What's new

Panama

Cannabrainer

Getting ready 😃
20240412_113535.jpg
20240412_113504.jpg

Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Cross-post review from my grow, featuring Panama at the bottom:

Review time!!!! All plants suffered during the grow for different reasons. Impacting all plants were 3 factors:

1. My heater crapped out and it took 2 weeks for the replacement part to be sent and for it to be installed.​
2. My drying area (veg section of tent) had too low of RH, causing the plants to dry too quickly. This left them - at best - with a muted smell. I guess that's my sacrifice to the terpene gods?​
3. I was getting watering game figured out and definitely let them dry out a couple of times earlier on, which couldn't have benefited the microbial life.​
With this out of the way, let's proceed.​
First up is the breeder's cut of MN Tangie. In a 3 gallon container I only got 17.8 grams from her. If you will recall, she's a type III chemovar, so there's not much to say about effect. She's citrus on the front and skunk on the back end, and quite frosty.

20240421_142933.jpg

20240421_142833.jpg

Next is the cut I got of GG #4 S1. In 3 gallons, I yielded 26.7 grams. She suffered the most:

1. This plant turned intersex (most likely from the heat going out based on timeline) and needed to have bananas removed on multiple occasions. I've found a handful of seeds thus far.​
2. I lost the ability to control the smell of this plant and, as a result, harvested it prematurely, as it began smelling outside of my apartment. I called and spoke to an AC Infinity rep prior to beginning and asked if their 4 inch filter was enough for my tent and they said it was. Clearly I needed the 6 inch.​
3. It dried the fastest and didn't lose all of it's hay smell.​
It's harsh to smoke and not as potent as it should have been. It's half citrus diesel and half hay.

20240421_143200.jpg

20240421_143101.jpg

20240421_143208.jpg

Saving the best for last! The Panama suffered from missing it's final feeding, on top of the above issues. The clone in the 3 gallon container yielded 46.7 grams and the mother in the 1 gallon yielded 13.4. It has a high that is smooth and pleasant. My friend who hasn't had much cannabis exposure danced after imbibing and texted me 6 hours later stating that he was still high. It's lemon and pepper with a hint of cream in the background.

20240421_143323.jpg

20240421_143340.jpg

104.6 grams in total, assuming I did my math right. Not quite 1 gram per watt (my light is 135 watts), but maybe okay for the first time?

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sundays! Thank you all for your warmth and guidance.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really promising expression you got there @FeelHaze ;) vigorous, branchy and high yielding, great flower/leaf ratio, great resins and seems the terpene profile is also top-notch! She is enjoying a lot with your feeding since your last update, well done!

mattn

Hey Folks,

First: Dubi. Thanks for all the info and help You are giving. Exceptional!
Second: Bubatz legal in Krautland! Wohoo:greenstars:

In the moment where 3 plants went legal, I had 3 Ladies in full bloom in my box(about 40x40cm).
On the right two Zacateca Tribute. On the Left Panama Fem.

I'm sure I was not fulfilling the the potential of either as from about the middle of flowering I run into problems with feeding. The substrate is coco(plagron) based, with worm and chicken manure and irregular feedings of bokashi juice.
I think there was a lack of P and an overabundance of K.

I recently tested the microbuds I cut from the bottom at early flowering and was floating all day through the park, with music in my ears. :dance013:
All strains enhancing music should be in a special category.

aDSC03748.JPG

The Panama. Forgive me the colouring!

aDSC03751.JPG

Will be testing the harvest next week!

Ciao

FeelHaze

Really promising expression you got there @FeelHaze ;) vigorous, branchy and high yielding, great flower/leaf ratio, great resins and seems the terpene profile is also top-notch! She is enjoying a lot with your feeding since your last update, well done!
It's a great plant indeed and she's really easy to grow. She's also maturing quite fast and might be ripe by week 11 at this pace.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag @mattn :) and thanks for your support.

Based on your explanation of your soil's content, it's likely that your soil depleted its nutrients by mid-flowering. If you're growing in Coco, it's better to use specialized Coco fertilizers. If you prefer soil mix, ensure that the primary ingredient for the soil content (80%) is high-quality peat. Do you measure pH and EC?

mattn

Yes, I measure pH.

I try to avoid peat.

Doesn't Coco fertilizer just add some Mg and Ca to counter the pull of the coco?

FeelHaze

Day 66 in the flowering stage.
The plan is to let her go at least 11 weeks (77 days).
I'm looking for help to identify the phenotypic expression.
Aroma is incense and mango.
If it can help, its a really tall girl. Way taller than my Malawi and my Killer A5 Haze. Also, no pink/red pistils.

1000006209.jpg
1000006052.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts