Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

Thread Title Search
I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2018, 09:01 PM #111
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeez View Post
Which one did you get?
Just the cheapest cloner they had which turned out to be a 50$ deep water culture setup. 24 sites, the basin, a pump. I am going to be adding another pump and some airstones when they arrive tomorrow. I know the air temp is slightly low, but the water temperature is 77F. I have a warming pad under the basin and the temperature sensor just under the waterline. It's 2 gallons with 45ml of Dyna Gro KLN. Hopefully, fingers crossed, when I check back in on these next week they will be rooting. Everything is in my smaller tent with a 24watt at the wall seedling LED light.

And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:08 PM #112
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
is the root zone area transparent? don't they need darkness in the root zone? looks good though, easy enough to duct tape the bottom part. maybe it doesn't even matter, i really have no experience with those cloning systems. whats the dial for? water temps and? i suppose you have an aeration system in the water? best of luck, when they work i see these systems do very well and fast
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 PM #113
sourpuss
Rainman

sourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud of
Didn't read the whole thread. Looks like u gave up on the dome and root riots? Those dwc work great. I dunno about the warming pad being a good thing or not. Maybe only if the environment is on the cold side. I'd think the warming pad with dwc is a bad thing.. I used a similar setup before learning the rockwood and dome method. For ease the bubble is the way to go. For numbers the rw and dome is the way to go.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 PM #114
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
@Gaius The bottom is solid black plastic, that light and the reflective tent makes it look wacky. I tried to white balance the photo and I just got this horrible stippled effect across the whole thing. I am not sure what dial you are talking about gaius? There is a pump in there but it has no attachments so it blows aerated water down the middle, but not the sides. Biggest complaint I saw with this cloner was that pump issue, it worked quite well for any plants in the middle but not on the sides. That's why I clustered everything in the middle two rows for now and I purchased another pump I will use in here when I'm not aerating tea.
@sourpuss Yeah I didn't have any luck with the root riots, I got 1 that started a nub, but it never actually rooted. Our night time indoor temperature here is dropping to around 66F, I was told to keep the plants warmer than that so I put the warming pad under the basin. This whole thing a learning experience. I'm hoping in a year I can look back at this and laugh
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

Old 06-12-2018, 09:27 PM #115
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Having too many big leaves on a clone makes it harder because the clone loses too much moisture.

Working on Something Sneaky

2 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 PM #116
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

I tried to cut off most of them except the last set of leaves. And any that seemed "large" I was snipping the ends of the leaves off. The really tall one on the left I cut at the wrong node and was just like eff it, I'll see if it works.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:35 AM #117
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
I don't use a dome to clone and I lightly mist 6 to 10 times a day.

Working on Something Sneaky

2 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 AM #118
sourpuss
Rainman

sourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud ofsourpuss has much to be proud of
U don't need to snip the leaves in dwc.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:28 PM #119
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
GB BX2 Clones

Taken June 10

3 Phenos

Cuttings from lower part of plant. Cut with a clean new blade, dipped in rooting powder put in Rockwool. Rockwool was soaked and shook out excess water without squishing and compacting it.

4 Cuttings per Rockwool Cube small cuttings so increasing my numbers as I know not all will make it, and I'm ok with ripping the Rockwool apart when they have rooted and shocking them slightly. Savings on Rockwool are too enticing to not do this and I have been successful with this quite a bit in the past. So don't make a big deal on this point!

Remove Cover and Air it out 2-3X per day for 3-5 minutes.

18/6 Light cycle - they are on the edge of the wall in my veg room

65F during lights off / 70-75F during lights on.

Humidity is 95%RH

PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:09 PM #120
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

Good luck Paulie! Man such an even canopy on those.

Last edited by AgentPothead; 06-14-2018 at 02:00 AM.. Reason: complimentary