What's new

Getting Older... Doctor Calls Me Out on Medicating w/MJ.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I have a common complaint. One of the nerves in my leg is being pinched by something. This results in numbness in the leg, tingling, burning and deep muscle pain. It's been going on for years, but has been getting progressively worse over the past six months. The other night the leg wouldn't let me sleep so I heeded my wife's advice and made an appointment to see an orthopedist.

So I go in and they ask what drugs I take and I go through the list (I suffer from a rather horrible mental disease as well as suffer high blood pressure, high cholesterol and migraine headaches, so I have quite a few meds) and of course I had to list marijuana as one of the medications I regularly take.

The doctor acted like I shot her. She could not believe a guy my age (I just turned 50 two weeks ago and you people forgot the surprise party) was using "illicit drugs". I almost laughed. I told her that sometimes it was all I had between me and screaming agony from the headaches, but that wasn't important. What was important was that I am an older man and I need to be responsible.

She even wrote across my treatment printout "NO ILLICIT DRUGS!" "NO MARIJUANA!"

Gimme' a break lady. Have I not earned the right to just a wee bit of comfort as time winds down in my life?

Frickin' square baffoon.

Is anyone else getting this kind of gas from the health community?

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
shit dude. I'm sure as when it comes to weed you know what's good and what's bad for you.

if smoke alleviates your pain, more power to you

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Thats the insanity of most of the medical community. Only their drugs are the good ones.

They will look down on you for using cannabis, then write you a script for oxys, like that stuff is mush safer.

ps- I may get branded as a tin foil hat wearer for this, but stop eating gmo foods, anything that may contain gmo stuff at all, cut it completely out, then get on probiotics or even better go antibiotics for 2 weeks then probiotics. And stop drinking the faucet poison, ro only. If your eating anything with gmo in it, your eating insect poison that turns your stomach flora into a bt poison factory. I'm not joking, this has been researched by doctors, this shit is real. probably won't fix your pinched nerve, but everything else will dissappear and you likely won't get cancer either.

G

Guest50138

Thats the insanity of most of the medical community. Only their drugs are the good ones.

They will look down on you for using cannabis, then write you a script for oxys, like that stuff is mush safer.

I done 12 months on Interferon and my doctor (Professor) told me on numerous time to keep doing what I'm doing (smoking dope)because he had never seen anyone handle it so well with so few side effect He actually said towards the end off my treatment that he wish he could prescribe cannabis after seeing what it done for me during that time ,its important to let your doctors know what you are doing and why so that they get educated about the benefits if smoking cannabis I always reveal my smoking habits to doctor's I thinks its important for us to educate them as much as possible about the subject

northstate

ICMag Donor
Add to Sam's post maybe cutting down on animal fats & meat and high fructose corn syrup(in its many forms) Adding more veggies like salads and kale raw if you can take it, I am only part granola hippy but it gives your body much needed enzymes and minerals. GMO is seriously gnarly and it is in everything! almost all corn and soy in this country(and the world) is gmo and once you start reading labels, its all over! haha Jeffrey Smith "Seeds of Deception" is a quick read and will give you some beta on what has been known by the scientific community for a long time. Why cant we have gmo labeling? Think about it.NS

Grass Lands

Veteran
What no pot prescribed from a doctor...??? I would bet to say its not because she is against it, more like she gets no kickbacks, like she does from the pharma companies...

shmalphy

Veteran
Awhile back I told my doctor, and he said that I shouldn't tell doctors that when they ask, it doesn't cause any illness, and has no interactions really so the information has no value to him, but it will end up on your record, making insurance more expensive/harder to get. He said he didn't care about cannabis, and wouldn't put that on my chart.

Doctors are the most brainwashed people out there. Almost all the academic texts and medical journals are written by the pharmaceutical industry.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
To to most of the world, pot is as bad as meth.

Recent healthcare conversation I overheard,

Do you use any drugs?

No, well just pot but thats a flower not a drug
(look from nurse as if they had just killed a baby)
Well we consider it a drug. Here take these percocets, theyre safe.

The hypocrisy left me slack jawed.

A family member who is a doctor said to never mention weed usage, because there are no side effects and you will be shunned.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Dear sir, I would like for you to let us know what scripts this DR. has prescribed for you in the past. Then we can do a side effect comparison. You know what the deal is ole timer. LOL Can I call ya that when i'm 41 yrs of age???But really.....I wanna know.:tiphat:

I have a different set of ailments that MJ helps alleviate,we're the same age,changed a few doctors just for that reason...this new one takes my use in stride...he can stay a while.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
Add to Sam's post maybe cutting down on animal fats & meat and high fructose corn syrup(in its many forms) Adding more veggies like salads and kale raw if you can take it, I am only part granola hippy but it gives your body much needed enzymes and minerals. GMO is seriously gnarly and it is in everything! almost all corn and soy in this country(and the world) is gmo and once you start reading labels, its all over! haha Jeffrey Smith "Seeds of Deception" is a quick read and will give you some beta on what has been known by the scientific community for a long time. Why cant we have gmo labeling? Think about it.NS
its mad to read that about 65% of all products in the shops are GMO
& yeah im pretty damn sure that the majority of the consumers are just uneducated and dont know whot harm they are doing themselves & their children...
its not nice to see that the us is killing its own people...
:tiphat:

dusto2k3

ps- I may get branded as a tin foil hat wearer for this, but stop eating gmo foods, anything that may contain gmo stuff at all, cut it completely out, then get on probiotics or even better go antibiotics for 2 weeks then probiotics. And stop drinking the faucet poison, ro only. If your eating anything with gmo in it, your eating insect poison that turns your stomach flora into a bt poison factory. I'm not joking, this has been researched by doctors, this shit is real. probably won't fix your pinched nerve, but everything else will dissappear and you likely won't get cancer either.

watch Forks Over Knives in the documentaries section on netflix

juggo

Appauling,

I'm with sam on this one,but the tin foil hat has evolved http://www.stopabductions.com/ we have to keep up this is super important stuff.{insert sarcasim},I just dont know where to begin...but im getting a pretty good idea where i will finish.
peace,
juggo

C

chase

My wife gets this alot .I dont tell them anything my doc who originaly wrote out my 215 told me to be discreat , & if im ever questioned thats what i'll say .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

an easy one:

"Hey doc, this is the last time you're gonna
see me, have any different advice now???"

kick her right in the wallet and tell her the
only illicit thing were likely to be her fees.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I would suggest a different doctor.

its one thing to have a conversation with you, its quite another to go so far as to write that shit the way she did.

It demonstrates a poor bedside manner, and someone out of touch with REALITY. What if you were into Bolivan Marching Powder, Meff? These are things a doctor needs to be able to face open minded-ly, otherwise youre not really treating the patient, only the parts YOU like.

Did she NEED to write that shit on your form, or was she flexing her c**t muscles?

L

longearedfriend

Canada has authorized medical mj but the organization that surveys doctors encourages them not to sign anything

risk your medical practionner looking down on you or offering you less energy/focus/help

fuck that shit

if I ever get in trouble for it, I am gonna plead violation of constitutional rights and testify how hard it is for me to get a license even though I would definitively benefit from it and the law has been created to help me

I think this is the deffense everyone should use

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
doctors dont like to give you any medication unless it also has the following side effects:

amnesia
enlarged breasts(men)
death
decrease in balls size
cancer
stroke
dementia
suicide
loss of taste
hallucinations
cough up blood

and much much more....

and then they would like to prescribe something to fix what side effects the previous meds caused...

hell...ever hear of chantix? 32 side effects
32. Hostility
31. Aggression
30. Mania
29. Suicidal thoughts
28. Abnormal sensations
27. Hallucinations
26. Anxiety
25. Panic
24. Agitation
23. Anger
22. Depression
21. Changes in behavior
20. Changes in thinking
19. Paranoia
18. Confusion
17. Worsening mental health problems
16. Rash
15. Redness
14. Peeling of skin
13. Life-threatening allergic reactions
12. Swelling of the face
11. Swelling of the mouth
10. Swelling of the throat
9. Trouble breathing
8. Rash
7. Blisters in your mouth
6. Nausea
5. Sleep problems
4. Constipation
3. Vomiting
2. Suicidal actions
1. Gas

and chantix was developped to help ppl quit smoking.....

idk bout you guys but to me smoking sounds safer...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
To to most of the world, pot is as bad as meth.

Recent healthcare conversation I overheard,

Do you use any drugs?

No, well just pot but thats a flower not a drug
(look from nurse as if they had just killed a baby)
Well we consider it a drug. Here take these percocets, theyre safe.

The hypocrisy left me slack jawed.

A family member who is a doctor said to never mention weed usage, because there are no side effects and you will be shunned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVu8RttL4Q

Latest posts

Latest posts