What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-<<[ NorthernLights and Bubblegum ]>>-

mrgrowmez

Hey everyone :wave:
This is my first grow ever!! i dont want to have to go to drug dealers and overpay for dirty hash and shitty buds, so I thought I would just grow my own.....thanks to this site and its members I now have the knowledge to do it as well!! thanks all.

Im growing feminised NorthernLights from White label and some freebie SeriousSeeds Bubblegum given to me buy a friend.
Ill be growing in a soil/perlite/vermiculite mix using HESI nutrients.

Soaked seeds in water and used papertowel method, four of each and all popped. The NL were showing tales within 24hours but the BG took a few days, still i was not expecting too much from the BG as the guy who gave them to me wasnt too optimistic....so bonus.

Ive got the little darlings sitting under a 125watt Ecolite 6400k at the moment and will change over to the 400w HPS in a few days once the littlest ones are on their "feet" so to speak........
and now the pics.

here are the NL at about 5 or 6 days from when i germed them

and then at 8days

NG2k

congratulations on breaking free from the hold dealers have over people.
they are all looking nice an healthy, with the help available on here you'll do just fine.
im growing NL at the moment aswell.... started flower today so check out my thread if you like.... the link is in my sig :wink:
good luck with your first grow mrgrowmez.
Peace
NG2k :joint:

mrgrowmez

Hey NG,
thanks for stoppin in, ive actually read through your thread the other nite. thoroughly enjoyed it and ive got it tagged.
peace dude and growsafe

mrgrowmez

day 11

day 11

Well they are at day 11 now and a couplpe of the NL have twisted leaves, one NL hasnt really progressed and its leaves are yellowing and the other NL has just stopped growing but looks healthy. i think i overwatered a bit.....I wonder if they will ever survive my overloving...... :chin: the bubblegum all seem to be doing well though :yummy: they are a bit light in colour tho......had to top up the soil on the NL's abit. could see the top third of the jiffy pot stickin out.
i think i might put them into a bit bigger pots in a couple of days....does it matter if i do it on the same day as i change the light to hps or should i do it after/before?

NL

BG

:joint:

NG2k

change the pot the day they need watering, because they need "watering in" to the new pot. i usually wet the small pot a little first because that way the soil sticks together when pulling it out then transfer it to the new soil, compress it a LITTLE. and then water well in. it doesnt matter about lighting, just make sure you dont put them to close to he light too soon.... i cant give youy a definitve value tho because i dont use a 400W.
this chart may help tho........

Peace

mrgrowmez

Hey NG thanks again for the help bro, i took your advice and watering abit before hand helped alot.....

I transfered the plants last night so its over and done with and I should be able to just leave them grow into their new homes for a while now....a couple of them didnt really need to be put into bigger pots but I transplpanted them anyway......all the Bubblegum are going really well, I'm very impressed with their uniform growth. The Northern Lights from white label on the other hand im not too impressed with so far. Although they popped first, two of the four arent doin too great... they have all recieved the same treatment but they just never really took off....considering how much i payed for the seeds i hope the others fair a bit better....

first NL is a real runt but i think it'll get there sooner or later..

and this other NL has just stopped growing after the first two set of leaves, it looks real healthy but is just frozen in time...lol

and a group shot

Heres my two little favourites - NL's

and this BG I topped, I know most of you probably say its too early but after reading GMT's how-too's and seeing how young he does it I thought I'd just give it a try.....

peace

NG2k

yeh GMT knows his stuff..... got a good trifoliate line going aswell.
the NL might have "stopped" growing because they dont have sufficient root-space, it may not even look like it either, but an increase in pot-size (within reason) is always a good helper....
Peace
NG2k :joint::wave:

mrgrowmez

:wave: Hey hidingtree whats up man, thanks for stopping by!!! hopefully things will get a bit more interesting soo as they get older so stay in touch bro...
NG2K - yea man the runty ones have started growing after a couple of days in their new pots!!!! well the smallest one has anyway and the other one that had kind of frozen in time is doing something, i dont know what though, hehehe i think its trying to makes its mind up - grow or die.....

they are all looking good now and im trying to figure out the new watering shedule for the new sized pots, it's so much better then when were in the yoghurt containers i had to water all the time but now its been three days and they're still not thirsty, the pots are getting lighter but I think they'll be okay till tomorrow..............

peace :joint:

mrgrowmez

OK heres my babies on 20 days, one day shy of their 3 week birthday :dance:

I've changed to the 400w hps now and its hanging at a distance of 12inches from the shortest plant-top....Im movin it down a couple of inches everyday until i get it as close as i can.

