What's new

4 and 5 Level Vertical Grow 270 Plants

This is my first post here, my first thread. I want to contribute to the information pool out here in and do a thread on optimized vertical growing. There are many many threads on vertical grows. Hard to read them all. I can say with a high degree of certainty that most of you haven's seen anything like this before. I will do this in a progression so I hope you will follow. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer as soon as I can.

Week 1 and plants are in and getting rooted. We have 270 total. 120 on 4 levels and 150 on 5 levels. We are using 3k watts. System is 8ft tall and 8ft wide.

Plants are in planters. 12 gallons each with 15 plants in each planter. All 3-10in tall when transplanted.

closer to net at the edge of the planter but should be OK without too much shadow. Stared super cropping and will continue for another 2 weeks.
This is a Vertical SCROG that is also super cropped. As most already know super cropping is part of the training in vertical growing. Spreading it out from the guts so that 100% of the plant gets light.

This sentence started with Plants should be.... If you plant in the center of your pot, or planter in this case, you have to bend 6in to get to the net/canopy. Plant right at the edge and the main structure can develop and flower. No waste. Most of you vertical growers already know that tho..

closer to net at the edge of the planter but should be OK without too much shadow. Stared super cropping and will continue for another 2 weeks.
This is a Vertical SCROG that is also super cropped. As most already know super cropping is part of the training in vertical growing. Spreading it out from the guts so that 100% of the plant gets light.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60445&pictureid=1419361&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60445&pictureid=1419370&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60445&pictureid=1419369&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60445&pictureid=1419371&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60445&pictureid=1419360&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Snype

Veteran
Looks pretty cool! I'd love to try something like that sometime. I'm sure you can maximize yields real good with that. I mean if you can get a 10 gram bud that's 2700 grams but if you got a nice donkey dick strain you should be able to get 15g a plant no problem with just 1 main bud. Like the old version of the Shiva Skunk. So that's more like 4,000 grams in that scenario.

How much height do you have for each plant?
Also did those planters come like that?

Thanks Snype. I am hoping for 18-20g per plant on the 4 level. There are 120 on that side with 19in until the bottom of the next plant. I am thinking around 13-15g p/pant for the 5 level. There are 150 of those with 24 between.

I am sure a lot of them will be around an ounce, especially those on the 4 level. The little ones that were 3-4in tall when flipped wont get over 20g.

Rooibard

Subbed!
Will you run watering with dripfeed? Oh man thats something I would love to build! Neat and tidy:)

Peace

Thanks guys. We are really excited to see what we can produce. This is a system from Verttek. No building, just assembly. The light tube is better than any tube out there. The base is HEAVY so it wont knock over and you can still touch the glass at the end of the "day" I am expecting to break through the vertical glass ceiling with this set up. I have done very well with others similar to this in the past. Never used this many plants though.

I noticed I gave the wrong measurements. The distance between the top of the planters for the 5 level is 19in not 24. There are 24in between them on the 4 level.

Hi Guys. Yes Verttek is the manufacturer. They just finished their first run of these and are doing a couple of i502 installs. If anyone wants one I suggest contacting them directly. I am not here to promote, but to do a thread on the optimization of vertical growing. I want to hit 2gpw with virtually no veg time, and that's what this is about. I will get 1.5 for sure.

I did check out your thread a few times Ganjourno. Great job with the set up! All of us out here have been left with our own devices for years with vertical growing. That's a good way to fill a small space. Nice!

Its easy to train these in the net. There are eyelets all over so there is enough space to move the plant around and if I cant reach it I can go behind. These should have been planted in at the edge of the pot, not in back. Even though they are small plants they are still getting spread out. I turned a couple down all the way. There's 270 plants. BTW you can get right in and move the half unit where ever you need to work. Not on a drip line right now. Looking at the Blumat systems.

Latest posts

Latest posts