What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed that makes you quiet/introverted

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Some of my friends avoid weed because smoking makes them introverted and quiet. Sativas in particular cause this. I'm thinking it's anxiety. What do you guys think?

SuperConductor

Veteran
Anxiety could be part of it but it's not the only reason, it's a myth that only sativas induce anxiety also. Some strains are just introspective some strains seem to produce a disconnect between the speech and thought centers of the brain ie. it's hard to get things out the way you mean them.

The main problem in social situations is that not everyone is going to be high, it's much easier to relate to straight people when you are straight yourself. You need quick reactions in novel social situations.

Some strains are just really strong and make doing anything other than enjoying the buzz dificult. Everyone's different, one man's brain stopper is another man's talk-non-stop party weed.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Yes it's not only sativa strains. It probably is the "cerebral" quality of some strains (more pronounced in sativa-dom strains) but I have naturally extroverted friends who become manic on cerebral strains. They'll fire off talking twice as fast but just as articulate and with the same enthusiasm as usual, if not more.

M

mugenbao

Anything that *doesn't* make me quiet and introverted seems to give me anxiety. Or to be more precise, I already have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and quiet/introverted smoke helps me with it, while many Sativas and more 'extroverted' smoke can exacerbate my anxiety.

papie

I smoked some Bubbles, of which I still have a baggie, not long ago that made me quite the introverted thinker.
But that was an indica, without a doubt.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I'm surprised this thread doesn't get more responses. A LOT of people, especially older people, who quit weed, claim that "smoking no longer gets me high. It just makes me worries and anxious."

This is likely due to the fact that as you age, you have more responsibilities and likely more regrets, and it becomes harder to make personal time for yourself without feeling guilty, especially due to the illegality of this drug.

I don't mean introverted in a good way. I mean self-conscious, worried and generally uneasy esp in social situations. Set and setting do matter (as pot is a psychedelic after all) but I'm sure there are strains that will not do this even to people predisposed to feeling like this.

I think it's true. Being high makes you introverted in general. That being said I've found jack herer to be a more out going strain.

THC123

Veteran
I'm surprised this thread doesn't get more responses. A LOT of people, especially older people, who quit weed, claim that "smoking no longer gets me high. It just makes me worries and anxious."

This is likely due to the fact that as you age, you have more responsibilities and likely more regrets, and it becomes harder to make personal time for yourself without feeling guilty, especially due to the illegality of this drug

no man those people just smoked wayyy to much , if you get to that point , just quit , nothing is good if you do it EVERY day non stop

For me weed is to relax , when you're done with everything , i also dn't smoke anymore when going out

If i am really stoned and have to do stuff i feel uneasy cuz i jut want to lay the fuck down and chill , i don't wanna talk when i'm high lol , that is the point for me personally

i am too extrovert /hyper when sober , and weed allows me to calm down and even talk on a normal pace

W

WheelsOG

Weed, for the most part, makes me introverted. That's why I tend to avoid it in social settings.

Part of the introversion comes from the fact that weed dumbs me down big time. If I'm baked off my ass, it can be difficult to string together a coherant sentence, so I just avoid opening my mouth :)

Something that's working for me is the obvious...smoke less at a time. I'll have two or three puffs then put the joint out.

T

tokinafaty420

Might be your friends... not everyone reacts the same way to weed.

However, without considering that, I have come to find that for myself any kush line will make me quiet. Its not that I become anymore introverted than I already am, but rather its more "comfortable" for me to just sit and zone out. When I start smoking sativa leaning buds I tend to feel like I have more energy and usually can't shut the fuck up until I realize my incessant talking is annoying people. lol :D

weed makes me unsocial and less talkative, hands down without a doubt. makes me socially lazy. usually avoid it in social settings without a doubt. it's like you're staring through a filter of highness, trying to communicate to others who aren't high gets a lot harder for some reason

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
weird, usually when im out with friends drinking beers and smoking, it doesnt affect me socially or give me anxiety. however today i smoked some lemon haze jack herrer cross before going into a movie to watch "restrepo" by myself, and that shit got me dumb high. first i couldnt find the entrance door and felt like an idiot, i just felt like a total idiot trying to find the god damn theatre, walking all over the place going into wrong aisles etc, when i ordered popcorn the bitch tricked me into buying a large which i didnt need so i felt like an idiot for that....felt like everyone knew i was high, totally hate that feeling for sure.

i have to deal with people everyday and i never feel anxiety in regular 1v1 situations or shit like that. even in a group of people for the most part i could care less about them but it does creep in the back of my mind.

if im too high and feeling paranoid/anxiety...i usually just grab a tall can and it evens it out. i hate social anxiety...i usually just kill that shit with a few beers does the trick everytime.

plur

If I'm baked off my ass, it can be difficult to string together a coherant sentence, so I just avoid opening my mouth :)
^^^^^
This pretty much sums it up for me. It happens with both indicas and sativas (in my experience, anyways). Set and setting, as mentioned above, do play a big role. If I'm around a bunch of people who are as blitzed as I am, I couldn't give two shits about how "dumb" I sound. If I'm around sober people, I just tend to keep my mouth shut. I'm sure those "They know I'm high as fuck" feelings have something to do with it.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
especially older people, who quit weed, claim that "smoking no longer gets me high. It just makes me worries and anxious."

This is likely due to the fact that as you age, you have more responsibilities and likely more regrets, and it becomes harder to make personal time for yourself without feeling guilty, especially due to the illegality of this drug.

I don't mean introverted in a good way. I mean self-conscious, worried and generally uneasy esp in social situations.

Good Post. I struggle with this. I never smoke with ppl, I let them smoke mine, but I pass.

I have found through trial and error, that smoking LESS, like less hits per sesh, gives me that good high I enjoy. It's smoking ALOT per sesh that gives me that anxiety. So I do ONE small hit at a time untill I get where I want to be, then keep re hitting every so often to stay there...

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
30 minutes to an hour after smoking I usually feel introverted, yet dissociated. However, when the bong's being passed I'm a fuckin' chatterbox. Alot of people tend to only remember the feeling they get when the buzz is wearing down. (Ie burnout) I think this is where the quiet/introverted stereotype comes into play.

The solution? Smoke another bowl!

desant

Veteran
If you are anxious on weed, weed is NOT the one to blame!!

Its likely either:

1. You have some mental / emotional issues, worries, concerns, phobias, manias ...

2. energy body blockages, devices, etheric implants, blocked chakras and negative energy etc..

one Q

Quality
Veteran
why would anyone neg rep Desant? His statement is relevant. Ive heard this from many ppl.

Some ppl never shut up when theyre high, just blah blah on and on... Im trying to chill not ramble. Dont get me wrong convo is good and I enjoy it, but sometimes its a bit much. But I am around ppl at work ALL the time that talk and talk, so most of my down time envolves quiet. not all, most.

Molson

If the person in question is quiet by nature, not a "social butterfly," than I think it tends to bring out the "introvert" more.

I'm on an "extended break", we'll call it, and before this I absolutely hated smoking and then going out to the movies or some where in public. It just felt extremely uncomfortable. And the uncomfortable feeling usually came on right after smoking. It was 1/2 hr into when I got comfortable again.

I think this is more of a problem with people who don't have a heavy tolerance.

Sativas are for creative minded people. Creative minded people that want to achieve greatness are often introverted. If you smoke a good sativa and don't want to be social, maybe it is doing it for a reason. Maybe this is how you will start to paint your masterpieces, solve complex math problems, or master your guitar solos. Friends can't do that for you....

Latest posts

Latest posts