What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sleepy Hurts A Few...(Now With Buds!)

Sleepy

Veteran
hehehe...
here is my current cycle...i would like to dedicate this run to my Loving Wife, without whom, this would not be possible. thanks for letting me do as i wish, Dear. You are the best! xoxoxo

10 lady plants...vegged for a couple of months under the T5.

what we have flowering:
3 Blue Thunder (Reeferman)
2 Bogbubble (BOG)
1 Wonder99 (REZ)
1 Black Domina (Sensi Seeds)
1 Orange Skunk x Chronic (Gamera/Tokeyo Seeds)
2 Oaxacan Sativa (SeedBay)-->one pack labeled "PTT"(purchase); one pack labelled "freebie".

some pix...
one Oaxacan Sativa...

the other Oaxacan Sat...

some random shots

broke her neck...

frostee...

Black Domina...the shortest of the bunch...her hairs are more like rods...

Notes/Goals/Observations...
All grown from seed in ProMix HP, fed with Age Old Organics Veg & Bloom; Cal~Mag Plus (Botanicare); Liquid Karma; Diamond Nectar; Power Flower; Root Juice; and a couple other ammendments that i can't think of now...flowering in 2 gallon grow bags

All vegged under the T5 four bulb-mixed spectrum light, all flowered under a 400 watt HPS...

some plants were topped, a couple were not...

this is my third attempt to get a female from my pack of Black Domina seeds, i finally got a girl, and i plan to keep her by either re-vegging or taking cuttings, or both...

this is the longest i vegged any plants, they are about a foot taller than i am used too :muahaha: so we'll see how i do...after raising the light about as far as i like, i took them off the 'riser' and set them on the floor, and lowered the light...:bashhead:

not too bad for dumping liquid into bags!

i will attempt to produce some quality smoke without seeds, and continue to be insect free. :jump:

thanks for looking in!

Last edited:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
your both very lucky!!!!

your both very lucky!!!!

:wave:Hi sleepy :wave:

As always, excellent selectrion of buds there Sleepy. Gonna be a good show for sure..maybe I'll do a grow thread too...

Sleepy

Veteran
heya, Anita!

heya, Anita!

thanks!

nice to see you!

i forgot to mention, we just started week 5.

some product descriptions:

from the breeder's website...
"RM-58 Blue Thunder
A classic Prairiefire Seeds strain recreated, we’ve taken a trio of exceptional and
super stable Kodiak Lavender F9 males and mated them with our wonderful Blueberry sativa pheno goddess to recreate an improved version of the original Blue Thunder. Excellent smoke, hard to keep around so you might want to hide some away for later. 60% Sativa, very potent meds with a pungent piney, grapey and blueberry aroma, the high will keep you coming back for more. Great anti-depressant weed, uplifting and stress relieving. Finishes with rock hard nugs. Easy trimming, Some plants have deep purple buds and deep wine colored stalks.

Inside Finish Time: 8-9 weeks
Outside Finish Time: Mid-Late Oct.

Variation: 2.5 / Odor: 2.5 / Mold Resistance: 4.5 / Yield: 5 / Ease of Growth: 5 / Feed: 4.5

Stretch: 2.5x
Sativa/Indica: 60/40"
"

Description for:Oaxacan Sativa...
Originally Posted by pescador
You mean the gypsy freebie, right? (not the oaxacan strain in general)

If so, did the freebie strain match this desciption by DJ short:

"MEXICAN
Highland Oaxaca

Highland Gold, somewhat similar to the Colombian Gold, lacked bright gold color but sported purple and red calyx tips on its blondish-brownish-green buds. It had larger buds surrounded by long, skinny leaves.

I smoked this variety during brief periods in the early 70's and again in the late 70's, paying anywhere between $40 and $120 per ounce. It was some of my all-time favorite because the aroma and flavor were of a super-spicy cedar incense with a slight fermented berry taste, in a very comfortable yet powerfully psychedelic pot. This herb contributed to many great parties, concerts and events of the era because it produced a very socially-conscious experience and mixed well with other psychedelics.

With a long lasting, creeper high that kept coming on in waves over the hours, this stuff had no ceiling. One phenomenon consistently reported from the Highland Oaxaca experience was that of peripheral visual distortions of primarily cartoon color images. This tended to increase the visual distortions caused by other psychedelics such as mushrooms or LSD.

The Oaxaca Highland Gold was a nearly pure Sativa which grew tall at 45°N, outdoors. It was also one of the most symmetrical Sativas I have encountered. The plants grew long side branches toward the bottom, and the even growth made these productive beauties look like Christmas trees when mature.

The finished product was a very sweet and spicy herb of the highest quality, with a hint of fruity pine aroma. The seeds for this variety were small, dark and round, and the plants exhibited slight signs of hermaphroditism and required surveillance to maintain seedlessness."

I am especially interested to know if the high is the same.

Thanks"

wow...they both sound pretty good... :muahaha:

i hope i have this right for the Wonder99:
"Item Description: Willy's Wonderful Cindy aka Wonderella
Breeder: Reservoir Seeds
Cinderella99 x William's Wonder

i could not find a desription for Gamera's Tokeyo Seeds strain "Orange Skunk x Chronic...

Sensi Seeds' Black Domina:
Dark, delicious and devastating - Black Domina blends the world's finest Indica genetics into a rapid-flowering, crystal-coated hybrid whose distinct looks set her apart from the crowd. Four prime examples of Cannabis Afghanica have been combined in this fast and easy strain. Domina expresses desirable features from the elite Indica genotypes Northern Lights, Ortega, Hash Plant and Afghani SA, making her equally suited to the needs of cash croppers, ganja gourmets and first-time growers.

Black Domina grown from seed will display favourable phenotype variation, always with strong Indica characteristics - speed, density, compact stature and amazing resin production - giving any Domina female the potential to be a rewarding, productive mother plant. The phenotype known as the definitive Domina lady can be spotted early in vegetation by her extra height-gain, black-green foliage and huge fan leaves made up of slightly elongated blades. Later in flowering, a massive, sparkling, nearly-spherical central cola makes this phenotype unmistakeable. Growers who are serious about cloning should select their darkest Domina females as 'mistress plants' to provide year after year of world-class cuttings.

Be warned, it’s been observed that after their first meeting with Black Domina, many growers will start to spend even more time than usual in the grow-room - not for maintenance, simply to enjoy the company of such exquisite ladies.

Flowering: 50 days
Height: 100-130 cm
Yield: 90-120 gr"

Bogbubble (BOG Seeds):"BOGBubble --- A pure bubblegum that was selected to be our first strain. The smell is all bubblegum and the smoke is very smooth. This very frosty strain has been my favorite for a long time. A long lasting and happy high. Flowers in 45 - 50 days."

peace...

8378smiley-tumbleweed.gif

8378smiley-bong.gif
8378smiley-bong.gif
8378smiley-bong.gif

Last edited:
G

Hey Sleepy,

damn nice grow you got there. Really some nice plants you got going. You sure do have one cool wife. Glad to see things are going well. Can't wait to see those plants in a few weeks, because your going to have one nice harvest. Well, thanks for sharing and you take care.
Later,
BG

Rellikbuzz

Hey Sleepy, my brotha! Good to see you back in the game. The plants look lovely. I'll be checking in from time to time on this one, if you don't mind? Great to see you, my friend. I'll be watching.

RB

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Sleepy my good friend,

Glad to see this great thread going, I'm lucky to have a great lady in my life as well it makes growing pot even better when you can share it with an awesome partner. I also started growing too again, everything is coming along nicely on our end and on your end too.

So great to be bug free, I won't be accepting anymore cuts anymore because thats what got me last time, and count me in for the ride! Looking forward to smoking my stash around the same time as you!(hopefully by the end of the month beginning of next

Keep on keeping on, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!

Anima

Heya sleepy :wave:
Some great genetics ya got there! Those Black Domina hairs are freaky man! Thanks for sharing!
I'll definitly be :lurk:
Peace, and take care
-A

R

Ronley

Hi SLeepy, WOnderful grow that you have going.
I grew that Oaxacan Sativa... freebie that I got a few years ago when Overgrow was still around.
The decription written is almost identical to what I grew. Aroma, Apperance. except for high.
I did not find this plant high potent or long lasting at all. Interesting to know what you think of this high.
Maybe I need to grow it out again but this time indoors and give her a much longer flowering time.

Hey Sleepy, thought I should drop a line since you helped me out in the past. What a selection you got, I've never grown any of them, so this should be a good show me. BTW the girls are looking good, and those pistils are crazy, never seen that before.

Last edited:

admiralcornport

Lookin good bro!

cant wait to see these monsters fill in... Are you still running just seeds? or do you have some mothers around?

One other q, how does the age old organics smell? I just picked up some earth juice and I cant stand the smell, so I went back to ff gro big which is not entirely organic.

I've been having some crazy problems this run as i just moved and whatnot... started from seed in peat pucks (which i never do), then into some coast of maine soil, that was too dense and too hot, so I switched to some light warrior/tube of coco chunky perlite stuff that was on sale, now their yellowing and very stunted... I'm like 3-4 weeks from seed and they are like 3 inches tall with 2 sets of very small leaves.

Sheist, I just jacked this thread... I'll start my own soon, come visit and you can tell me how bad I'm doing...

anyway, Looks awesome, big ups to the wife! ( iknow what you mean)

Sleepy

Veteran
more pix...

more pix...

GoldDustWomen!!>>hey there, bg!! :wave: thanks for the compliments! the plants are getting better each day!
Rellikbuzz!!>>yo!! been a while, eh? hope you are well.
EasyMyohoDisco!!!>>thanks for stopping by my little show! i appreciate the high praise! :rasta:
Anima!!>>yeah, she's an odd one...glad you could make it!
Ronley!!>>hey old pal...thanks for looking in on me..i hope you are well. we shall see what happens... :muahaha:
Maj.PotHead!!>>heya, major! :wave: thanks!!
bitchhitsbongs!!>>welcome to my humble abode...or something like that! nice to have you here!!
admiralcornport!!>>yep, all from seed...the Age Old Organics doesn't really smell...not offensive at least...i used some Alaka Fish fert once, and my description here almost got me booted! :chin: :bigeye: :biglaugh: :noway: :muahaha: i look forward to seeing your babies...hang in there...watch those 'hot' soil mixes with the seeds. :badday: that's one of the many thing i like about using the ProMix...you control what goes in...

some more pictures...
Oaxacan Sativa...getting bushy!

...the broken neck...

...nug shots

...the other Oaxacan Sativa...

...more random shots...

peace...
8378smiley-bong.gif
8378smiley-bong.gif

70s_PotHead

Most excellent looken buddage you have growing sleepy my friend very nice indeed:respect: those Oxa sats are gonna blow your mind :jawdrop:

70s :joint:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
The "now with buds" new and improved formula will help you grow, grow, grow your way to flavor country and dazzle your mind for hours..hehe..

Looking good Sleepster..nice list to choose from..
I wonder if the Wonder99 will be anything like those Cindy Williams beans I mess with from time to time..same premise :chin:

Sometimes the broken neck budage is some of the best..especially if the buds spent a great deal of time flowering vertical..broke and finished horizontal..
Remember Medusa..got a bunch of calyx stacked fox tails out of the sides..I'll be back.. :wave:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
looks great, Sleepy!
Yep, nothing like having a supportive spouse :wink: :yes:
I see what you mean about the hairs on that Domina :yoinks:
Stay safe, and keep em green.
cc

Sleepy

Veteran
updating...

updating...

70s_PotHead!!!hey, thanks...i am anxious to try all of these...hehehe
packn2puff!!...hehehe flavor country...now there's a destination!! ever since i started using the vaporizer, the flavors are great!! :muahaha: :jump:
i hope i can produce buds to rival yours! :bow: :respect:
cooked cook!!!>>hey cook!! good to see you! thanks for checkin' in!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here are some pictures taken last night after the timer went off...

just random shots...

interesting observation...the 2 Oaxacan Sativas barely have any visible trichomes...is this the norm?

Last edited:
G

Sleepy growing BOG seeds of all things? Hot damn...Looking very nice man! The Oaxacan is a very nice sativa...one I would love to try someday. I think she's going to do you real good, heh! :smoke:

stretchpup

Nice sleepy... those pistols are wild on that BD!

I'm pretty sure I found my avatar in one of your old posts bro, lol. Thanks for keeping it silly... just my style. :wave:

E

EasyMyohoDisco

Sleepy we're competing for photo of the month because I thing as soon as I figure out how to nominate you, your IN! Awesome photos, they're professional quality and positively swwwwwweet!

Thanks alot for sharing, I enjoyed them alot, looking forward to the next batch, its getting close to harvest time for us, hehehe.... :muahaha:

Latest posts

Latest posts