What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khalifa Genetics strains

RobFromTX

Does anyone know of a reliable source that ships their gear to the states? Ace seeds no longer ships here and i haven't had the best luck ordering from Mandala. Ive never grown pure hash plants and that afghan lemon sounds fantastic

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RobFromTX, there are already ACE official retailers in your country where you can get our seeds fully legally and domestically.
I won't mention them since it may break forum rules, so please send us an email and we will inform you accordingly. Thanks for your interest.

dirtlove

Does anyone know of a reliable source that ships their gear to the states? Ace seeds no longer ships here and i haven't had the best luck ordering from Mandala. Ive never grown pure hash plants and that afghan lemon sounds fantastic
I'm in US and I've recently made a purchase from Al through Strainly. They have someone working in the states with several of their current strains but not all are available currently. You have to mail cash and they send a package with tracking. Worked fine for me and would order from him again that way.

RobFromTX

I'm in US and I've recently made a purchase from Al through Strainly. They have someone working in the states with several of their current strains but not all are available currently. You have to mail cash and they send a package with tracking. Worked fine for me and would order from him again that way.
Have you been growing their gear or is this your first time? Im really waiting to see a grow report on the Balkh or Sheberghan HP. They sound great

dirtlove

Have you been growing their gear or is this your first time? Im really waiting to see a grow report on the Balkh or Sheberghan HP. They sound great
This is my first time with their seeds and I have some Rasol seedlings going at the moment. The Balkh certainly sounds great to me as well. They did throw in a few free Skunk x Balkh fem seeds with my purchase but haven't tried growing it out yet, possibly later this fall.

highfidelity

This is my first time with their seeds and I have some Rasol seedlings going at the moment. The Balkh certainly sounds great to me as well. They did throw in a few free Skunk x Balkh fem seeds with my purchase but haven't tried growing it out yet, possibly later this fall.

Heres my Balkh x Skunk fem growing out

20220403_111051-01.jpeg
20220413_190321.jpg

revegeta666

@Aladdin.Khalifa

Balkh Hashplant and Sheberghan Hashplant free of any skunk or hybrid genetics?
Moroccan Beldia: I heard about pakistani genetics used in morocco for quite some time, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks
Interesting you would say that. Pakistani, really? I am Spanish and have been exposed to Moroccan hash all my life. Everyone here says they are just using commercial skunk-like seeds to grow for hash production. In the mid 2000s suddenly Moroccan hash stopped smelling and tasting like we knew and loved. Instead the usual blond hash we see here smells like straight up critical, or other fruity strains. The effect of hash just sucks in comparison to what it used to be as well. It's not hard to imagine hash producers switching to strains of Dutch origin, just because the difference in production has to be so massive.

The 6-12g "eggs" they sell, that used to be of a very dark color, and spicy taste, were also replaced by the same fruity bullshit. They do call them "pakis" but I struggle to find anything other than skunk/critical tastes and effects from modern Moroccan hash. At least the one they sell here.

goingrey

@yeppa Have you checked out these blog posts by him? Quite interesting.

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hi,

Had 18 seeds of Sheberghan

Only 8 sprouted and all are males, truly sad as I use to get 100% germination ratio on my own feminized crosses

https://www.instagram.com/hampimbabura/

¿Do you accept PayPal? I'd like to get some Landraces

ACE Seeds is no longer sending seeds to my country Ecuador although all the previous 5 stealth shipping orders I payed above 100€ arrived successfully since 2017

I have a good friend in Spain, he can be an alternative address

Thank you for your help amigos

Best regards

-Hampi-

Hello Sonic Nurse, how did you get 18 seeds of Sheberghan? We either offer 12 packs (Which actually contain 14 seeds) or 24 packs (Which contain 28 seeds). Did you get that pack from us?

Also germination rate for the strain is between 98% and 100%. We test the seeds to make sure the germ rate is always optimal.

Kindest regards,
Al

Aladdin.Khalifa

Interesting you would say that. Pakistani, really? I am Spanish and have been exposed to Moroccan hash all my life. Everyone here says they are just using commercial skunk-like seeds to grow for hash production. In the mid 2000s suddenly Moroccan hash stopped smelling and tasting like we knew and loved. Instead the usual blond hash we see here smells like straight up critical, or other fruity strains. The effect of hash just sucks in comparison to what it used to be as well. It's not hard to imagine hash producers switching to strains of Dutch origin, just because the difference in production has to be so massive.

The 6-12g "eggs" they sell, that used to be of a very dark color, and spicy taste, were also replaced by the same fruity bullshit. They do call them "pakis" but I struggle to find anything other than skunk/critical tastes and effects from modern Moroccan hash. At least the one they sell here.

Hey Revegeta, thank you for sharing with us!

It's likely that some Moroccan farmers started introducing Paki/Afghani genetics even before that, probably in the late 80's or early 90's and then switched to growing modern Dutch and Cali strains. Before all that fruity/skunky hash became ubiquitous, you could find some high quality, dark hash which wasn't Beldia Hash either. It was probably some Paki/Afghan hash or maybe a mix of Paki and Beldia.

Cheers,

Aladdin.Khalifa

@Aladdin.Khalifa

Balkh Hashplant and Sheberghan Hashplant free of any skunk or hybrid genetics?
Moroccan Beldia: I heard about pakistani genetics used in morocco for quite some time, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks

Hello Yeppa,
We have done several reproduction run with these and never found anything that would indicate the presence of modern hybrid genetics in them.

All the plants are quite leafy, they produce trichomes that easily fall off their stalks (Easy to collect/extract) and the resin isn't nearly as greasy as these modern hybrids. The black phenos are very earthy, some are floral, fruity... But even the fruity ones are very different from the modern hybrids' fruity terps. It's more of a natural/fresh smell as opposed to a chemical/candy-like smell. You'll mostly find some BLD phenos tho there are some NLD phenos too. They all tend to produce a lot of sesquiterpene which is what makes old school hash so good.

Yes I also think that Moroccan farmers started importing Paki/Afghan seeds before growing these modern Dutch and American strains.

Best,

revegeta666

Hey Revegeta, thank you for sharing with us!

It's likely that some Moroccan farmers started introducing Paki/Afghani genetics even before that, probably in the late 80's or early 90's and then switched to growing modern Dutch and Cali strains. Before all that fruity/skunky hash became ubiquitous, you could find some high quality, dark hash which wasn't Beldia Hash either. It was probably some Paki/Afghan hash or maybe a mix of Paki and Beldia.

Cheers,
Cool thanks for the correction. If this switch happened in the 80s then it was before my time haha :)

revegeta666

I was also too young to smoke in the 90's :ROFLMAO: However my research seems to indicate that some Moroccan farmers started working with foreign strains way before the 2000's.

That being said most of them were still growing the Moroccan Beldia at that time.

Best,
Al

Now that you mention the beldia, I have been tempted a few times to grow it and try to reproduce the process they use in Morocco somewhat, just for fun. But I stopped smoking cigarettes a few years ago, and hash without tobacco just isn't the same in my opinion. How enjoyable is a strain like this if you just vape/smoke the buds by themselves? If one is looking for the old school "experience" so to say.

I am also quite interested in your Afghan lemon strain. It caught my attention that you worked the phenotype that was least common. Also in the ace seeds site it says the high is potent but in a relaxing and positive way, not too overwhelming or incapacitating. I love indicas but many of the modern hybrids have an effect that is too intense for my taste.

Just as a coincidence, I keep a pure Afghan mom that is quite different from all her sisters. It has narrow leaves for one, and the effect is purely relaxing, more "kind" as they say, while the sisters were stronger and more narcótic. I have been growing many indicas looking for a similar effect but so far not much luck. It makes me wonder if this has something to do with CBD levels or something like that.

Could you please elaborate a little on the effect of your Afghan lemon? It looks beautiful as well 😍

Aladdin.Khalifa

Now that you mention the beldia, I have been tempted a few times to grow it and try to reproduce the process they use in Morocco somewhat, just for fun. But I stopped smoking cigarettes a few years ago, and hash without tobacco just isn't the same in my opinion. How enjoyable is a strain like this if you just vape/smoke the buds by themselves? If one is looking for the old school "experience" so to say.

I am also quite interested in your Afghan lemon strain. It caught my attention that you worked the phenotype that was least common. Also in the ace seeds site it says the high is potent but in a relaxing and positive way, not too overwhelming or incapacitating. I love indicas but many of the modern hybrids have an effect that is too intense for my taste.

Just as a coincidence, I keep a pure Afghan mom that is quite different from all her sisters. It has narrow leaves for one, and the effect is purely relaxing, more "kind" as they say, while the sisters were stronger and more narcótic. I have been growing many indicas looking for a similar effect but so far not much luck. It makes me wonder if this has something to do with CBD levels or something like that.

Could you please elaborate a little on the effect of your Afghan lemon? It looks beautiful as well 😍

Hello Revegeta,

I don't smoke tobacco either so to smoke hash, I like to blend it with low-potency weed such as the Siberian Ruderalis or some trim. It's true that traditionally, hash is usually smoked with tobacco.

Thank you very much! It's a myth that all Indicas are bushy with broad leaves. Some can be spindly with narrow leaves. With all pure Afghan cultivars, you can find some CBD, full spectrum as well as THC phenos.

The Afghan Lemon is a broad leaved phenotype which grow very bushy. It's a THC dominant pheno with pretty strong indica-like effects. The effects usually kick in very fast and then last for 2 to 3 hours. Although it makes you feel at ease and even sleepy, it's not debilitating like a Bubba Kush or Herijuana can be.

Here are the Lab results:

Afghan Lemon Cannabinoids- For Website.jpg

Have a great day,
Al