What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They had one cut to begin with that I never got to smoke,,, then they didn't have it in for ages,, when it came back solid on the menu it was always the same as Windows,,I'd prefer to smoke homegrown fantasies over mine,, that's just the way it was,,,

There is one idea that kills alot of theory,,, is it possible I have managed to switch on or switch off enzymes that biosynths something different to how the clone was passed to me,,, i have in the past been told my clones are changed after I've been mothering them with my classic amino nitrogen rockwool mothering method with minimal nitrates,, i also use amminos and auxin, cytokinin, gibs,, etc,,, i even used ghe ripen in the past witch could potentially be eth,,, it's possible but not likely I litrally switch on different genes to other people and it all starts with mothers and how they are maintained longterm

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know what the 2nd clone was but the first cut was direct from Brightside .
I'm sure other Icmag heads who used to come to the 420 cup every year can confirm this
Hazyfontazy ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think about sim often,,, i wonder sometimes if cheese was a catalyst,, god forbid,,

Brightside dropped a clone with central coffeeshop and Ste,, that was definitely not the same as homegrown fantasys bud,, I'd always go homegrown and not bother atall with Brightsides at Central

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your 100% wrong on that.
Brightside used to chill there all the time when I was in town.

I dont know what cut you had but it was not the same as the rest of us . Hazyfontazy, th4sim , Truecanabliss all had the same cut known as Brightside cut.
I've never met you and known of you and the Brightside term became known as soon as Big buddaade made the cheese and then you would see other cuts pop up.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeh,, Amsterdam got a first wave of cheese that I never smoked,, Katsu had it and homegrown had it,,, then a massive break and that's when I was running round town looking for it,, Brightside gave it me when nobody had it on the menu but bud tenders spoke of it as ledgend,,,

I thought they upgraded to jahs clone (original exodus),, Brightsides was a lower yealder,, Mr cheeses / jahs / windows is a better yealder and more of a sturdy steam like the blues

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont know when you became the Brightside president but alot of what you talk of about Brightside cut is very different to what is fact about the brightside cut.
Just for the record I'm not hating I'm just stating what i know and i learned what i know from the people who had direct cuts from Brightside.
I also find it strange that some people keep quiet about the Brightside facts and dont agree or disagree with you and just stay quiet ?

People stay quiet on alot of things online as they dont want to get flamed by internet fanboys who all hide behind the screen

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone dumped Brightsides because it was a low yealding "cheese"

Please explain how I disagree,, i agree with what you said,, apart from the 100% wrong because I am agreeing with you,, seriously check yourself before you wreck yourself

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No Homegrown fantasy coffeshop was the only shop in Amsterdam to have it.
Other shops got it much much later so we are talking about different times.

Also its 100% known fact that Homegrown fantasy coffeshop had Cheese at the High times cup 1 year and I'm not certain but it might even of been grown by Brightside himself.

I'm not doubting you had a clone direct from Brightside at 1 time but alot of what you say doesnt match up

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Katsu never had the cheese at the same time as homegrown much much later as Katsu was my home and I'd go there for Haze everyday I was in Amsterdam

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe the homegrown had lost that cut I'm talking about and the mr cheese was the 2nd cut passed but defo not the first cut , as that was the first time I'd ever seen Cheese in Amsterdam.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brightside may well have put a clone with homegrown,, but I'd wager they upgraded to jahs original exodus for yeald,, i can tell you for certain home-grown fantasys clone was very different to mine,,, unless the enzyme theory comes into effect

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also just for the record there was only ever 2 cheese cuts known

Exodus Cheese
Brighside cut

All the others are Exodus or seed versions
3 of us could grow the same cut and all look different

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Katsu guys told me they bought it from travelling type people and it always came looking like outdoor,, the story they told me was they were getting it for years before everyone,, homegrown was next,,, nut I never got to smoke them batches,, i had grown my cheese by the time I came back,, nobody had cheese in Amsterdam when I met Brightside homegrown had already Been selling it but they didn't have it when I met b

TheDarkStorm

I'm 99% homegrown fantasy coffeshop had the brightside cut direct from Brightside himself.
We all used to chill there at 420 cups brightside included and they defo had the exact same cheese( Brightside cut that I got from True and Th4sim( Rip))
It was definitely the Brightside cut.

Your right ojd..hgf originally had that same original cheese clone..the original crew got it sent over there...but hgf lost it a few years later ...the clones that have come after that that cant be traced back to that crew are obviously something else..the evidence is there for all to see still.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe the homegrown had lost that cut I'm talking about and the mr cheese was the 2nd cut passed but defo not the first cut , as that was the first time I'd ever seen Cheese in Amsterdam.

This I agree with,, this was my thought,,

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He did pass Homegrown the first ever Cheese cut to hit Holland and I didnt see Cheese in any other shop for a long while.
I'm guessing everyone else got it when this 2nd cut you talk of was passed to Homegrown.

Maybe Gypsy can confirm this as he was there , also old pink ?

Also the Homegrown Cheese was the best Cheese I've ever seen in Amsterdam and grown amazing( I'm 99% sure it was grown by Brightside) and the icmag crowd had already had the Brightside cut long before then

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For what ?
I dont even agree on that but if there was a 2nd so called cut passed maybe it was that but not the first.

I'm not hating I just see alot of stuff written online that just doesnt match up and I can't just sit here and let history get re written

Latest posts

Latest posts