps.... seems to work just fine... BTW... this is a killer strain...

mgk :tiphat:

ps. my picture post did not work... using my tablet and having trouble getting it to cut and paste a url... you can view the pics in my gallery under the '11 directory

Latest posts

Latest posts