What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
It´s an older picture, 2 or 3 years. As I opened one oyster, I cuted so deep in my finger, that I never bought any oysters again. But sometime I think it´s time again?
321164877_1246273189290787_95541881591058681_n.jpg

WIIIDZN

For a bread without wheat, gluten, etc.. Really tasty. In the purchase of the products evt. Not quite easy.
However, virtually carbohydrate free.

200ml coconut milk / buttermilk
200ml hot water
50ml apple cider vinegar
2 eggs (size L - alternatively 3 eggs size M)
120g almond flour (not deoiled!)
50g potato fiber
40g ground psyllium husks
40g egg white powder
30g bamboo fibers
1TL salt
1 package tartar baking powder
2 packets dry yeast

Preheat oven to 200°C top/bottom heat.

Mix hot water with coconut milk -> it will be a lukewarm liquid.

Add apple cider vinegar.

Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.

Add coconut cider vinegar mix and eggs and stir briefly but vigorously to form a homogeneous dough.
Let dough sit for three to four minutes.

Tip onto a baking paper, use wet hands to shape the dough into an oblong loaf and dust with potato fiber.

Finally, carefully cut the surface with a knife.
Put it in the oven on the GRID (do not use a baking tray!) for about 50 to 55 minutes.
At the end of the baking time, remove the bread from the baking paper and let it cool on several layers of kitchen roll. Replace the kitchen roll several times if necessary, as it draws the excess moisture from the dough.
Thanks, the only thing I'm missing at the moment are these bamboo fibers, but I will try soon. (y)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
It´s an older picture, 2 or 3 years. As I opened one oyster, I cuted so deep in my finger, that I never bought any oysters again. But sometime I think it´s time again? View attachment 18796047
The few times i ate them raw i was disappointed. I called them tequila snot because for me it was just salty lemony snot. But i also tried them breaded and deep fried and that was very yummy.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Not very christmasy at all, although I had goose and trimmings last week ;).
goose is great! i haven't bagged one in several years, but i loved it! mom whipped it up with sweet potatoes, dressing, gravy, and rolls...gotta start hunting ducks/geese again...much less strenuous than climbing mountains & dragging a deer out that weighs dang near what i do...well, what i USED to weigh. :shucks::biggrin:

moose eater

I only eat them raw, as far as I remember?
Raw's preferred where oysters are concerned, each having their own flavors from specific origins if a person takes note. But breaded & deep-fried they can be pretty awesome, too.

That said, who ever concocted oyster stew was not a person who cared much for others. IMO.

Fresh oysters on the half-shell with deep-fried calamari, and a classic Caesar salad is where it's at for a healthy lunch.

Just don't buy commercially farmed oysters from where the farm is set up near a major shipping port. Never. There's a distinct difference in flavor between random harbor-laced low tide flavor containing the essence of bilges being emptied in port, and the flavor of clean fresh sea water in healthy filter-feeders. Word.

moose eater

Just had five 13-15-count wild-caught sauteed Patagonia Extra Large/Jumbo shrimp, de-shelled, and sauteed in butter, garlic and ground black pepper.

Awesome stuff!!

Ca++

After the great cream cracker shortage of Christmas 22, I'm having cheese and pickle on puffed rice cakes.

I'm also having hot chocolate dosed with a chocolate orange cream liqueur. Which passes as food, as I'm about living on it

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Mezzo mix! Damnit i can believe they dont sell that here. Orange mixed with cola sounds so good :yummy:
Lol, kind of strange huh. 😄
It was called 'Spezi'(Spezial) back in our childhood/youth in the 80s/90s when you were ordering in a restaurant and wanted Cola mixed with Fanta. There is a product from a german brewery with this name:

spezi_original_bottle_05.png

There even is a counterpart to the CocaCola MezzoMix from Pepsi which is called SchwipSchwap. Don't you have that either!? :biggrin:

images.jpeg.jpg

I like them all. ^^

moose eater

Organic romaine lettuce and baby spinach salad with sweet peppers, organic broccoli, organic mushrooms, organic zuchinni squash, homemade caesar dressing, crumbled/cubed gorgonzola cheese, crumbled quinoa & flax seeds crackers in place of croutons, and U15 wild-caught sea scallops sauteed in butter, garlic and black pepper, fried in their natural juices, and cut in half, then placed on top of the salad.

Pretty darned tasty!! Deluxe, even.

Smaller half of a recently bisected bone-in rib roast in the oven, doing a reverse sear roasting, starting out at 485 f. for 20 minutes, then reduced to 285 f. for an hour or so, until about 120 to 125 f. in the center of the thickest part.

Golden potatoes, bisected and placed flesh-side down in the drippings surrounding the roast, so as to absorb the drippings and brown nicely. May still have sufficient drippings for the classic Yorkshire pudding. We'll see.

Going to be a decadent day, but someone had to do it...

goingrey

Mezzo Mix sucks. It's like watered down cola. Bought it once as super expensive import soda, could have got many cans of much better Coke or Pepsi for the same price! Well at least two. Never again (never say never).

Today I ate hot dogs. Long sausage, small buns. Freud away.