Temps are sitting at 80 to 83 lights on and dropping down to 72 during lights off. Im having a problem with humidity its sitting at 15% but im misting frequently and the plants seem to be coping with it....i think....i had some homemade humidifiers rigged up but it didnt help much so i took em down. i think ill just have to buy a mister once i get some money.

They've all been topped except for the smallest northern lights. They all seem to be doing fine, the bubble gum that I topped really early is growing new growth now I dont know if this is what its meant to look like.........anyone got comments on this to help ease my mind?

and heres the rest of em...
first the two best NL's......wish they would all grow this well

The two runt NL's, the smallest one is starting to take off now....

and the BG's

I have started using HESI's Root complex to help get them kicking along and am hanging out to try my veg-formula but will probably wait another week. anyone know how bubblegum and northern lights handle nutrients?

peace to everyone and grow safe

Last edited:

NG2k

are you on an 18/6 schedule then?
those plants look very dried out, and possibly too hot, maybe move the light further away.
a good way to raise humidity is to keep adding mugs of boiling/warm water into the growroom whenever you can.... imo 15% is tooooo low.
they'lll turn out fine sure enough :wink:

mrgrowmez

Ok so im battling along here and so are the little ones, im tryin to get the humidity up......i got a nut lockout because of fucked up PH (i think) , so im fixing the ph and now ive got nitrogen def., the lower older leaves have got some serious yellowing going on from the tip in. I gave them their first feeding today on 1/4 strength to see if I can fix the deficiency.

NG2k

mr GM.... not saying its not PH but at this stage i really would doubt it being PH or even a nute def. what soil brand are you using? how often do you water and by how much? and your using HESI nutes at 1/4 strength now?

mrgrowmez

hey NG,
ok ill post up some pics and give me your opinion... :joint:

the soil im using is "indoor flower" soil bought from the nursery...
it has some added ferts (14-7-15) and micros as well as dolomite and some hydroballs for drainage.
im feeling when the pots are dry and then making myself wait another day which is about 3 or 4 days. i fed them today and added 1/4 strength HESI tnt complex and some root complex as well.
Here they all are 4 weeks from seed

here are two NLS

and a couple of the the bubblegums...

the BG's are doing a bit better then the NLS but its the same thing is starting on them. ive thought about everything that i've done and has happened and all I can think is it started after i noticed how high the PH was on the runoff and it has just gotten worse.

The leaves that are yellow wont recover will they ? so can i just trim them off? or should I leave them?
aaaggghhhhh

anyhow hopefully things will pick up......

NG2k

hey :wave:
well they certainly are nute deficient so i am wrong on that one. when u say your PH was "high" how high was it and how did u test it? are the dead brown bits crispy or wilted? if i were you i would remove all dead or unhealthy growth. you dont smoke around your plants do you :joint:?
NG2k

mrgrowmez

nah im not a smoker....until these things get finished anyway. :woohoo:

the ph was up over 7 nearly 8, i tested the runoff with some ph7 water and a droplet test kit....

so today I transplanted them and trimmed of the dead and dying shit....the ones that had it worse were actually almost rootbound i think, well they had a lot of roots which had started circling the pot quite heavily....hopefully this will help them out a bit.....fingers crossed....now they are in 1 and a half gallon buckets, where they will stay until the have recovered, showed sex and then ill put em into something bigger and flower them.......however long that all takes i dont know :confused:

thanks for the help NG and keep poppin in to see how it turns out.

NG2k

well if im honest with you... those Ph kits are absolute and utter shit... as anyone on here. if you want to measure PH (which in soil u dont really have to especially if using lime) get a digital meter off ebay or something only a few bob and definitely worth the money. keep stepping up on the feeding but stay light and increase lightly.... nothing drastic. good work Mr GM :wink:!

Latest posts

Latest posts