What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

The small amount of particulate i get out by rosining is worth the loss in terps because the plant matter would adulterate the flavor more then the loss of terps would degrade the flavor imho

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i had some live rosin that tastes phenomenal. but is it as good as the sauce? that's a tough one. I think at a certain point you are just splitting hairs, unless yer a supertaster

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
just chopped a purple-stem Ancient OG, didn't have a chance to take pictures but she might be our biggest plant this year. the scales will say for sure, but personally I am blown away by the size, and quality of her. Frosty purple/white buds the size of pineapples all over her frame. even the smallest inner buds are totally swollen and covered with purple white frost. She was 55 feet in circumference and about 10 feet tall.

EasyGoing

i had some live rosin that tastes phenomenal. but is it as good as the sauce? that's a tough one. I think at a certain point you are just splitting hairs, unless yer a supertaster

Side by side, sauce all day. I say this as a man that makes rosin....... Not even a contest IMO.

I like sauce really good flavor and the crystals are vary cool but i like to bubble to rosin its kind of meditation for me mixing bucket also not being able to blow myself up is a plus

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Check out ~Star~ Crashes C-Banana thread. HUGE plants in these 2gln pots. Dont mind being rootbound at all. Im crossing the AOG male with the C-Banana in a month. They gonna be some monsters for sure next season!

Sauce is a hydrocarbon extraction where the terps are separated from the cannabanoids leaving you with crystals and "sauce" where the cristals are thca and the sauce is everything else mostly terps

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Check out ~Star~ Crashes C-Banana thread. HUGE plants in these 2gln pots. Dont mind being rootbound at all. Im crossing the AOG male with the C-Banana in a month. They gonna be some monsters for sure next season!

The Banana kush / Chiquita banana / banana OG has been one of my favorite strains for a decade now.. I would love to cross her with the AOG if I could find a cut. I think the AOG is a tremendous breeder after seeing how the crosses performed here this year.. As a male it adds size and potency while allowing the female to express herself.

just chopped a purple-stem Ancient OG, didn't have a chance to take pictures but she might be our biggest plant this year. the scales will say for sure, but personally I am blown away by the size, and quality of her. Frosty purple/white buds the size of pineapples all over her frame. even the smallest inner buds are totally swollen and covered with purple white frost. She was 55 feet in circumference and about 10 feet tall.

You said the Bodhi’s AOG has a lot of different pheno diversity. How long(seasons) and how many seeds did it take you to find good ones to cross? Were most of the phenos worth growing from the original seed stock?
Great work man! Even with the mites you really pulled it off!

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The Banana kush / Chiquita banana / banana OG has been one of my favorite strains for a decade now.. I would love to cross her with the AOG if I could find a cut. I think the AOG is a tremendous breeder after seeing how the crosses performed here this year.. As a male it adds size and potency while allowing the female to express herself.

That's why I crossed the LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLime with the AOG.....and the DieselFire x AOG........ After seeing what you did this year. :bow:
When I make some beans of C-Banana x AOG I will gladly send you a bunch to run if you wish. The C-Banana is very unstable as far as hermies go, and Hammerhead wont send out anymore beans so, whats out there is out there already.I have 3 nice ladies and they grow very thick, strong stems. Gonna take the best most stable one and hit it with AOG pollen.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Whats cool about the C-Banana is, it turns a nice hue of purple, like the AOG is prone to do.
The CBs1 also has an extremely strong structure and incredible vigor, so..........
I'm expecting GREAT things to come from those beans.
CBs1 x AOG ........... here we come!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
How goes it screws........ Finished up yet? How did you do?

Been busy! Had a great season despite the fires and pests.. Best one yet. My ancient OG crosses and f2's performed extremely well and our native soil plot exceeded expectations too. Harvest went down with no drama just good vibes. I learned a lot as usual, hope to crush it even harder next year.

Quality was pretty consistent and we got some monsters this year, biggest plants I've ever seen..... However the overall yield from plant to plant was not as consistent as I would like, and definitely leaves some room for improvement. I think a hillside full of 20-pounders is possible at this location given the right genetics and growing conditions.

I just pulled the plug on our trim scene for the holidays after 6 weeks.., Still a few tubs full of untrimmed but we can knock that out by ourselves with maybe another person or two when we get some downtime this winter. I already have several pounds cut bagged and ready to move, been driving around the state playing salesman for a week now, met lots of flakes but made some good connections too. No bulk buyers yet though which I am not happy about.

Gonna do a lot of cleaning this week, make the hillside ready for winter...

Latest posts

Latest posts