What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Worst strain a street dealer has told you?

hippydan

Where I'm from everyone grows their own and the strains are unknown so we end up naming it after the guy you bought it from LOL. Gotta love small redneck hick towns.

MMJcali

one time a buddy told me he had some homegrown chronic...i said, what strain? he said chronic. I said yea i get it, but whats the strain? ...chronic.

I chuckled and thought, what a newb. then I went home and checked my email, he sent me a link to attitude listing a strain named chronic.

I felt like a dick.

moral of the story, 'strains' have all sorts of names these days. dont trust everyone, but give your buddies the benefit of the doubt haha

MMJcali

^^ hah not a bad idea...lets see how would we make that...

Sour Pussy Fuck - (Pink Bud x Skunk#1) x Sour Diesel

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
25 years ago I grew some outdoor buds. I didn't know what the seeds where other then from Nor Cal. If anybody asked what it was called I said it was just some old "Klunker Buds" I got the name Klunker from the sound a big fat Bud makes when it lands on a
Triple Beam Scale.

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
i remember the high times with the guys that had the BLING BLING strain.... fucking redicouls....
yup..... utterly stupid name! I actually have that issue, infact it´s the only HT mag i have... and that´s just because i have a pic in it...heheheheheh

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
i remember back in the day i would sale some unknown headies as "white African haze" to people i didn't like or i knew didn't know that much about bud, because i could charge a little bit more for a bag based on the name alone. 'white African haze' -- how exotic sounding right? well people believed it. just goes to show you that dealers will call there weed anything if it makes it sound more appealing. the bud i sold was of very high quality, but an exotic sounding name adds a mystic that 'unknown headies' doesn't have.

we aren't always proud of the things we do when we are younger so don't bite my head off.

Last edited:

Midnight

Veteran
I think what is worse is when you sell to a dispensary and then they rename it and sell it as something totally different, usually they call it whatever is popular at the time. There is one place around here that does it all the time and I know that for sure.

I get irritated with strain name mix up...

if you don't know the real damn lineage just tell me it's an unknown and I'll be the judge
save the bullshit and the hype

when I walk into the club I don't want to hear bullshit train bullshit kushwreck...just say dominant indica sleepy or zZzZz..unknown if you dont know..sativa upper or !?!?!? lol

Worst strain a street dealer has told you?

street deals? there may be worse problems than poorly named strain. threat of violence/robbery

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a few clowns try to sell me some "Sweet Tooth" over the years after asking for it just to see what was around but only one dude ever had the real deal. Little did he know I recognized my own trim work and I didn't dare tell ;)

G

guest456mpy

SOTF420, Now THAT's funny !

I personally haven't had to buy weed for so long the last time I bought some
it was a four finger "lid". Can't remember any names back then.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right! :good:

Now if I buy weed it's for fun or variety kind of like cheating on my soulmate though. ;)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

by the time good green has made it to northern MN it's lost its identity 95% of the time regularly arriving nameless.

The worst dope ever presented to me was what I called 'NOPE' as in dope w/no buzz whatsoever, looked great, smelled dank and smoked OK but just like the old lady says... "Where's the kief?".......

C

Chong_Irie

Had a few clowns try to sell me some "Sweet Tooth" over the years after asking for it just to see what was around but only one dude ever had the real deal. Little did he know I recognized my own trim work and I didn't dare tell ;)

When I was younger I would get a kick out of it when I saw my stuff floating around the neighborhood...or when ur stuff got renamed after it changed a few hands...Sour Apples, Trainwreck and Diamond were some of the names i remember people had named stuff.

E

Eatatjoes

Back in the day it was "chocolate thai" = brown brick weed from mexico.
The better stuff was called "peach can" supposedly shipped in cans of peaches, Mexican brick that was better taken care of than regular brick.
the Purple Kush was actually Purple Kush though.

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
When I was younger I would get a kick out of it when I saw my stuff floating around the neighborhood...or when ur stuff got renamed after it changed a few hands...Sour Apples, Trainwreck and Diamond were some of the names i remember people had named stuff.
Back in the day I had a guy that'd come over and buy a 1/4oz of purple bud that I'd grown off me which was a first in are area. I'd let the guy pick out of the gallon jar any buds he wanted then I'd toss him a little extra so his bag always weighed heavy. Well he quit coming around till I found out he was buying from a guy that was buying 1/2 pounds from me and he would as he called it sell "BAGS" which where 5.5grams and very moist and he'd really fluff up the buds so they looked bigger then my heavy 1/4's.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Orange Kush. For a while during high school, good weed was almost always called orange kush, like if there were even pronounced orange hairs it would be called orange kush.