What's new

growing with khaleel :D

Khaleel

Veteran
mrpiston: you pretty much got it, though i don't cut the styrofoam myself or anything. its a Sunleaves "Float and Grow" cloner. comes with a white plastic tray ala black plastic trays you usually find for drainage. instead of floating it in the white tray it comes with, i just buy a "refill" (without the tray) and float it in my water bubbler/warmer resovoir. the float and grow is pictured here second from left:

picture.php

no prep, no scuffing in a matchbox with sandpaper, no soaking for 48 hours, no putting in moist paper towels on top of the refrigerator (lol) -- just poke the things down in. "float the tray, and walk away." (lmao -- i should be in advertising.) that's it. the water is tap water through a brita filter, then into the el cheapo rubbermade tote with:

1) air stone with 1/4" (maybe smaller, whatever fits snugly) vinyl tubing from pump to oxygenate

picture.php

picture.php

and a submersible aquarium heater, also cheap as hell ($15-40). get the appropriate one for the same resovoir.

picture.php

and here they are at day 5 (i think that is right, close to there):

picture.php

bubba kush x deep chunk

just the one in the upper left corner -- she's out of shell but just not up yet..

picture.php

and g-13 x deep chunk

picture.php

Khaleel

Veteran
NIIIOOOOCE! I like the float & grow!!!

thanks man, seriously i can't get over how easy it is to pop seeds like this lol i will be rocking clones from here on out but for those out there that need a good method here ya are :D thanks for the post and welcome aboard!!

Khaleel

Veteran
Yikes is right! At least the poor little fella was better behaved this time! Perhaps he learned his lesson after eating all that last time ... :cathug:

Things should be shapin' up nicely :tiphat: ... I knew you couldn't stay away for too long haha.

I'm tagged, i'll be watchin, peace bro!

sg

lol you know it! great to see you bro, can't wait for better smokr :smoke:

Khaleel

Veteran
hmm, late night haiku from my two year old:

acky-acky, huh?
inmate gimme bakee-bake
banky-banky bank

Khaleel

Veteran
so wait ur seedling are in a rubber maid tub??? not sure how u are doing it. so u fill the tub with water and then u get a piece of foam, cut holes for plugs. do u germ them then put in plugs or do u just drop seeds in the plugs and hope they grow? does this setup need a lid or do u use a pump to get air into the water? sry lots of Q's

no lid -- forgot to answer that one bro :yes: [later edit: actually a lid partially on is a good idea... see pics starting around page 8 -k.]

the heater and oxygenation are vital. without that i'm not sure it would work at all. but as long as you put a submersible heater in there (my water is between 75-80 degrees farenheit) and some kind of airstone (i'm using a flex tube cuz it is easier to put where i want it to go, but regular $1.50 fish tank ones work fine too), it works so easily it should be illegal. :smoke:

Khaleel

Veteran
i'll get a pic up in bit, but for lights over the seedlings i just have a four foot garage shoplight florescent laying across the top of the tote. nothing fancy is needed, just enough light to keep them in check. if you want to get top-shelf, suspend a 2' T5 strip. works perfectly.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hey khaleel. kinda sucks starting over on here eh? but im glad to see your back. i have a new account as well. looking forward to seeing these play out. ive been impressed with your past grows. i like that haiku seems pretty fitting for our situations. acky acky bankee bank could be my warcry.

Khaleel

Veteran
looking good man!

gracious, mi amigo -- we're getting there. this is the part that takes patience.

good news is i just stumbled across a lot more money than i originally had planned for this initial part of the journey.. might be getting a thousand or two watts set up here soon. we'll see where the wind takes me. :artist:

Khaleel

Veteran
made a trip to the store... :D

gotta take care of a few things before the game comes on. pics in a min!

Latest posts

Latest posts