What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vending to clubs, what is it like for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Perpetual

We, Area 51, are looking into taking our op to a med state to become a vendor. in either Rhode Island, Oregon, Cali, Vermont, Maryland, Washington, Maine, or New Mexico. We are even considering Europe. We are trying to come up with the pros and cons between each of the states. What are some steps involved into becoming a vendor? and having a commercial setup? and setting up our own P.C.C.? We want to be legit growing, breeding, and have our own line of dispensaries. We also want to be in the right spot to do this...

These links might help.

How to create a collective in CA

Being medically legal and paying taxes

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
It's done in a greenhouse with hydro nutes, tea, couple other things, lights.
Pull off a bowl sized bud. Break it up. If I have to break bud off of stem after breaking bud off of stem.... I'd say $1800.

What's the 'couple other things'? I can usually 'taste' those, even with a good flush.

P

Perpetual

ended up getting 3820

what was this about again? xD

I've also said screw vending and am looking at a spot for a dispensary, side-tracked new question being, in a town of roughly 100,000 people, about how much cannabis should a start-up begin with?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I believe in Dropping off samples EVERY time. Pick your best buds, and act as if you made a SPECIAL trip to meet the buyer, to drop off some samples... Put 'em in a nice little stash jar, which the buyer will remember. He/She will feel obligated to return the jar, and that will keep you on his/her mind.

BOTTOM LINE, Bruddahs: If it is not the best you know of, you prob will not be able to sell it to a Club at any but a low price. If it is the best representation of a particular popular strain that you have ever seen, and your 'testers' agree, you may have a chance...

The competition is fierce these days. People are selling their Elite Strains sometimes for less than market value, which the Club will not disagree with. lol... This DECREASES the price for the good growers out there....

Not a good eventuality, as I have not seen a decrease in the cost of Nutrients, or Electricity Rates.... lol.

All the crappy versions of OG Kush and Chemdog, i.e., at lower prices are driving down the prices of the very best weed. Even though they are 'knock-offs.'

Still, often low-yielders, these are not any cheaper to grow, but will not garner the price it used to.

DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT TO A CLUB, IT HURTS US ALL.....

Does anyone here grow Medical Pot to make Minimum wage ....?? Hells No.

D

dongle69

ended up getting 3820

You got 3820 for this?
picture.php
Please tell me where!
I might have to make a sales road trip.

P

Perpetual

Id rather not say where I am, but I sold a half for 1600 to a single dispensary, and the other half as ounces for 280 to other various dispensaries, redid the math and its 3840, I forgot I had lunch afterward and then entered what I had into my records. Took longer, I guess was the bad thing.

S

srk

Are you joking? 3840??? Hmmmm I'm with dongle...

edit: that pic looks really bad.

T

Teeg420

yeah can someone tell me where that club is cause i would be more than happy with 3800 a lb. for purps.

T

Teeg420

the herb pictured in my experience would sell at 3400 - 3600 the highest in so cal., does that sound about right to anyone? Norcal around 3200.

D

dongle69

I thought it looked like sub 2000 outdoor weed.
Maybe I'm spoiled...

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
looks decent but not worth $3800 wholesale unless the club needs anything NOW and willing to pay for it because they have customers and no quantity. Supply and demand might have pushed that price up.

Also what clubs pay $280 per zip wholesale? I am in the wrong area I think.

G

Greyskull

you must have great sales skills to squeeze 3840 outta that. props for you getting about 600-800 more than i would have suspected.

medmaker 280+ wholesale is very easy to get. you just have to grow a highly connoisseur plant that is an 'exclusive' (ie not many other people have it... it means hoarding!) in your garden, and you have to rock the shit out of it. If the buds you are bringing in are head and shoulders above the rest, the buds will do the work for you. hell, good quality can get you reimbursement in full (no early discount) a week or 2 in advance if your skills are true.

good luck

P

Perpetual

the pic in question is making some scratch their heads, I can see why. Trust me, no offense ever taken with regards to anyone's opinions about that weed. The pic..not the best buds of the bunch, but that's what I wanted to show, the poorer stuff. I sold a mix of medium sized and small buds in the half lb. The larger buds were all sold in the oz's. It took me a while to find places that would take the oz's for the price I wanted. But it happened slowly but surely, 2 or more at a time. I needed to make between 3600 and 4000 to make my ends meet. It was well dried and well cured, all of it got a bit more of a trim as was suggested by so many. I really wanted to set a precedent with the places I visited. I hope to ask a good deal more for the next round of things, that is if I dont have it all saved for some reason.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
the pic in question is making some scratch their heads, I can see why. Trust me, no offense ever taken with regards to anyone's opinions about that weed. The pic..not the best buds of the bunch, but that's what I wanted to show, the poorer stuff. I sold a mix of medium sized and small buds in the half lb. The larger buds were all sold in the oz's. It took me a while to find places that would take the oz's for the price I wanted. But it happened slowly but surely, 2 or more at a time. I needed to make between 3600 and 4000 to make my ends meet. It was well dried and well cured, all of it got a bit more of a trim as was suggested by so many. I really wanted to set a precedent with the places I visited. I hope to ask a good deal more for the next round of things, that is if I dont have it all saved for some reason.
Good show. :D Time can definitely increase your returns, it's all about the energy you put into it. You should get a great reception the next time you breeze through. :D

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Awsome thread. I remember searching around for info like this a year or so ago but couldn't come up with any good answers. I guess I'm another Joe Schmoe thinking of moving out west but this sounds promising. Keep the info coming fellahs.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
you must have great sales skills to squeeze 3840 outta that. props for you getting about 600-800 more than i would have suspected.

medmaker 280+ wholesale is very easy to get. you just have to grow a highly connoisseur plant that is an 'exclusive' (ie not many other people have it... it means hoarding!) in your garden, and you have to rock the shit out of it. If the buds you are bringing in are head and shoulders above the rest, the buds will do the work for you. hell, good quality can get you reimbursement in full (no early discount) a week or 2 in advance if your skills are true.

good luck

makes alot of sense.

Off to get some strains worth growing then.

I'm not in California anymore but I was until a couple of years ago and stay in touch. But advance notice if any of this is out of date.

In my OPINION you shouldn't settle for anything less than about 50% of what they'll sell it for. As everyone said many buyers will find 100 flaws and attempt to low ball you, but truth is if they really didn't like it they would just say no. That's not to say you can get 50% everywhere especially with ever increasing supply, but it's a good target. If you have trouble with it consider going to somewhere you know will retail it cheaper. If I'm going to settle for less I'd rather it not just be to line their wallets.

But you've gotta be pretty brutally honest about rating it yourself to have that work well. It was so common to see vendors running around town with average shit demanding 4k+ and getting pissed and storming out. But once you have sold a # stop back in a few days later and see what they're selling it for and how it's selling. That'll give you a good idea of what your real market is.

I may have had a better experience than most, but I liked using a broker. He took about 400 a p on average but he knew the buyers and the market that day and could usually get a bit more than I would have. I hated driving around, dealing with picky picky as a negotiating technique and the vibe many of the shops had. If you are well established or always have the bomb or are everyone's friend I'm sure it's a waste, but it was very worth it for me.

Here in Colorado it's similar, but the attitude is toned down a bunch. The buyers aren't all used car salesmen, but they aren't all the best at grading. It can be frustrating to see someone getting the same price as you for under dry or medium trim and see it gather dust at $60/8th

broker sounds like a great idea. how did you get in contact with one?

D

dongle69

I deal only with brokers now.
The clubs/dispensaries keep getting more disreputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.