Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > What do I ACTUALLY need?

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
What do I ACTUALLY need? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2019, 04:06 AM #31
Wendull C.
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Where the peaks meet the sky
Posts: 1,942
Wendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant futureWendull C. has a brilliant future
The strips are very convenient to have around when you go to calibrate and are out of 4.0 or 7.0 solution. Saved me a couple times.
Wendull C. is offline Quote


Old 04-10-2019, 04:19 AM #32
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT's Avatar

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 6,224
GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
Careful buying litmus paper online. I bought a booklet of yellow paper strips of eBay. That's exactly what they were, yellow paper. Milk or coke, came out at wet yellow paper and dried to wrinkly dry yellow paper.
GMT is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:31 PM #33
GrimyGreasy
Member

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australasia
Posts: 53
GrimyGreasy will become famous soon enoughGrimyGreasy will become famous soon enough
+1 for pH drops- pretty accurate AND precise.
Blumats, coco, KISS/base nutes, quantum board = 5oz mini cab
GrimyGreasy is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:24 AM #34
f-e
Member

f-e's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: E.Mids
Posts: 529
f-e has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimyGreasy View Post
+1 for pH drops- pretty accurate AND precise.
Blumats, coco, KISS/base nutes, quantum board = 5oz mini cab
Accurate and precise are the same thing.


Blumats are for watering soil I thought. They would be bad for coco. Localised salt accumulation. No flush. But worse than that, coco is great because of it's air exchange potential, which constant moisture levels put a stop to. And don't forget the flood. There will be a flood. So stand your plants where a tank full of water can be caught.

pH can be read various ways. We don't need that thread detour. Just read it.

Lucas formula is mixing two bottles. Isn't nearly everything? Simple would be just one bottle. Using Nitric acid for veg and phosphoric acid in flower. Then the only second bottle to think about is PK.


Keep in mind that a organic feed, is usually a feed sourced by organic means. Immediately available plant food. Not a tonic that feeds something, that eats something, that shits out plant food. I have stuck plenty in coco, which is so similar to soil that you can almost ignore the differences. Lots of soil even has coco in it. And it's perfectly capable of housing a microherd. CoCo food doesn't work well in soil though. Only soil feed in coco. Which is good news when looking after plants in both substrates, or if you have some soil feed to use up, when your coco specific one runs out (when your blumat's empty the last barrel, perhaps)
f-e is offline Quote


Old 04-17-2019, 06:39 PM #35
Hammerhead
Tired Farmer


Hammerhead's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 35,738
Hammerhead has disabled reputation
Hammerhead has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Bluemats are just a kind of auto watering device. When the bottom part gets dry water starts dripping. These will work in coco/soil. There no different than any other auto drip system.

Organics takes time to break down any nutrients plants need. They are not available immediately. Beneficial organisms are the primary contributor to that process. Immediately available plant food is the stuff we get in bottles.

Coco requires a lower PH range than soil. You will have issues using the PH range of soil in coco. coco-5.5---6.0.. Sweet spot 5.8/6.0. Soil-6---6.8.. Sweet spot 6.3/6.5

Kis is made for Soil only. I wouldn't use it in coco.

https://www.kisorganics.com/products...-nutrient-pack
__________________


#hammerhead_genetics
Hammerhead is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:28 PM #36
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

mean mr.mustard's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
Posts: 7,931
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Accuracy and precision are not the same thing.

If I land three darts in the target I am aiming for I would be precise and accurate.

If I land three darts in another target I wasn't aiming for then I would be precise and not accurate.
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:52 AM #37
f-e
Member

f-e's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: E.Mids
Posts: 529
f-e has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Bluemats are just a kind of auto watering device. When the bottom part gets dry water starts dripping. These will work in coco/soil. There no different than any other auto drip system.
They have all the problems of a single dripper, no run-off and no wet dry for air exchange. CoCo is all about that wet dry, every few hours if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
Organics takes time to break down any nutrients plants need. They are not available immediately. Beneficial organisms are the primary contributor to that process. Immediately available plant food is the stuff we get in bottles.
Your lost in the dream buddy. Do an image search for organic plant feed. It's all in a bottle, or power you mix in a bottle. Not even 1% of the results support your version of organic feed. People expect to do 'organic grows' in undersized containers, that are exhausted in a few weeks. Then reach for a bottle that gives instant results.

Your link isn't a plant feed.
f-e is offline Quote


Old 04-18-2019, 02:02 AM #38
f-e
Member

f-e's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: E.Mids
Posts: 529
f-e has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean mr.mustard View Post
Accuracy and precision are not the same thing.

If I land three darts in the target I am aiming for I would be precise and accurate.

If I land three darts in another target I wasn't aiming for then I would be precise and not accurate.
Look up both words in a thesaurus. They will point towards the other, before anything else. So using both together is just repeating yourself.
f-e is offline Quote


Old 04-18-2019, 02:16 AM #39
GrimyGreasy
Member

Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Australasia
Posts: 53
GrimyGreasy will become famous soon enoughGrimyGreasy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
Accurate and precise are the same thing.


Blumats are for watering soil I thought. They would be bad for coco. Localised salt accumulation. No flush. But worse than that, coco is great because of it's air exchange potential, which constant moisture levels put a stop to. And don't forget the flood. There will be a flood. So stand your plants where a tank full of water can be caught.

pH can be read various ways. We don't need that thread detour. Just read it.

Lucas formula is mixing two bottles. Isn't nearly everything? Simple would be just one bottle. Using Nitric acid for veg and phosphoric acid in flower. Then the only second bottle to think about is PK.


Keep in mind that a organic feed, is usually a feed sourced by organic means. Immediately available plant food. Not a tonic that feeds something, that eats something, that shits out plant food. I have stuck plenty in coco, which is so similar to soil that you can almost ignore the differences. Lots of soil even has coco in it. And it's perfectly capable of housing a microherd. CoCo food doesn't work well in soil though. Only soil feed in coco. Which is good news when looking after plants in both substrates, or if you have some soil feed to use up, when your coco specific one runs out (when your blumat's empty the last barrel, perhaps)
Hey man, for your knowledge, precision and accuracy are not the same thing:

Precision and accuracy are often used interchangeably, but in science they have very different meanings. Measurements that are close to the known value are said to be accurate, whereas measurements that are close to each other are said to be precise.
pH drops are not particularly accurate (+\- 0.5) but they are precise eg give consistent readings unlike a ageing pH probe, which requires calibration.

Coco and blumats work exceptionally well together, there are many, many threads on here. It has very specific characteristics, you don’t treat it like soil.
GrimyGreasy is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:19 AM #40
mean mr.mustard
I Pass Satellites

mean mr.mustard's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Overturning Pebbles and Upending All the Animals Alight
Posts: 7,931
mean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivormean mr.mustard is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-e View Post
Look up both words in a thesaurus. They will point towards the other, before anything else. So using both together is just repeating yourself.
What

The

Fuck?

Put down the thesaurus.

Go to school.
mean mr.mustard is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:27 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.