What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Add Flavour to Your Favourite Butane Extrac.

rusga

Hello, guys!

I went to a whole new level of experiments on BHO.
You know those old or less nice smelling buds you have on your weed stash? Well, there is a nice solution for that. TERPENES! Not from cannabis, but from nice organic fruits.

While drying your bud before extraction, add some fruit peels to the drying process (Medium dry peels, you don't want to get your dry bud all wet and suggary). Preference for those with citrical smell that combos with the taste of the buds i.e tangerine, lemon, orange, mango, pineapple.

After drying and freezing, place everything (material and fruit peel) inside your tube and butane the heck out of it.
The result will be a more goopy and sticky honey with a super duper taste and smell of fruit!
Results:
1st purge
attachment.php

3rd purge
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1735.jpg
    DSCN1735.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN1732.jpg
    DSCN1732.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 9
  • moves like that.jpg
    moves like that.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 9

FireIn.TheSky

I just don't get it, it's like people that drink coffee with 10 creams and 10 sugars, it's like you must not really like coffee.

If your weed is really good why the need for foreign flavors.

zeet

Veteran
That is some nasty lookin BHO bro, maybe work on getting your tek down & you wont have to flavor it artificially.

LostTribe

Premium user
Artificially flavor oil is for Bubblegummers!

Mine is clear, clean and super sweet as is, maybe you ought to better your knowledge on extracting because properly purged oil is the only way to go bro....

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello, guys!

I went to a whole new level of experiments on BHO.
You know those old or less nice smelling buds you have on your weed stash? Well, there is a nice solution for that. TERPENES! Not from cannabis, but from nice organic fruits.

While drying your bud before extraction, add some fruit peels to the drying process (Medium dry peels, you don't want to get your dry bud all wet and suggary). Preference for those with citrical smell that combos with the taste of the buds i.e tangerine, lemon, orange, mango, pineapple.

After drying and freezing, place everything (material and fruit peel) inside your tube and butane the heck out of it.
The result will be a more goopy and sticky honey with a super duper taste and smell of fruit!
Results:
1st purge
View Image

3rd purge
View Image

View Image

We did some limited experiments with orange peels and needles from a Douglas Fir tree, and it definitely added flavor to otherwise bland trim.

My thoughts on the controversial subject, are that the market encompasses a myriad of tastes, as evidenced by how well both Budweiser and Micro Breweries both do, as do jug wines and chateau bottled estate grand crus.

Part of that is pocketbook, because everyone can't afford the creme ala creme, nor do they necessarily have tastes developed to appreciate them.

I like what I like, but if voting with my feet counts, I actually typically dab a wide range from live extract goop to premium cannabis pull and snap shatters, as well as clear extracts.

I've tried any number of artificially flavored extracts, but none to my own tastes.

pusbag

Chocolate Thai mint leaves

Chocolate Thai mint leaves

Had a customer once have me add 5% chocolate Thai mint leaves to the mix. It did add a slight mint taste to it was pretty well liked but not really by me. I also prefer the natural tastes of cannabis too. But gmo dabs as I call them are here to stay wether we like them or not.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just don't get it, it's like people that drink coffee with 10 creams and 10 sugars, it's like you must not really like coffee.

If your weed is really good why the need for foreign flavors.

I tend to agree, but if you built a coffeeshop without the ingredients to hot coffee icecream, say good bye to 9/10 customers. My heart is with purity but there is more to it, as GW pointed out.

There's a lot of bland extract slugging along (kush anything) that would move across the market faster with more nose.

I'd rather just use good material with its own flavour, but methods like this will surely be employed in industrial models and are worth exploring.

jump /injack

Veteran
When you water cure most of your cannabis for cleanliness to get rid of the water soluble contaminants, bugs and chlorophyll your left with a tasteless product that can get you high and medicated but little or no taste. I can't afford to be coughing a lot so I add the taste back in with things that taste good with fruit or berry extracts, sometimes with the extract from pipe tobacco and now that you can buy terpenes can make it taste like the finest Cannabis. Can't stand that hacking.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Absolut vodka is available in at least 18 flavors.

Not my preference, but one must produce what the market demands.

So adding terpenes to sucky product is a thing.

lol

Perpetual Nooch

I'd rather just use good material with its own flavour, but methods like this will surely be employed in industrial models and are worth exploring.

For me it's similar to flavoured rolling papers. I want the thinnest paper as possible so I don't taste the paper. But there are still a lot of people who love flavoured papers.

I recall when I got involved in an e-cig company in 2009 and the only flavors that anyone were interested in were tobacco flavored products.. Camel, Marlboro, Winston etc. That's all anyone wanted. Everyone just poo poo'd the flavors when they first came out. Today ....nobody vapes tobacco flavors that anymore ....... it's all flavors.

Flavored concentrates will become a huge part of the market. No doubt in my mind.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For me it's similar to flavoured rolling papers. I want the thinnest paper as possible so I don't taste the paper. But there are still a lot of people who love flavoured papers.

Right? Mooks. I unfollowed someone on Ig for posting a brace of flavoured prerolled just the other day.

To each their own. Rosin dabs are about all I smoke that isn't mixed with 'baccy. Drives most people up the wall, particularly non-tobacco heads and reformed (aka quitters aka fanatical antismokers aka poofs) nicotine fiends.

Momma ain't raised no quitter. There's a few in the family but we call them inlaws.

rusga

We did some limited experiments with orange peels and needles from a Douglas Fir tree, and it definitely added flavor to otherwise bland trim.

My thoughts on the controversial subject, are that the market encompasses a myriad of tastes, as evidenced by how well both Budweiser and Micro Breweries both do, as do jug wines and chateau bottled estate grand crus.

Part of that is pocketbook, because everyone can't afford the creme ala creme, nor do they necessarily have tastes developed to appreciate them.

I like what I like, but if voting with my feet counts, I actually typically dab a wide range from live extract goop to premium cannabis pull and snap shatters, as well as clear extracts.

I've tried any number of artificially flavored extracts, but none to my own tastes.

Yeap, thats the kind of reply I was waiting for!
You are not obligated to add fruit peels on your concentrates. Its an option. For some people may work, for some, may not.
IMO, its nothing but an especial recipe that people upgrade everyday.
Nobody its obligated to try those methods, but I guess this particular forum its to trade any (any!) kind of information that is related to cannabis.

Hope to see more users like you, GW.

Cheers!

rusga

I tend to agree, but if you built a coffeeshop without the ingredients to hot coffee icecream, say good bye to 9/10 customers. My heart is with purity but there is more to it, as GW pointed out.

There's a lot of bland extract slugging along (kush anything) that would move across the market faster with more nose.

Pure its always pure. If thats better, let the user decide, right? Thanks for the supporting reply!
I live in country where cannabis its farway from being legal and my extractions were hard as sh#! to improve, and ICMag played a big role on that. Thats why I shared my experiments here.

If I prefer a clean, see-through and non-added flavor wax? Hell, yes. But I may say to you that I never got in touch with such concentrate in my entire life. While thats not happening, I will stick with the best I can get. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts