What's new

3 plus 3=?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya GMT :wave:
:abduct: - outstanding shots mate - abso-ferkin-lutely gorgeous! :respect:

I'll have to see what happens to my airbourne - shes 33 days flower today - I'm hoping she'll be ready in another 30. Last run took longer...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I've run into that on a few threads too Dr Dog, not sure what causes it, thanks on the props, I'll be sure to check out your shots when you get them up.

Hiya MGJ, I must admit that I did get what I wanted with those shots, I dont think I can top them. I took my plant down last night, what was left of her, chopped most off then decided to see if she would reveg, so the bottom couple of buds are still on the stem in reveg now. Next to the tri male and a couple of cuts I took from him. Bad thing is I now have nothing to go into the flower cab, so I have to make this harvest last until xmas and new year, I spent the last one with no smokes, not a good situation, due to a similar deal. I hope you get your AG13 to finish to schedule, it gets really annoying waiting for things that should already have happened. I'm deffo gonna be carefull with how much food I leave laying around for them from now on. Hope your health is on the good side mate.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Jay, you made it through to the right thread just in time to ... well, miss harvest lol. Just seedlings from now on for a bit, always slows a thread down. Should start to get worth while again in early Dec.

N

NZjay

nah, i didnt miss Harvest man! was only a few pages back! :joint:

looked fantastic by the way.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
I have serious camera envy. The Kodak I have does very well except for macros - the macro distance is 15 cm not very close. I'm thinking of trying one of those not-so-expensive clamp on macro extenders to see if I can cut the focus distance by 1/2.

Timing is everything. Once I get rolling I seem to have a natural tendency for a rolling harvest - but I gotta be rolling. Not to complain about taking travel vacations - very lucky to have the better half I do arrange nice holidays - but they sure do take a bite out of harvest schedule. :laughing: Hope I can get back on a roll in '08. Hmm - maybe after your cuts are rooted we could put them on a rack and stretch them a bit?

On the ABG13 - I'd lay money that it will finish in 60-65 days. Hieagle and ChiliB pull good harvests off theirs, and so far looks like their advice is right on, this run is the best by far of the 4 runs I've done. We'll know for sure in 30 days. I haven't been able to do her justice in photos - to my eye she looks just as yieldy as the WD-C99.

Thx for the good health wishes - I have a good store of high octane snickerdoodles - whenever I need a cozy blanket of comfort I eat one. And life is good!

Peace -MGJ

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi MGJ, You're pics always seem clear enough to me, though a nice macro capability is fun. My add on extender was a screw in one but at the cheapest end of the range. I looked for macro lenses first that were silly prices, then spotted mine for less that 10% of the price of the others, the diff in performance seems to be the distance from the subject you can get. The higher the price the further rather than closer you can get, but for insects that fly away I guess thats a good thing, but for plants that sit where they are, just not necessary.
Timing, yeah I've never mastered the art of timing myself, in anything. And struggling to do it with so few plants is hard, esp when you get a batch of males all showing at once. At least I dont have hollidays interupting anything, hmm, not sure if thats positve or not. I have a bunch of the hot soil that I pulled a couple of males out of once they showed sex, next run I may re-use that as some of the N should have been taken and the rest pretty much left. Although the prob will have arrived when I fed them due to seeding them at the start.
Thats the prob with photos, hard to judge at times from a 2d pic with no measurment tool in the photo, not to mention guessing final out comes mid flower. At least there's a show going for me to watch while mine is between seasons. Hehe, If only it was legal for you to turn that snickerdoodle biz into a mail order service run from home.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
some fat chunky leaves there Big G
they are looking great, but what am I looking at?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ah yeah, well, as you look at the crowd, the 2 on the left and the middle 1 are the ibl BN and the 2 on the right are the side cross with the quad. Just transplanted with the one in the middle the stand by, all waiting to sex. Just for bud, so males will be killed. No selections other than that are needed. Just introing the next round. Gonna be slow for a bit this thread, I'll update when I know what I've got.

Poodo

What kind of Dj short seeds did you start with?So does it work to take a clone from a plant that has tri parts and normal being the tri part that you clone didn't catch that part. If your doing this to get stronger pot ... well please tell me more on the high level or smoke report.. but I guess this next round is for buds.

I wish there were weed speak easys not just med depsensors!or a place to trade your nugs.This is very interest to say the least. Smokem if you got em

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
gMt
howzit brother..?? Hope all is well.. Thought id drop by say high and peep yer girls... and wat freaky girls they are.... Hey brother how tall will they get.?? Hope i didnt miss where ya said it already,.... love the pic that was nomie'd for potm... great work still need to try out some of yer stuff.. :wink: anyhow bbl peace....

sack

G

Hey all.

GMT - I have this lil plant that sorta topped itself, grew a leaf where main stem should be and split itself ...
See:

I can post some updated pics if anyone is interested ... the stems that V'd off are as thick as the main stem now ... I've cloned this plant bt the clones aren't growing yet, will b interesting to see if they do anything.

Cheers!! haha

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Poodo, Firstly, I didn't start with DJ's, I started with Sag's, and they started with Dj's, and that was ages ago. Although you couldn't breed it out completely if ya tried. What I started with was one top on a topped plant, that showed the tri trait, I cloned from that point and revegged and seeded it. The first off spring that showed the trait I bred with and went from there. That was ages ago too. From there I picked good ones male or female and useed em for breeding just out of interest. Now I'm only using them for both parents. And These are some of the results, that's all this is. Although since I have to smoke it, I try to direct it to being a nice heavy smoke, and I snook some added genes in there along the way. Now its a relaxed sleepy cozy smoke that should only be over done in a safe environment.

Hey Sack, glad ya took a peep, erm, well the hight will depend on a few things, which is a round about way of saying, I dont know. They are pretty short at the mo, which is how I tend to start em, but I have em doubled up in the tubs, expecting 50/50 results so one per tub after sexing, fingers crossed. If I get a double girl tub, then a lot shorter than if only one per tub survive. Also they are diff crosses and in diff composts and diff ages all sexing together, plus 2 of em were deliberatly treated badly in veg stage as tests for them. So probably varying sizes. Thanks on the props for that pic, I voted for Monkey in the line up chosen, its a clear winner to me. Hehe Sack, they aren't finished yet.

Hi Dr G, I had a quad one do that on me, nothing you can do, or need to, if a plant decided 2 heads are better than one it'll grow em.

Well I so far have 1 girl, and 3 to sex, though one looks male, and the stand by is male. So 2 calendar months, jan 26th harvest day ish. I'll never make what I have last that long, oh well.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Happy Holidaze to ya mate! Great summary man - wish you worked for the history channel over here - you could shorten up some of their long documentaries in interesting fashion!

1 female - hope you get at least another. Have you thought about increasing the dark hours this run to get some bud a tad faster?

Nice cozy sleepy smoke is always A-Ok in my book - even a sat cat has to sleep sometime!

Cheers :wave:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
waydee said:
Ive got a plant here thats showing one single trifoliate shoot, is this quite common? It didn't start off tri, did about 2 nodes with the normal two and now its switched to three.

you too huh??
genetics can be cool..

side note.. i actualy breed this branch (why not huh?) and i got some seeds that are two seeds within one husk, part of the husk joins them but shows on the back that its 2 seeds...ill get a pic its trippy.

u get any seeds like this with ur tri's GMT??

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey MGJ, Thanks man,
The well wishing worked! Total 3 girls, 2 boys. The kiling spree starts shortly. Light is something that I've played with quite a bit. On the tail end of the grow I'll get to 12/12 around week 4, then reduce to 9 light for the last week with the light further away for the last 2. That's my plan, just replicating nature, well exagerating it really.
Lets see if it works, and if plans get changed by having the next round in there with em at that point. That's what normally alters my plans. Seems that you have so many plants in rotation there's no room for anymore. And I'm not sure at what point I'll consider this project done. The stable, every plant a tri, hasn't worked out how I thought it would. Still far too many normal plants coming from the seeds to consider this anywhere near done. Which is one reason for trying the normal offspring this run.
Digital, Hi, Welcome, I agree, genetics can be really cool! Yeah I get twins, Always a waste of a seed when 2 plants pop out. Rather than being the bonus you expect it too be when you see your first, both plants are normally much smaller than normal babies, and neither are as good. I tried to grow them at first, but they arent worth the extra time. The twin trait is carried by the female, and is a cause of 2 seed potentialities existing within one calyxe. (my spelling on these things is terrible). If both are pollinated, then one seed husk grows in the calyxe and covers the 2 now growing seed embryos. A twin is only as likely to give birth to a twin as a non twin from the same mother. So breeding from the mother of twins or the sibling of twins is not ideal. Although I am drawing on research into human twins there rather than staying strictly within the confines of botany. In Animals, (like people), some females carry genes that cause their overies to over release eggs, causing more than 1 to be released each month. When both are fertilised, she will have twins. Of course this is only one cause of twins. The other being when a single egg separates, both parts continue to grow into complete singles. That is not herreditary, the pro's don't think. But in our field, I suspect that a mother that gives birth to several twinned seeds is probably carrying the gene. Whether the gene is a damaged gene or a reessive gene turned off/on would need serious equipment to work out.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
healty looking baby's !! can't keep still hu.:smile:
some overdue rep my friend !!

Latest posts

Latest posts