Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > Sessions as Attorney General could be a problem

Thread Title Search
Click to see great Glass, Pipes and Bongs at Aqua Lab!
Thread Closed
Sessions as Attorney General could be a problem Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2016, 12:15 AM #22
igrowone

igrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud ofigrowone has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemCat View Post
I seen an interview of Trump and he was asked about the legalization of Cannabis and he replied that he thought that should be left up to the states themselves
he did, then has backtracked on that some
it's still a mystery what he's going to do
so worst case could be an attempted shut down of recreational
the california/massachusetts markets will much greater than the previous markets
so it would have to be shut down as the first(or close to first) act of his presidency
it doesn't seem like the most plausible choice, but plausible and trump don't talk much

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:30 AM #23
SpaceJunkOG

SpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enoughSpaceJunkOG will become famous soon enough
all the news articles out there certainly don't help the fear aspect. just google "jeff sessions pot stance" and you get these headlines....

"Will the Trump Administration Go to War Against Legal Weed?" -NYMag
"Could America's next top cop send marijuana legalization up in smoke?" -CNN
"Marijuana Industry Has The Jitters Over Jeff Sessions' Nomination" -Forbes
"'Drug War Dinosaur' Jeff Sessions Seen as Existential Threat to Pot..." -USNews
"Jeff Sessions Could Reverse Years Of Progress On Marijuana Policy" -HuffPost

then again, the news headlines are all a bit freaky right now so maybe best just not to look for a while. and of course headlines are just headlines..... meant to grab attention.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:30 AM #24
Rubber Chicken

Rubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really niceRubber Chicken is just really nice
Will he still be sneaking into the Miss Universe change rooms as President Trump?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:29 AM #25
vta

vta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant futurevta has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsterEssence View Post
This is not the forum for you to tell us what is important to you if it is not cannabis related, please stay on point so they don''t shut this thread down...
Yes Sir ! Although my post was about MJ....as a nation...our AG has MUCH more important issues to deal with.

BTW...cannabis legalization is political..

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

C'mon...You know you want to click this...

American?
Click here...

Old 11-22-2016, 01:31 AM #26
Green Squall

Green Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant futureGreen Squall has a brilliant future
I think Trump knows that if he starts fucking with States right it will drastically effect his chances for reelection....hopefully. In the 90's he was actually an advocate for legalization of all drugs. Called the War on Drugs a failure. I have a feeling he's going to instruct Session's not to meddle in the states affairs.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:57 AM #27
EsterEssence

EsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to allEsterEssence is a name known to all
The whole fed hands off policy in place now is a memo written by an assistant ag named Cole, who clarified the feds stance on the matter so Co could implement their rec laws. One piece of paper written by an ASSISTANT AG, it does not need to get higher up than that...

Old 11-22-2016, 02:30 AM #28
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud ofyesum has much to be proud of
Trump is a pragmatist not a moralist. I know the bible belt people voted for him but still. White pride or whatever voted for him and yet Trump is no nazi. Sorry to burst your bubble. Bunch of Jews in his family tree now check for yourself.

Sessions is not president. Sessions might not be so anti pot now that he would try anything if he even could. Not approving of something and actively going after it are different. Crisp Crispy would not worry me as AG as his boss is Trump. Crisp is out of the running for just about anything if you were out of the loop.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:41 PM #29
FreedomGrower
Chronic Toker

FreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the roughFreedomGrower is a jewel in the rough
No problem

Senator Jeff Sessions offered assurances that he would be willing as attorney general to tell President-elect Donald J. Trump “no” and not be “a mere rubber stamp.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b9127f966d9e
Old Smoke Reports

Old 01-10-2017, 10:30 PM #30
topheavy420

topheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the roughtopheavy420 is a jewel in the rough
Session's today on enforcing fed MJ law-

Leahy: "If you are confirmed...would you use our federal resources to investigate sick people who are using marijuana in accordance with their state laws" even though it may conflict with federal law?

Sessions: "I won't commit to absolutely never enforcing federal law." But Sessions did agree there was a problem of resources.

"Using good judgement about how to handle these case will be a responsibility of mine...I will try to do so in a fair and just way," Sessions said.

Just as I thought, the resources aren't there given all the other big problems this country faces. Now will session's go after a cartel operation or a big "legal" op that ships it's goods to non legal states? I think he will and trump will approve of those particular actions. But the feds arresting every legal grower, smoker and patient is just ridiculous.

Fundamentally it's a state issue until it reaches critical mass and then it's on Congress to change the rules on the federal level. That's where people should really be looking, do their congressmen and representatives favor federal rule changes? You should find out because this could come up under trump or maybe the next prez in 8 years.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed