What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice Cream (Paradise Seeds) New

Bi0hazard

Veteran
<- is smoking a nice blunt of Ice Cream right now, I love the bong but there is something about the slow burning no need to re-light relaxation that goes along with a blunt especially after working a 10 hour work day fixing computers and networks. It takes the edge off the whole day and makes me even feel like I could start working on the other 3 computers I got waiting in my shop. Centered, relaxed, but ready to think and work. Gotta love it.

Firefly, ya I've noticed great things with the cloning speed and vigor of Ice Cream.

brainlab

cant wait until my ice creams are ready , got one very sativa pheno that shows more and more of the sativa side now when they been in flower about 3 weeks, and 7 indica phenos.

Ice cream to the bottom left and upper right.

dont see any resemblance to bb , but i havent smoked it yet so we will se. funny thing is the double dutch i have in the same room, looks exactly like the ice cream ... but then again, its only 3 weeks in flower. .... man i cant wait

NFR

I was finding my Ice Cream started to fluff out a bit if I went past 7 weeks. Most of the phenos tasted pretty harsh as well. There was one smooth one though. I moved on. Carefull of nanners...

M

Mryuck

hey biohazard, i know im not the first to say it but awesome smoke report. I must have read it once a week until my first harvest of ice cream. I am currently growing two phenos of ice cream, one sativa leaning and the other seems like a even mix of indica and sativa. The sativa one gets so frosty its hard to tell what color it is underneath the trichomes, its super pungent rotting fruit smell and pretty trippy high, kind where your not sure what to do with yourself. The even mix pheno seems even stronger in high, one bowl and its like your blasting through space and some force is pushing you back in your chair. For me ice cream gives me the high that makes your vision stretch a small bedroom into a football field if you know what i mean. The even mix pheno has a verry strong creamy fruity smell almost like a berry smoothie made with vanilla ice cream, or even closer the smell of a fresh baked waffle cone filled with fruit sherbert.

brainlab

Mryuck ... that makes me wana sleep away the next 40 days before i harvest the ice creams i got going =)

Bi0hazard

Veteran
brainlab,

All you need is an automated plant maintenance machine or robot and most likely a cryogenic freezer of some sort.

brainlab

a harvest time machine ... place the plant in the machine and 10 minutes later the plant is at the end of flowering haha , but that would take all the fun out of growing...

my ice creams are at day 30 in 12/12 now and one of them is really sticking out from the others, very sativa leaning pheno that is packing on some heavy sugar coating. the rest is looking fine too but this one is something promising i hope =)

ill post pics in a couple of days.

well back in to the cryogenic freezer =)

FireFly22

Me Too mixin! But as it stands the first 2 that are at day 10 are still not showing to much pistil action but they are from seed so I will be counting flowering form flower initiation.
I also changed my capacitor on the 1000 W MH that I use in the bloom room and I got a growth spirt.

Weedbaser

I've been tokin some for a few weeks now and I concur about the high. it is very dreamy with a different feel to it that my friends and I really like.

FireFly22

Day 20, Ice Cream seems to build a nice tight internode on all branches that are exposed to light, it would seem as though every branch could become a large cola. Can't wait to see. Also my runt has completely come out of its stupor and is totally covered in deep purple veins(not a def.). Any one else catch this pheno?

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
What kind of yields are you guys getting? I just finished my second round and I'm lucky to be pulling an oz a plant. Not growing any different than I was when I've pulled 3 oz per with other strains. I'm not sure if it's the particular pheno I've been running or what. I know she doesn't like high nutes, every time I get up to 1000ppm she starts to show it

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I was finding my Ice Cream started to fluff out a bit if I went past 7 weeks. Most of the phenos tasted pretty harsh as well. There was one smooth one though. I moved on. Carefull of nanners...

Yes 7 weeks plus and it really starts fattening up. I would say the last two weeks make a world of difference.

moho

Really nice smoke report, gotta love it detailed. Makes you want to try the strain immedieately :)
I hate not being able to know the genetics though! Anyone has any guesses at what it may consist of?

Some stray thoughts of blueberry comes to mind, someone mentioned afghani as well. But the euforia, sensitivity to nutes and strong growth does kinda ring a blueberry bell doesn't it? There seems to be quite a few phenos, anyone sure of how many? Bah I'm way too curious for my own good...

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Stay curious about the genetics... I am. Knowing its lineage would really help with peoples future Ice Cream breeding projects.

Hmm, I've never seen that many blueberry's in growth. But the high is similar to it, in the euphoria and calming aspects. I get a lot more burn out from most blueberry's than ice cream though, so maybe its a well done hybrid that helps smooth out the psychoactive effective of blueberry while making it a little more centered, but electric?

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Has anyone else found one of the energetic phenos? Of course you would have to take it down before 60+ days to retain the effect. But one of the really crystal covered ones - has a big mental racing effect, with a good amount of the focused meditative state.

Just curious if anyone else came across this pheno? It seems to have more of a stretch than most of the others.

I'm reading this thread and looking at the pics (whilst a 10 pack of ice cream sits idle in the fridge) and I'm getting the feeling that Paradise has used a standout pheno of bubblegum in the breeding somewhere. It would explain many of the strains traits and the euphoria that's been felt as good bubblegum phenos I've tried did that thing where your whole being just gets a love injection and it feels awesome. Some of the pics I've seen are dead ringers for bubblegum also, so much so that if they weren't in this thread or marked I'd say 'bubblegum' if asked what they looked like. Can't wait to run these but I'm still unable to start and the frustration is getting bad. So many strains and so little space/time to enjoy the growing and smoking...