What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS/MH ~AK48~ DWC ScrOG

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 43 (Flowering day 8)
57 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.22, Temp: 89.5 F, PPM: 699 @ .5, Humidity: 49%

4 days later, they're looking great! I think theyre on crack or something!

I plan on fixing the temp issues in a few days or so. Right now, they arent showing any heat damage, infact i think they like the heat.

The low humidity and the high demands of the plants are draining the hell out of the tub, I may have to add more water every 2 or 3 days! Summer is getting closer though, so i think humidity will increase a bit.

The hairs are already appearing. Since these are clones from a female mother, theyre automatically female clones.

Thats it for now :wave: , I'll be back with more updates very soon.

10152Bloom_Day_8_a.jpg

White Hairs:
10152Hairs.jpg

Last edited:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Lookin nice and healthy pontiac... :woohoo:

I think anytime now on the net..so you can train to the screen..
seems like res access might be an issue once the net is in place :confused:

You could probably pump out the res...if you need to change it.. :chin:

:wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up p2p, i'll setup the net asap.

I just came back from LSTing them a little bit, so they can be prepared for some serious ScrOG'n.

Last edited:
WOWZA! :yoinks: You certainly have come a long way Pontiac! Cant wait to see some nugs forming up! I'd wish you luck but I dont think you need it :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Thanks for sticking around. I owe it all to my pH and TDS meters, the plants just started kicking off after i adjusted the resiviore with prescision.

Your grow has inspired me to do an organic SOG for my next grow (or the grow after), see if hydro grown nugs are better than soil grown nugs.

I think its time to setup a ScrOG net now, i'll prolly take P2Ps and GKs advice and make one out of scratch with twine and such.

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 49 (Flowering day 14)
51 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.42, Temp: 93 F, PPM: 675 @ .5, Humidity: 70%

Ok so i setup the net a few days ago, made it out of twine. I dont like it, but it will have to do.

Temperature and humidity issues are seriously breaking my balls. I'm gonna have to figure something out asap.

The budsites are totally noticable, and the entire plant shows no signs of deficiencies or even heat stress.

10152IMG_0537.jpg

10152IMG_0538.jpg

10152IMG_0540.jpg

O btw, incase you havent noticed, i switched to the hps.

Last edited:

Underground Man

wow things are looking good

I think you will find that she stops strecthing coming into the third week of 12/12. She won't get much bigger after that so you may want to lower the screen and get her spread out some more :confused: and fix your temps hehe :noway: :bat:

:wave: lurk mode activated :lurk:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
heh, youre absolutley right, i'll lower the screen asap. I'm kinda new at scrog so please help me out as much as you can.

I'm heading off to casa de'pot to see what i can find to resolve the temp problem.

Last edited:
G

Lookin good pontiac. I'm trying the scrog out this run aswell. Its damn near a full time job training these ladies.

Cant wait to see more!

Later.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 53 (Flowering day 18)
47 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 5.52, Temp: 84 F, PPM: 615 @ .5, Humidity: 70%

MAJOR UPDATE:
So after alot of hard work and sawdust inhalation i managed to replace my "bullet holes" intake with two nice louvers (couldnt find a large one at HD). I had to cut out a 6" x 28" rectangle on the back of the cab with a jigsaw. The fan doesnt even stall after i close the door :woohoo: , considering that its a low performance inline fan from HD. I took these pics late night when the light went off, so i wont know if my hardwork paid off untill they turn back on.

I also replaced my twine scrog net, with a heavy duty plastic fence. What do you think guys? Is it too late for the scrog to be effective? Should i just LST them instead?

Be back with better pics tommorow.

10152New_Net_and_Louvers.jpg

Last edited:

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
Looks good..interesting fence net..now if you can get the growing tops trained to the same height..even if you have to bend it a little..I break stems over on purpose for training constantly..
The net should be assisting you to position the tops so they are even..real clean ScrOG's are usually completely naked under the net..just stems..
I have a great pic of that..but it's in a book..and I don't have a scanner..
Most ScrOG's I've seen use smaller squares and the plant has already filled the screen during veg..when you have it full and even, then you flower..
Hopefully you still have some good stretch left..so it all comes together..and you might still be able to optimize light usage..
The buds below the net may begin to suffer soon as they are under a bit of a shadow from the fence..
Interested how it will all work out..Right on Pontiac.. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Thanks p2p, i'll try my best to keep the canopy even. I feel stupid for putting on the net too late, its all my fault :badday: . It my first ScrOG and I dont expect much from this grow anyway (8-10oz). I consider this grow to be a "lesson" for my next grow; learning from all my mistakes. Eventually i'll get good enough to grow like this: http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12653&highlight=NGB

Anyway i'll continue to update all the way through the end and start my next grow shortly after.

Last edited:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
DAY 54 (Flowering day 19)
46 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING
Ph: 6.19, Temp: 89.5 F, PPM: 701 @ .5, Humidity: 70%

:wave:

So i got my eye on this FAT looking cola (look at pic). It seems to be the fattest and frostiest of all the others, cant wait to :joint: it. Anyways, temps did drop a bit after intalling the louvers, so i'm happy. I'm planning on increasing the EC to 2.0 (1000ppm @ .5, 1400 @ .7) over the next week or so. They look big enough to handle that kind of nute concentration. Anyway heres some pics.

Nice looking cola:
10152IMG_0554.jpg

Overview:
10152IMG_0556.jpg

Life under the net:
10152IMG_0557.jpg

Last edited:

The Dopest

[THC] True Hippie Coonass
Veteran
yeah i read this whole thread from the beginning and i have to say, nice friggin job Pontiac! your girl looks great man but you seriously have to do something with that heat. i had a cabinet the same exact size last grow and i know what a bitch it is to cool. gl and peace!

G

whats with the crazy orange screen man??? you must be blocking out light to around 35% of your leaves with that shit.... pull it out now to let the light through to your developing buds...

Peace.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
VT- thanks!

Dope- Sup bro! Glad you liked the thread! Got your PM about the Stanley Blower. I know all about that beast, but i was worried about the noise (sinse stanley claims it can blow 2000+ cfm). How loud does it get for each setting?

Sativa3k- Thats the ScrOG net, its to even out the canopy, but obviosly i'm not doing a good job at ScrOG'n. This is how a ScrOG should be like: http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12653&highlight=NGB Infact, thats as good as it gets; 450g harvest from a single 400w HPS.

Last edited:
G

i dig this grow started rocky and got real good. i would say only one thing as to the net. if you stayed with the orignal tiwne it would ahve been a nice trelis to hold the buds and leet more light through to the lower branches since you were 12/12 already.. you are daring to change the twine to this orange net... i like your style so i cant wait to see what happens

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I TOOK OUT THE ScrOG NET AND WILL LST THEM FOR THE REST OF THE GROW
:fsu: sorry ScrOG Enthusiasts (I'll ScrOG the right way for my next grow) :fsu:

Its dont think its worth it to leave the net on anymore. Leaving it on would lower my yield and give me skimpy little buds that grow under the net. This was my first ScrOG and i've failed miserably :pointlaug . All because i got lazy and didnt put the net on earlier.

Swerve - Thanks for the nice comment, i hope you'll watch this grow till the end :lurk: .

Last edited: