motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
this popped out of some "purple chicken"

buds dense like a diamond.

a quad-foliate.

you can see 4 fan leaf stems

a side shot so you can see its level

top shot where you can see the nodes putting off four branches.

Last edited:

waydee

Ive got a plant here thats showing one single trifoliate shoot, is this quite common? It didn't start off tri, did about 2 nodes with the normal two and now its switched to three.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
sup GMT! I have not posted since the very beginning of your thread. Just awesome! Looks like you got an octopus in your garden, lol!
I m with ODB, that is one of the best pictures I ve ever seen! And Ive seen alot. It would be a great wall photo. You would never no what it was, unless you grow weed. Just tell everyone its a sea Anenomie!

Peace, Big D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey TML, a spider mite, living in an igloo, sure you dont mean stalegmite?

Hi Core, glad you are still about, no one else nominates me for potm now alex has vannished into thin air. Noticed you had one up this month too, and Packn has one in the same month as you, we'll get a winner out of our bunch yet.

Hi Motaco, for me that kind of thing just adds so much interest to a grow. Most of the branches from my tris and quads are normal branches, but now and again I get tri branches on tris, more nodes do add density to buds, its all quite cool I think. Love the freaky girls. Thanks for sharing in a thread that loves those kind of pics. Any more shots of her, drop them in if you get chance. Was the whole branch quad or just the one rogue bud?

Hi Waydee, well they can just appear anywhere on a plant, and they can dissappear just as easily. It's never (normally) common though for a plant to exhibit 3 or 4 nodes at a time on a branch or main stem. Is it a strain with OPT in its history? That seems to produce the highest ratio of them.

Hey Big D, why not ya lazy poster lol. I have a real octo plant going now, it'll have 9 legs lol. well its a tri that I topped and topped each of the 3 main shoots, but I topped it at the first propper node, and the singel bladed nodes are all kicking out branches too which I'll leave making 9. That quad above was left at 4, which is why they grow vertially quite well. I'll post pics soonish. I just killed off my normal plant I was growing for bud, my bifoliar, as it was a male. So I'm relying on my tri to be a girl or Im another month out of the perp rotation. Yeah I liked that pic too, but my favourite is one of the others posted that didnt get any attention really, just one of those you need to see full screen at a decent resolution to apreciate. The other issue with posting pics is with every one having their screens set to diff contrasts and brightness and colour balance, getting the right appearance for everyone is impossible. Still, I never get bored with trying.

Well sorry for waffling with no pics peeps, but I'll get to them next post.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea got nominated..I just saw it myself..its a first for me :D
ohw and alex...its been arealy long time since i've seen him in IC..:chin:
:wave:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
that was a very interesting strain. purple chicken= (trainwreck x sweet tooth) x (blueberry x SSH)

had some crazy phenos come out of it. that was one of them.

that was a plant from a grow years back. Kinda a sad story really. I had that nug for years along with several other unique specimens in a "growers anomalie" jar. When I quit growing I got more desperate and said "what am I gonna carry around a jar of grower anomalies till I die?" so I smoked it. that was the picture I took prior to. I still have the stem though.

The plant was flowered from seed, so its hard to say if the lateral branches would have kept the quad trait. but it was super dense

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Core, it seems we are all in competition this month, though I think mine will prob be disallowed in this months as its a repetition.

NYCD, lol, cool, glad you like.

Hi Motaco, lmao, yeah thats the kind of thing I could see myself doing, if I didnt run out so often. I have a quad going right now that I feel sure one of its arms must be quad underneathe all those leaves, but I cant see the branch to find out yet.

Big D, thanks man, that's good of ya, although Core nominated the same pic last month. So I dont think they will do the same one 2 months running. I read in the thread that you tried for a while to get the pic bigger for me, the trick is to delete the -thumb part of the gobbledeegook that comes up on a link. There are others though ;) at the resolution these pics show here, my favourite pic doesn't look as good as it does in my screensaver, but at the site resolution I think my choice would be

anyway, just saying thanks for going to the effort.

Just a poor quick pic update right now, I have a few things to do, but will get some better pics up at the end of the week. These are just free hand while supporting myself with the other hand leaning in over them. So just the relevant shots. First the normal bifoliar plant I grew just for smoke and to have a look at how they were doing in this incestuous bruised nuts line.

I topped it and topped it again, but it turned out male, so he is now dead.
I'll upload the tri at some point, I do have a pic of it I didnt upload, but not sexed yet and is a sidecross, so I dont know its future. Just a quick look at how the quad calyxes are doing

Slow but getting there.

waydee

GMT said:
snip

Hi Waydee, well they can just appear anywhere on a plant, and they can dissappear just as easily. It's never (normally) common though for a plant to exhibit 3 or 4 nodes at a time on a branch or main stem. Is it a strain with OPT in its history? That seems to produce the highest ratio of them.

/snip

Hey, I'll try and get a decent pic of it tonight - trouble is its pretty well entangled in a scrog screen :)

The strain is DP Skunk#11, sorry i'm not sure what OPT is?

cheers for the response.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Did you win? If not I cant believe it and I just made my plee for re-consideration! Sorry about the size. Explanations as to how to put full sized pic up have completely gone over my head! NEway, all of these new micro pics of yours are the best PHOTOGRAPHS I ve seen... not just this month.

Peace bro, Big D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Waydee, no worries, opt is I believe oregeon (sp) purple thai, which as I believe was one of the ingredients in blueberry.
Thanks Big D, wont know for a while on the results, thanks, I'm almost ashamed to put up the next pic now, just to show stubborn trichs not turning.
Hi Flaming, yeah a self made tri ^. It'll be interesting how many nodes it stays tri for.

Well my quad is taking ages to be ready, although I did have to pull out a bud or 2 due to a spot of mold which got in, all gone now, but the trichs are really taking their time.

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
im really enjoying your macro pictures, that picture that big D nominated is awesome! hope your week is going well and hopefully those stubborn trichomes come around soon!

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya GMT :wave:

Your camera mastery is flooring me my friend! :abduct: What a gorgeous shot :yes: ! Over on this side of the puddle we have The Discovery Channel and this pic is worthy of airing!

My AB G13 can take ages to turn cloudy too - I'm trying a new approach this time - oh what fun, love playing Frahnkunstine with the ladies... :D

Great work catching the mold early - good vigilance - still learnin that trick :bashhead: :biglaugh:

Be safe, be well -MGJ

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Dime, thanks, not sure whats going on with pic of the month these days, I havent seen a thread to vote on pics for ages now. I gave up waiting on the trichs for the top part of the plant, so the tops are all harvested now, and many of the lower buds too, Just left the main lower colas to fatten up a bit. It means I dont have to worry about mold any more, and I dont have to go without smoke.

Hey MGJ, thanks, just dont look at the last pic lol. It wasnt great to start with, but I tried to crop it and downgrade the quality to increase upload speed, I figured the site downgraded anyway so the diff wouldnt be as great, sadly it is. Im gonna do a mass upload over the next couple of days, and shoot whats left on the plant. I can understand why the plant is slow, I seeded and then longer lit her so I expected her to take longer to finish up, but still, she should be ready now. I guess the mold doesnt help development lol. Its always a concern when seeding early, as the bud then grows further from the stem than the seed sites, meaning as the seed pods die off releasing the seeds, the moisture from the inner buds starts to rot the pods and mold gets a foot hold. So I always knew it was a risk, that kept me checking as the time grew dangerous. What are you playing with, lighting times or another trick? Even though the trichs arent purple yet, the buds are still flooring me, a little green tasting still, as the ones Im smoking right now were fast dried and rolled within 24 hours lol. I have a new tv, with no air vents in the back top, they are on the sides, so my old fast dry technique is useless. I had to put some buds in a plastic tub and leave em on the back of the hps for a day, did the trick just not as tasty as the 2 days tv method which never tasted so green. I need a new 2-3 day dry method it seems. The majority of buds are in tubs in my clothes wardrobe, which for many obvious reasons isnt ideal.

Sorry, pics in next update.

toast

beautiful pics, some interesting work your doing im definately taggin tyour awsome thread. curious to hear a smoke report on the quad, how nice would that be to run in a scrog! if only more people were as dedicated to learning from and developing this plant as you are wed all have strains designed for every specific region in 5 years.
sweet thread dont let it die

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya GMT :wave:
The AB G13 cut I have is a funny duck - likes loads of N and Mg - but if she gets N most of the way through she get slow to mature. I'm about to take her to very low N now in an attempt to get her done by 60-65 days - hieagle's experience is helping me out on that one...( thx man ). Other than that, on last summer's run I changed to 14 dark hours a day for the whole flower cycle, seemed to net me a bit more than a week.

Looking forward to your update shots! :woohoo:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi Toast, thanks, welcome aboard. The smoke report, oh yeah ok, erm, its an indica. Since its not for sale, and I dont want to ake everyone jelous, I'd better leave it at that lol. Put it this way, I've looked around, and nothing else interests me. Although saying that, Ive never tried the bubba OG kush cutting, thats supposed to be rated.

Hey MGJ, that's interesting, mine have had more available to them this time round than normal, very interesting.

Anyway, pic time.
Standard theme, bud, close up, closer up. Not too many trichs to be seen, but still a killer, must lean towards the domina on that front.

yet more early cuts,

An upload test shot, as its small sized and upload went down for a bit

bud

closer

closer

closer

thats it for now

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
For some reason, this thread is getting marked as read to me and I don't see the updates
Yummy buds bro
I should have a few macros up tommorrow, starting to see some big buddage now