What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It looks like J Sessions is getting his way....

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

as for the extra ounces, if left at home (how long ARE your roadtrips, anyway?:biggrin:) unless you are looked at as a seller, i doubt they will come to your house & check. but then, i have my first buzz in a spell, so...so shoot me, i'm trying to be an optimist here. :)

Sadly I don't live in a state where I am in any way familiar with how this works. Hope for the future.

M

moose eater

In Alaska, there's a 6-plant max per individual, with a 12-plant max per household. Of the 6-plant max per individual, only 3 can be in bloom (6 total in bloom per household). Even if you're running a quasi-commune, with 15 adults, it's still a 12-plant max per household..

(*Note that our initiative also read, however, that nothing in the law would be interpreted as displacing/replacing any aspects within the 1975 Ravin Decision, and the last time permissible plant counts were legislatively established under the decrim of Ravin, there was a 24 plant max, with very little definition, if I recall correctly, of a per individual versus per household.

HOWEVER, there's little doubt in my mind, based on existing precedent, that if push came to shove, the State could effectively and legally change the previous plant limits under Ravin to match the initiative's limits, or even modify the limits under the initiative, as it's; 1.) Been more than 2 years since the passage of the initiative, and 2.) The State has maintained the authority to (often arbitrarily) establish the line in the proverbial sand where at mere possession automatically (and magically) becomes 'possession with intent to distribute').

Under current law in Ak., a person can 'gift' up to an ounce. A person can possess up to an ounce away from home/in public. But what ever the plants can produce in the home is what they produce, and what you're entitled to keep. So if the 3/6 plants in flower produce over a lb. each, then that's what a person can legally have in their home.

However, I haven't gone out of my way to research how much of the overall aggregate weight (non) limit in the home is by virtue of statute, versus Governor Bill Walker's interpretation (and instruction) at the time of operationalizing the whole shitteree.

And in MOST municipalities I am familiar with here, (and possibly State-wide) no plants may be in view of the public. Whether or not this can be interpreted as permitting outdoor plants inside greenhouses with the traditionally 'cloudy' or 'smoked' translucent poly, is yet to be determined by some poor guinea pig out there. (*Currently the State, as they nose-dive into an economic tail-spin, has greater things to consider and act upon... right up until they start calculating the probable loss in revenues from uber-productive grows from which there may be (or is) re-direction of personal stash to the Black markets.. Then they'll be more apt to make time to address this, I'm sure).

Given the nature of government and bureaucracy, and the manner in which they (eventually) react to any perceived 'looseness' or potentially abused standards in many laws, it's my wager that these limits will eventually be reviewed and reinterpreted... Likely by all the wrong people..

Jhhnn

Veteran
In Alaska, there's a 6-plant max per individual, with a 12-plant max per household. Of the 6-plant max per individual, only 3 can be in bloom (6 total in bloom per household). Even if you're running a quasi-commune, with 15 adults, it's still a 12-plant max per household..

(*Note that our initiative also read, however, that nothing in the law would be interpreted as displacing/replacing any aspects within the 1975 Ravin Decision, and the last time permissible plant counts were legislatively established under the decrim of Ravin, there was a 24 plant max, with very little definition, if I recall correctly, of a per individual versus per household.

HOWEVER, there's little doubt in my mind, based on existing precedent, that if push came to shove, the State could effectively and legally change the previous plant limits under Ravin to match the initiative's limits, or even modify the limits under the initiative, as it's; 1.) Been more than 2 years since the passage of the initiative, and 2.) The State has maintained the authority to (often arbitrarily) establish the line in the proverbial sand where at mere possession automatically (and magically) becomes 'possession with intent to distribute').

Under current law in Ak., a person can 'gift' up to an ounce. A person can possess up to an ounce away from home/in public. But what ever the plants can produce in the home is what they produce, and what you're entitled to keep. So if the 3/6 plants in flower produce over a lb. each, then that's what a person can legally have in their home.

However, I haven't gone out of my way to research how much of the overall aggregate weight (non) limit in the home is by virtue of statute, versus Governor Bill Walker's interpretation (and instruction) at the time of operationalizing the whole shitteree.

And in MOST municipalities I am familiar with here, (and possibly State-wide) no plants may be in view of the public. Whether or not this can be interpreted as permitting outdoor plants inside greenhouses with the traditionally 'cloudy' or 'smoked' translucent poly, is yet to be determined by some poor guinea pig out there. (*Currently the State, as they nose-dive into an economic tail-spin, has greater things to consider and act upon... right up until they start calculating the probable loss in revenues from uber-productive grows from which there may be (or is) re-direction of personal stash to the Black markets.. Then they'll be more apt to make time to address this, I'm sure).

Given the nature of government and bureaucracy, and the manner in which they (eventually) react to any perceived 'looseness' or potentially abused standards in many laws, it's my wager that these limits will eventually be reviewed and reinterpreted... Likely by all the wrong people..

Fortunately for those of us in CO, the 6/3 plant limit per person & grower's home possession non-limits are black letter state constitutional law beyond the reach of the legislature.

Given that, I seriously doubt that the current 12/6 per household limit will withstand constitutional challenge. We just haven't been there yet. I won't be the one to challenge it even though our adult household is larger than two. Six flowering plants more than covers household demand. Why fight the game when playing it gets me what I want?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it sounds like plenty, as long as you have a supplier of clones. but if you want to keep a stable of genetics, those numbers becoming a bit limiting. of course you can just put 1 plant under 1k of flowering light and keep the rest of your plant numbers as mums. for anyone with ambitions to breed, those numbers are a shit. even just keeping mums is safer when you can keep at least 2 copies of each one you care about, so yeah there should be no limits to vegging plants, they are not psycho active after all. but yeah, it's a good start and definitely better then nothing. where i live we are now allowed any number of plants as long as they are vegging. we can just say it's cbd weed and as long as they contain no thc they will be left alone. of course as soon as you have a flowering space in the same place you are fucked for both flowering plants and the mothers.

W

We Wait

Fortunately for those of us in CO, the 6/3 plant limit per person & grower's home possession non-limits are black letter state constitutional law beyond the reach of the legislature.

Given that, I seriously doubt that the current 12/6 per household limit will withstand constitutional challenge. We just haven't been there yet. I won't be the one to challenge it even though our adult household is larger than two. Six flowering plants more than covers household demand. Why fight the game when playing it gets me what I want?

If you only grow 6 plants, then why are you so worried about Sessions? Are you or are you friends with those who have secretly vested into store fronts in CO? They get to grow warehouse's while sticking us with 6 measly plants. They should just let people grow as many as they want. What's the problem, your afraid someone is cutting into your money?

6 plants? Is this a joke? It takes 5-6 months to grow,dry and cure a plant that might only net you 1-2 zips. Outdoor even longer. Not everyone grows monsters of larf and plus who in the blue hell are you to tell me how many plants I should grow and how many kinds I can have? I do small high quality and lots more than 6 plants.

The only thing these limits do is keep prohibition going on the little guy to keep him from getting into the market, while empowering the big guy.

Your post exposes exactly who you all are, I'm just letting you know.

It's already fubar. I'm gonna grow,smoke,vape,eat my crop and fuck the police state.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
We'll only get 4 plants, regardless of sex. So you could end up with only one girl. Then you'd have to wait a year for another go at it.

Medical is different though.

M

moose eater

Illegal= a sick bird.

Limit= what you do to a tree after you drop it.

Season= what your female un-spayed dog goes into ~ every 9 months.

I don't think Jhhnn or I (or many others commenting here) are in favor of suppression of the plants or growers. Just saying what the laws are, good, bad, or ruthless.

As far as the classic and standard federal interest line in the sand at 100 plants is concerned (not that some might try to reduce that -general- threshold at the federal level), I know of exceptions involving long-term black market operations where that threshold was irrelevant, including one wherein a C-130 carrying Federal Marshalls and DEA was flown to Alaska from Washington State (25 years ago), to raid 9 homes, and the primary targeted home only had 18 plants at the time the doors imploded, and automatic weaponry was pointed at everyone's heads, including small children, in the wee hours of the night.

A relatively nutzoid federal prosecutor (Anchorage; Wev Shea) who was never actually confirmed to his official post, but wreaked havoc until his own ethics issues went center-stage, decided they couldn't get leak-free enforcement locally, and even argued they couldn't get a fair trial in Fairbanks, because (and I quote) "the whole place is a hot bed of hop-heads." Never mind that was a delusional statement unto itself.

In other words, even with fairly well-defined thresholds, what is and isn't a matter for intervention becomes fluid in the minds of some enforcement folks.

I'd love to live a life free of stress and worry for my hobbies, but in this climate, that's still unlikely to occur, for a number of reasons. But in some limited ways, and somewhat due to precedent (not just statute) things could be -much- worse, too.

W

We Wait

Illegal= a sick bird.

Limit= what you do to a tree after you drop it.

Season= what your female un-spayed dog goes into ~ every 9 months.

I don't think Jhhnn or I (or many others commenting here) are in favor of suppression of the plants or growers. Just saying what the laws are, good, bad, or ruthless.

As far as the classic and standard federal interest line in the sand at 100 plants is concerned (not that some might try to reduce that -general- threshold at the federal level), I know of exceptions involving long-term black market operations where that threshold was irrelevant, including one wherein a C-130 carrying Federal Marshalls and DEA was flown to Alaska from Washington State (25 years ago), to raid 9 homes, and the primary targeted home only had 18 plants at the time the doors imploded, and automatic weaponry was pointed at everyone's heads, including small children, in the wee hours of the night.

A relatively nutzoid federal prosecutor (Anchorage; Wev Shea) who was never actually confirmed to his official post, but wreaked havoc until his own ethics issues went center-stage, decided they couldn't get leak-free enforcement locally, and even argued they couldn't get a fair trial in Fairbanks, because (and I quote) "the whole place is a hot bed of hop-heads." Never mind that was a delusional statement unto itself.

In other words, even with fairly well-defined thresholds, what is and isn't a matter for intervention becomes fluid in the minds of some enforcement folks.

I'd love to live a life free of stress and worry for my hobbies, but in this climate, that's still unlikely to occur, for a number of reasons. But in some limited ways, and somewhat due to precedent (not just statute) things could be -much- worse, too.

How about letting Jhhnn give me an honest answer then.

But your post do say exactly that because what is the reason?

Then why 6 plants? Also Jhnn can answer for himself.

Jhhnn

Veteran
it sounds like plenty, as long as you have a supplier of clones. but if you want to keep a stable of genetics, those numbers becoming a bit limiting. of course you can just put 1 plant under 1k of flowering light and keep the rest of your plant numbers as mums. for anyone with ambitions to breed, those numbers are a shit. even just keeping mums is safer when you can keep at least 2 copies of each one you care about, so yeah there should be no limits to vegging plants, they are not psycho active after all. but yeah, it's a good start and definitely better then nothing. where i live we are now allowed any number of plants as long as they are vegging. we can just say it's cbd weed and as long as they contain no thc they will be left alone. of course as soon as you have a flowering space in the same place you are fucked for both flowering plants and the mothers.

There are obviously limitations. I'm content to just grow from seed, one batch after another. Stuff we like more I grow again. Stuff we like less ends up as Christmas presents. I have yet to grow anything that wasn't as good as or better than dispensary weed. I'm always growing something different, just to explore. With no mothers to care for, I stop & start whenever I feel like it.

The best part is that if the cops show up at my door for any reason I have no worries.

W

We Wait

There are obviously limitations. I'm content to just grow from seed, one batch after another. Stuff we like more I grow again. Stuff we like less ends up as Christmas presents. I have yet to grow anything that wasn't as good as or better than dispensary weed. I'm always growing something different, just to explore. With no mothers to care for, I stop & start whenever I feel like it.

The best part is that if the cops show up at my door for any reason I have no worries.

What?

