What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan said YES!

Ready4

Veteran
Getting seeds should be zero problem for anybody. This is the best time of year to receive, from wherever. GLG right in State, excellent selection.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I feel bad pointing it out but seeds have been beyond easy to get for a long time. I am a big fan of having access to so many US breeders.

Getting seeds should be zero problem for anybody. This is the best time of year to receive, from wherever. GLG right in State, excellent selection.
GLG for the win. Order is being written. itts been years since i have been without something growing, its eerie dark and quiet.
:laughing:

DemonTrich

Veteran
The KEY word is a donation, not a sale!

Just like when Mi went medical, donations only for time and materials.

stim

no you can only give anything away for free. No remuneration at all unfortunately donations wont fly. Its like brewing your own beer now you cannot sell it at all.
The KEY word is a donation, not a sale!

Just like when Mi went medical, donations only for time and materials.

stim

I am assuming people will be doing all kinds of crazy sh*t like growing everywhere and I don't think prosecutors will want to try small time cases. The law is about taxation the state is dealer numero uno now. I am assuming people will think that because it is "legal" now they can do whatever they want and it is "BS" if anything is otherwise. I don't think prosecutors will want to run into any jury trials so hopefully that backs LEO off who already don't seem to care anymore unless it is a one horse town. It sucks they are pushing so hard at us "small timers". I think the black market is going to thrive given these BS circumstances and the fact that a 16% tax is on top of any purchase. People will drive around and spend $2 worth of gas to avoid putting a quarter in a parking meter.

Ready4

Veteran
Does anybody know if the legal "12 plants/ten ounces" applies per person or per household ? Would a married couple (for example) be allowed 24 plants/20 ounces ?
Had not seen that addressed.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
They need to adopt a tax stamp type program for people only looking to sell small amounts.

I know this is a different scenario, but this reminds me of a law in the late 30's that was originally implemented to outlaw weed and bust people who were trying to obey the law and be honest.

If I remember right it was illegal to posses pot without a tax stamp but in order to get a stamp you would already have to possess an ounce or something like that. People would show up to get the stamp and be arrested on the spot for possession. If that isn't entrapment I don't know what is.

TheMan13

Veteran
I cannot help but consider that a majority of our "criminal justice system" and in turn the repeated doubling of our prison population has been literally built upon the past 50 years of an ineffective and costly progressive public health policy/criminal drug prohibition scheme (Controlled Substance Act 1970).

Furthermore it's hard not to consider how that same "criminal justice system" was able to equivocate the past decade of our Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (2008) into an 18% increase in arrests. Don't forget the 5-10k the same incompetent lawyers selling this new business law (MMFLA) collected per non appealable criminal plea they generated rather than precedent setting criminal defenses for patients/caregivers (People vs Brown) ...

So will the smell of marijuana no longer justify felony probable cause to "legally" strip citizens of their 4th Constitutional Amendment in Michigan? Will all the k9s trained in marijuana detection be retired/obsolete? When considering this let's not forget the blanket immunity this 1% has from integrity in making these judgments ...

Only time will tell the reality, but to not consider the ability of this 1% has to write/dictate economically self serving absurd legal precedents without accountability seems woefully historically uninformed.

Human behavior is difficult if not impossible to predict, but previous behavior is the best indication of future behavior ;-)~

We fought slavery through laws and the courts for many a year before taking up arms to solve that problem ...

Mengsk

If we objectively compare alcohol crime to cannabis crime as in what happens when people get drunk or high it is difficult to rationalize those arrests.

This is something you will have difficulty arguing in court, how alcohol has more negative side effects for the user and for society. Just in a general sense you don't have homeless wine-os asking for a joint or a hit of weed.

It could almost be a gateway drug in the other direction, from what we were taught in school. For any legal authority, one scenario (with alcohol) the officer can pick up and breath test or field test any person. Drunk driving is real and dangerous. What is also real is police officers issuing tickets and removing people's licenses as a form of harassment/oppression, just as a step or piece in the rest of arrests.

The difference with cannabis? No violent behavior like that as far as I can tell. Which leaves money as a primary motive. That idea, money being the main reason, removes any excuse the gov't has for locking people in jails. It actually interferes with I guess more sports bars and pubs or liquor stores.

Even if you are blind it just looks like the judge is taking a payoff from one side by choosing which cases to take and which to ignore.

stim

reviewing the laws it is interesting to see that anyone caught with 2.5oz-5oz or growing 12-24 plants even under the age of 18 will only be subjected to a $100 fine and community service along with drug classes for their first two offenses. Third strike is a misdemeanor. However if any remuneration is involved (selling) you are totally screwed. I don't think the dogs will be going anywhere they will use them for weed DUI to ensure that someone is securely transporting their herbs and the other stuff they use them for like chasing perps.

Latest posts

Latest posts