What's new

2015 looking to add new strains to the menu!

W

WeetisPotPie

Disclaimer. The following is not a cut on any breeder or strain. Just how it did in my environment. Your results or the results of others may vary.

Hazeman G13/HP:
5 seeds, 2 female and 3 male.
All these plants had the same structure, including the males. They grow great in veg no issues at all. Looked nothing like an indica dominant strain even in veg had thin fan leaves. Flowering the 2 plants had similar buds and both had a good stretch making them look even more sativa leaning. The flowers spacing is far apart too, no giant colas but lots of buds. Had to be tied up. Buds where giant but had no density to them. Covered in bright white pistols. The only difference between the 2 plants was the smell. One had a super cotton candy type smell, the other, had a garlic body odor musky smell, with sweetness underneath. It was really easy to trim so that was a plus. In the end just didn't find a keeper pheno. Yield wasn't great and the buds where super fluffy. No pre smoke report.

Louds Seeds Headband.
3 female seeds. 2 made it into veg.
2 different phenos right from the start. Headband 1 had average while Headband 2 had off the chart growth. Massive fan leaves and topped great. In flowering Neither stretched much about double in size after being topped. HB 1 grew giant colas, with fairly dense buds. Really nice structure. HB 2 grew giant rock hard buds, looked like giant spears. Very OG looking but both had very good stalks not floppy at all. They both have virtually no smell. I'm hoping that changes after the cure. Kept pheno 2, smoke results pending. Yield was great on both plants. Way above average.

Reserve Privada Tangie
3 female seeds. All made it to veg.
This one had the most variation. All 3 plants were different. The all grew pretty average in veg, no clear winner. Took to topping well. After the light change is were they showed their differences. Tangie 1 was a massive producer, she also tripled in size, she grew giant hairy dark green colas that looked fluffy but were very dense. Great yield. Plant #2 grew slim colas of rock hard nuggets and had very little stretch. In fact she yielded 1/4 of her sisters. But the nuggets are exceptional and covered in trichomes. Kind of a runt. Plant 3 was the middle of the road, nice chunky solid buds. Tripled in size from the flip so very stretchy. All these were very floppy, stretchy plants, even the runt. As far as smell, everyone smelled the same, the runt was stronger but still smelled like fresh stepped in dogshit with an orange tang underneath. Burns the nose. I tried each one in the morning, first thing. All had exactly they same high and taste. Not fully cured but I could def taste orange but with an earthy musk to it. The high was a up buzz, not really hard hitting. But nice. Doesn't last more than an hour. Good morning or day smoke, if you have shit to do. I'm not keeping any of them, I think I may try again with a greater number of seeds.

Ripper Double Glock.
3 female seeds 2 made it to veg.
2 very different phenos here. Plant 1 was massive in veg she grew twice as fast as any other plant. Giant fan leaves. Took well to topping, all around she was the veg winner. Plant 2 was pretty average in veg, not a stand out but not a runt. They took well to topping and the flip. Plant 1 grew massive, tripled her already large size. And then some. Grew solid buds opposite each other down the stalks. Largest yield by far. Plant 2 just did it's things, reminded me of NL. Hard dense colas all the way up. Even the larf shit was nice. Above average yield. Both smelled of epoxy resin with hints of grape. Kind of nice. They both smoke the same, so size was the only difference. All body high as expected in the smoke test. Not a day smoker for sure. If your looking for a little different ghani back cross I would give this a run. Well worth it. I had low expectations, but it really was one of the nicer strains. Nice job by Ripper Seeds. Didn't keep a cut of either.

Mystery seed???
1 seed female made it into veg.
AND SUCKED SHIT! Well at least it didn't hermie on me. Don't know what it was but it was horrid. Grew like an indica. Long colas the buds were fluffy and dark green smelled good, like diesel fuel. But the stem twisted and grew big tumors and all sorts of crap. Went right into the bubble hash pile.

Ace Seeds Fatty Bubba.
1 seed female made it to veg. Already been running a different pheno. Wish I had more of these to go through. I have a cut of the Katsu leaning pheno but either could be winners. Not big on the yield. But the best smoke by far. The katsu pheno is a slower vegger then the kali\china pheno witch is very stout and hashplant like. Super large leaves fat stems and very fast growing. In flower both stay pretty short with the katsu pheno having a little more stretch and being lanky as hell. They both smell of creamy coffee with hashy undertones. The smoke is middle of the road. Perfect daytime, the hash plant had a little more body high, the katsu was more even keeled. Neither put me down for the count, but over indulge and you will wake up with a wicked case of the munchies. The taste of the katsu is coffee with a zest of lemon. This is my keeper. God rule! I run it for myself to have. The kali\china pheno is more hashy tasting with coffee undertones. Most popular strain I grow is the katsu pheno, but it just doesn't yield.