That does not answer anything I asked at all. I already know the truth anyway. I stated it in my first post in this thread. That is the truth.

You probably are friends with the state police.

W

We Wait

You are a better Man then me...my first couple grows sucked.

Bagseeds. Everyone who has done lot's of bagseed has had the infamous chocolate orange mystery plant.

Anyway I just wanted to say that this shit is getting old by now. I know exactly whats going on, it's blatant. I'm gonna go grow,smoke,vape and eat cannabis no matter what, never stopped any of us before.

Closet growin for life:)

Jhhnn

Veteran
If you only grow 6 plants, then why are you so worried about Sessions? Are you or are you friends with those who have secretly vested into store fronts in CO? They get to grow warehouse's while sticking us with 6 measly plants. They should just let people grow as many as they want. What's the problem, your afraid someone is cutting into your money?

6 plants? Is this a joke? It takes 5-6 months to grow,dry and cure a plant that might only net you 1-2 zips. Outdoor even longer. Not everyone grows monsters of larf and plus who in the blue hell are you to tell me how many plants I should grow and how many kinds I can have? I do small high quality and lots more than 6 plants.

The only thing these limits do is keep prohibition going on the little guy to keep him from getting into the market, while empowering the big guy.

Your post exposes exactly who you all are, I'm just letting you know.

It's already fubar. I'm gonna grow,smoke,vape,eat my crop and fuck the police state.

Gawd. I have absolutely no commercial interest in cannabis. None. What we don't consume ourselves is given away. It's my hobby. I spend money to do it.

The whole plant count thing isn't my game. I didn't invent it nor do I defend it. OTOH, playing it doesn't keep me from getting what I want, either, which is an endless supply of high quality smoke.

If I grew fems from seed with a veg & a flower chamber I could readily produce a pound of trimmed bud every 10 weeks from now until Hell freezes over. I actually grow about half that much because I don't plant until I harvest in a single chamber.

I'm just saying it works for us. I don't have to play any games with the Man to make it work, either, & that's a nice thing. Everybody should have it so good. No bullshit, no worries & no copping bullshit macho attitudes, either.

The machinations of Trump's evil elf sure as Hell won't get any traction here in CO. We'll be keeping on like we have been for the last several years for the foreseeable future & he knew it before he opened his mouth. He's mostly trying to draw attention away from the dumpster fire in the Oval Office.

W

We Wait

Gawd. I have absolutely no commercial interest in cannabis. None. What we don't consume ourselves is given away. It's my hobby. I spend money to do it.

The whole plant count thing isn't my game. I didn't invent it nor do I defend it. OTOH, playing it doesn't keep me from getting what I want, either, which is an endless supply of high quality smoke.

If I grew fems from seed with a veg & a flower chamber I could readily produce a pound of trimmed bud every 10 weeks from now until Hell freezes over. I actually grow about half that much because I don't plant until I harvest in a single chamber.

I'm just saying it works for us. I don't have to play any games with the Man to make it work, either, & that's a nice thing. Everybody should have it so good. No bullshit, no worries & no copping bullshit macho attitudes, either.

The machinations of Trump's evil elf sure as Hell won't get any traction here in CO. We'll be keeping on like we have been for the last several years for the foreseeable future & he knew it before he opened his mouth. He's mostly trying to draw attention away from the dumpster fire in the Oval Office.

Your whole post are very contradicting.

A real grower would be mad at their own state for doing this, they would want all limits removed otherwise it just looks bad for the state.

The real people who grow marijuana for the last twenty years and smoke are not afraid of Ashcroft or Sessions and still are not. If you only grow 6 plants you would not either and you would and should be outraged that the stores make money while they are still arresting any people at all.

The only people on ICMAG who are suggesting and happy with these plant limits or any plant limit are in it and it is a conspiracy.

Just like the tobacco companies now are gonna have their THC vapor pens. They already have nicotine poison vapor cig industry now.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Your whole post are very contradicting.

A real grower would be mad at their own state for doing this, they would want all limits removed otherwise it just looks bad for the state.

The real people who grow marijuana for the last twenty years and smoke are not afraid of Ashcroft or Sessions and still are not. If you only grow 6 plants you would not either and you would and should be outraged that the stores make money while they are still arresting any people at all.

The only people on ICMAG who are suggesting and happy with these plant limits or any plant limit are in it and it is a conspiracy.

Just like the tobacco companies now are gonna have their THC vapor pens. They already have nicotine poison vapor cig industry now.

Plant counts are just a stupid govt game. If I choose to play it their way & get what I want it doesn't make me a traitor to the cause or a conspirator, either. That's nuts.

"A real grower"? WTF are you talking about? This guy is a "real grower" who pulls 300 oz every 10 weeks from 6 flowering plants-

New 6 plant Gettotree setup. - Indoor Grows - Hydro - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

He plays the game extremely well. His purposes are obviously different from my own.

I'm just an old hippie thankful that the people of Colorado decided to leave me in peace with my pissant grow. The simple fact that almost anybody's grow might be perfectly legal really puts a crimp in LEO's style, too. Jeff Sessions boys aren't looking for me either because they'd never get a conviction with a CO jury.

And, uhh, if you're the real grower & I'm not then why do my albums document my efforts & yours are empty?

W

We Wait

Plant counts are just a stupid govt game. If I choose to play it their way & get what I want it doesn't make me a traitor to the cause or a conspirator, either. That's nuts.

"A real grower"? WTF are you talking about? This guy is a "real grower" who pulls 300 oz every 10 weeks from 6 flowering plants-

New 6 plant Gettotree setup. - Indoor Grows - Hydro - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

He plays the game extremely well. His purposes are obviously different from my own.

I'm just an old hippie thankful that the people of Colorado decided to leave me in peace with my pissant grow. The simple fact that almost anybody's grow might be perfectly legal really puts a crimp in LEO's style, too. Jeff Sessions boys aren't looking for me either because they'd never get a conviction with a CO jury.

And, uhh, if you're the real grower & I'm not then why do my albums document my efforts & yours are empty?

Your all wrong Jhnnn and you are no hippy. You don't like the dirty hippies, you said it one of your old post. I have been here since 2002-2003 when there was a total of 9 people at most on all the time. I was on Overgrow in 1999. I was then here in 2014 when you were advocating 6 plants and Mason T Vert over at least a hundred times. We got your MPP system that Colorado has. It was all a sham owned by the rich. This MPP only saboatoged legalizion and I am so happy that you are all in a snare. I grow until the bombs hit us and it was Bushes fault. We did not start the fire.

You can fool the 2015 noobies but you are not fooling the ICMAG vets. Even Shaggy balls knows your entire post history. You majorly contradict everything you say from post 1 of your account.

For you have all turned this place into a den of thieves.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Your all wrong Jhnnn and you are no hippy. You don't like the dirty hippies, you said it one of your old post. I have been here since 2002-2003 when there was a total of 9 people at most on all the time. I was on Overgrow in 1999. I was then here in 2014 when you were advocating 6 plants and Mason T Vert over at least a hundred times. We got your MPP system that Colorado has. It was all a sham owned by the rich. This MPP only saboatoged legalizion and I am so happy that you are all in a snare. I grow until the bombs hit us and it was Bushes fault. We did not start the fire.

You can fool the 2015 noobies but you are not fooling the ICMAG vets. Even Shaggy balls knows your entire post history. You majorly contradict everything you say from post 1 of your account.

For you have all turned this place into a den of thieves.

Have a nice day.

How in the world you ever got such strange ideas in your head is beyond my comprehension. You couldn't quote me on any of that if your life depended upon it.

You're just trying to defend your own lucrative niche, I suspect. well, that's if you actually grow weed at all. None of your recent posts actually talk about doing that.

G

it was Bushes fault
If your still going to blame Bush,,, what a pant load,,, at least spell it right. Please tell me how this is now Bush's fault? And what your blaming him for?
It's way cool that your an original fossil here but it is an open forum. Just had to say it.
I don't care if your a dirty hippie as long as I don't have to smell or support you with my tax dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.