What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Plot twist: blueberry is backyardfarmer :dance:

Riddles and translations were fun to read.
Blueberry posted a picture of his face a while back... definitely not the same guy. I did love byf's translations though, BB has some good points but problem is he writes them in a way that is impossible for me to decipher.

Shcrews, have you read into the russet life cycle? I think it was Kevin from wonderland that was saying they overwinter in the soil? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Might be a good idea to introduce predators as soon as it gets warm next year, especially if the things are hibernating in native plants.
yah i've looked into that.. It's definitely possible that the russet mites can hibernate in local vegetation. some people are spraying pfr-97 all over their property in the winter when humidity is high. I was thinking it would be easier to just burn everything with a flamethrower.

besides that, my plan for IPM next season is to spray sulfur weekly throughout the veg period, and maybe essential oils as well. Then once flowering starts, introduce predator mites and switch to weekly or bi-weekly treatments with venerate and grandevo.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
fun fact: last night we measured one of our big plants before chop, she was 45 feet in circumference.

Kaya's Dream:
JUI1gxHl.jpg

Ancient OG:
6VJXyfkl.jpg

South Fork Kush:
tSiPSrul.jpg

smokey sunset:
eYlih1Ol.jpg

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had hot conditions drying my light dep & sub optimal results. one thing i noticed is the loud smell from hot drying rooms is caused by excess evaporation of your cannabinoids

more & more i think this is a critical time & requires a lot of attention {which i figured anyway but there's degrees}

in cooler rooms, circulation is the best improvement you can make after temps & humidity. of course, one may be growing for concentrates or edibles & make much of this flower talk less relevant

oddly, i sound like i'm giving advice & i mean to just be agreeing & sharing ~only wishing i was getting amazing results like you california outdoor growers

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
That south fork kush is blue flame to me. No relation at all to ago.

we found a pheno of AOG last year which was very similar to the SFK, but it's definitely a rarity. I've seen so many variations of bodhi's AOG, that cross is very unpredictable. However, South Fork Seeds has very consistent breeding, pop a pack of seeds and every plant will be nearly identical.

anyway, the mvp this year is our Sprite (black lime reserve x ancient OG). we might grow only that next year. it's the whole package, holy-grail type shit. gonna make some f2's of it over the winter just to make sure there will be plenty of seeds around for years to come.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I'm so glad to hear that Schrews! I bet this (LVRK x BLR) x AOG will be the shiznit!
Got tons of beans for next years outdoor crop....and were going BIG! Thanx for the excitement for next years season!
The smell on this Diesel Fire is ridiculously LOUD and DEEP! (ECSD x FireOG).
I'm def running the Deisel Fire x AOG next year as well!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
What a bumper season its been for everyone it seems! Great pictures of the sunset. Just stunning! Your not gonna run Kayas Dream next season......just BLR x AOG? Those plants are BEASTIN'.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
harvest is underway, haven't slept in weeks, drying room is full, all our bins are full, freezers are full, the house is full, trimmers are working around the clock, and we still have several plants in the field to chop.. Everything is finishing very nicely, potency and flavor is off the charts on almost everything. got numbers from a couple of the big plants already, i was surprised how heavy they are.

South Fork Kush: 9 pounds
Space Monkey x Ancient OG - 15 pounds

haven't had time to take many pictures but i will get some today before we take down the biggest plants.

Nice man we are in the same boat over here everything is filled with just a few left in the field. You get to that purple steam pheno yet? That things a beast

packerfan79

Veteran
Sounds like it's going to be an epic harvest schrews. Congratulations on another great year. That sprite sounds awesome, I love lemony lime flavors

EasyGoing

I have several chest freezers full for sauce. You find a manufacturer for that sauce screws? I decided to stick with Critical, they are they best IMO. I think I went a little crazy on the sauce. Emerald cup is going to be saucy!

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I have several chest freezers full for sauce. You find a manufacturer for that sauce screws? I decided to stick with Critical, they are they best IMO. I think I went a little crazy on the sauce. Emerald cup is going to be saucy!
I went to college with one of the beezle extracts guys , ran into him and some of the other beezle guys at the oregon eclipse festival this summer and they said they would be stoked to run my material so I'm gonna see how that goes... they make some really incredible stuff. Might try out the guys you recommended too, I like comparing the finished product from various extractors running the same material. All "extract artists" are not equal, although these days it seems like a lot of people are putting out some seriously fire shit.

We currently have filled up a 20 cubic-foot freezer with flowers , need another freezer so we can do more!

flavors for sauce:

-Tangie x Chem
-Purple Ancient OG
-Sprite (black lime x ancient og)
-Big Sur
-Space Monkey x Ancient OG

Nice man we are in the same boat over here everything is filled with just a few left in the field. You get to that purple steam pheno yet? That things a beast
we chopped one purple aog last week and still have one in the field but we are taking her today, she's definitely a looker
You do any full melt bubble
i would love to run some bubble... if i can meet somebody who makes top shelf stuff then maybe we will give them some material and see how it turns out. fresh frozen bubble hash pressed into rosin sounds nice...

zilo

Need anyone to help taste test the finished lineup? :p Another ultra impressive year Schrews great work man