Greenpoint seeds. Starfighter\Stardawg.
6 seeds popped. All made it to veg......5 MALES! I will be popping the last 4 in the near future. The lone female was really nice. Veg was pretty average. Did just fine. Flowering she was fine with topping and the flip. She doubled her size and was very floppy. Good size beer can colas. Bud spacing was a little wide she really filled out the last few weeks. She was the most crystal covered bitch in the room. And the buds smelled like diesel fuel and chemical cherry pez. Just amazing. Her smoke is top notch too. Taste like cherries with a bitter twist and earthy exhale. The high starts in your head, almost a throbbing then it hits your body like mac truck. Didn't keep her as she was a little to lanky and yield was average. Still nice.

I will post more detailed smoke reports with photos in the coming weeks. I've eaten 2 meals and completely cleaned up the flower room while doing this update so if it's a bit incoherent forgive me.

Next up, the future of the hunt and testers!!!!! Plus I'll be moving some stuff in flowering. So I'll have that update.

sdd420

Veteran
Thanks for the detailed report. My what a mix of smoke lol can't wait for the next list for your grow, with so many seeds out there and so little time. At least until we finally legalize peace sdd

W

WeetisPotPie

News!!!!!!

News!!!!!!

Updates galore!! This post will contain my plans for the next few runs. First off, I will be starting a new thread in the testers section. It will contain the GPS testers I will run. I will still update this thread it will contain the flowering run I'm starting tonight, while the GPS testers are in veg. Then when I flower the GPS testers I will start the next pheno hunt strains and document them here as well. Hope that make sense. Here are some of the future runs.
GPS Polar Bear OG Testers- Yeti, Golden Goat and Tres Sister
GPS Stardawg crosses-Super Sour Fire OG, Abusive/Sour D and Shuteye.

Today I started flowering 8 plants. All female seeds. 3 OG Ghost train haze #1, 3 SSSDH and 2 Sour Diesels from Loud Seeds. Pictures to follow. I have 6 more that will go in after one more week of veg. 2 more Sour Diesels and 4 East Coast Cookies. I will post an update with pictures a little later. Fuck I'm out of papers!!!!!

I also built a small dwc tub that I can put 3 inch net pots in. I can fit 15 baskets in it. Should do a good job as a holder tank till I decide the fate of each plant. Well that is enough of my rambling. I need a break and to prune some of these beasts that I just placed in flowering.
:smoweed:

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 15

Flowering update part 1 day 15

Sorry about the lack of updates. Real life can keep a guy busy. Back to business. This is run number 2. Sorry about the lack of veg updates but things got busy. I have had half the girls in for 2 weeks and the other half for 1. This run will contain the following.
Rare Dankness OG Ghost Train Haze #1(3)
Connoisseur Genetics Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze(3) and East Coast Cookies(4).
Loud Seeds Sour Diesel(4).
All the seeds are feminized.
I plan on running for 11 weeks.

Rare Dankness OG Ghost Train Haze #1
I seem to have 2 Phenos out of the 3 girls. #1 has a stink like someone just killed a skunk if you rub against it. And is lanky and lime green in color. #2 and #3 are a little lighter in color and shorter in stature. Both have the same smell as #1 but are not as strong when touched. All of them have been topped twice. 4-6 tops on each plant. All the plants are 15 days old.

OG Ghost Train Haze #1 Plant 1

OG Ghost Train Haze #1 Plant 2

OG Ghost Train Haze #1 Plant 3

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 15

Flowering update part 2 day 15

Connoisseur Genetics Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. 3 plant all different phenos. All smell roughly the same at this stage. A little skunky with a sourness. Plant #1 is very lanky and slow growing. #2 is really nice, thick stalk, large dark fat fan leaves. #3 is a mix of 1 and 2. All have been topped and are 15 days into flowering.

SSSDH #1

SSSDH #2

SSSDH #3

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 15(8)

Flowering update part 3 day 15(8)

Loud Seeds Sour Diesel. I have 4 plants. #1 and #2 where topped and are 15 days into flowering. #1 is super tall and lanky, very sativa in structure, #2 is half the size very little stretch, both have a chemy type smell, both have small OG like fan leaves. #3 and #4 haven't been topped and are 8 days into flowering. They are short and squat with thick stalks and wide indica like fan leaves. No smell yet.

Sour Diesel #1

Sour Diesel #2

Sour Diesel #3

Sour Diesel #4

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 4 day 8

Flowering update part 4 day 8

Connoisseur Genetics East Coast Cookies. Ended up with 4 plants. All look very similar just different heights. Nice fat fan leaves, healthy looking. No smell yet. Plant 3 and 4 are the twins. 3 was a little smaller but is catching up to its sisters.

East Coast Cookies #1

East Coast Cookies #2

East Coast Cookies #3

East Coast Cookies #4

Started my GreenPoint Seeds Polar Bear OG testers tonight you can follow the link in my signature if you're interested.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 22/15

Flowering update part 1 day 22/15

Well it's been a long weekend. Wanted to do this update last night but the Blue Lab Guardian I use decided to fail. You would think they would have a little better support system online. Thanks to Growers House online for setting up the RMA. Plants are really thriving. Starting to stink a little more. The SSSDH's are really lemony.
Here are the girls!

Ghost Train Haze #1.
2 phenos emerging.

Plant 1/Pheno 1.
Tall lanky, very OG leaning, lime glowing green with dark leaves.

Plant 2/Pheno 2.
Shorter stature.
A little further along than pheno 1 in flower development.

Plant 3/Pheno 2.
Pretty much the same as plant 2.

Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze. (not the SSSDH BX1)
3 plants 3 different phenos.
All smell of lemon when you rub the stem.

Plant 1/Pheno 1
Very wispy.
Hasn't stretched much.

Plant 2/Pheno 2
Nice plant, the stalk is really thick.
Hasn't stretched much, maybe double.

Continued next post.....

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 22/15

Flowering update part 2 day 22/15

Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze Continued.

Plant 3/Pheno 3
This is more hazy leaning.
Looks like a mix of 1 and 2.

Loud Seeds Sour Diesel.
Little harder with this one. I have plants in 2 stages.
Plant 1 and 2 are at 22 days and plants 3 and 4 15 days.
1 and 2 also are topped. So far 2 phenos.

Plant 1/Pheno 1
Holy stretch, she tripled on me. Growing past the lights.
She is really sativa in structure, I will be able to train her
across the back wall. Very lemony,chem smell when rubbed.

Plant 2/Pheno 2
Looks and smells like plant 1 but 1/3 the size.
Small fan leaves.

Plant 3/Pheno? 15 days.
Much bigger leaves then 1 and 2. Not much stretch.

Plant 4/Pheno? 15 days.
Same as 3 just a little darker.

Continued next post....

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 22/15

Flowering update part 3 day 22/15

East Coast Cookies. All these are at 15 days so not much
on phenos. The runt twin has caught up in height with her sister.

Plant 1/Pheno?

Plant 2/Pheno?

Plant 3/Pheno? Runt Twin

Plant 4/Pheno? Twin

W

WeetisPotPie

Cloning update and future grows.

Cloning update and future grows.

Thought I'd do a cloning update. How the clones are doing and ease of cloning them.
Have to say the CSG and Rare Dankness gear really cloned easily.
East Coast Cookies being the clear winner in speed.
The Loud Seeds Sour Diesel is a mixed bag. 1 and 4 seem to be a
real bitch to clone, 2 and 3 cloned really fast along with the RD and
CSG gear.
Here is a picture of the tote they are living in for a really long time.
Just need them alive to get keeper cuts.

Going to be crowded in that room really soon.
Got some more beans in the mail today. GPS had some specials and
limited releases, so I couldn't help myself. Picked up a pack of Ghost Town,
Ghost Og X Stardawg, also got Purple Goji and G-6 Jet fuel and Santa Muerte(freebie)
Polar Bear OG crosses. I have the whole rest of the year planned out. The pheno hunt may run into 2016!
Should be a fun year!

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 1 day 36/29

Flowering update part 1 day 36/29

This is a little late. Took the pictures on Sunday but ran into some shit
literally, kids clogged up the shitter. So I've been dealing with that.
Things are running along smoothly in the grow.
Still trying to get the Blue Lab Guardian fixed. Sent the unit back got
a new one and the ph probe reads 5.0 in anything but ph calibration
solution. It's so nice having that read out, but I've learned double
checking it is a must.
On to the pictures, tough to get good ones. Some monsters in there.
Including 3 different phenotypes of the GTH1, all of which are covered in trichomes. All at day 36.

GTH1 plant 1: This has to be the Ghost leaning pheno.
She is lime green, flowering about a week behind her sisters, her
pistols are long and she is very sticky from stems, to leaves to
buds. Very lanky and thin too. I can tell she may not yield much.

GTH2 plant 2: This one seems to be a little more centered. Way
faster in flowering as you can see by the buds. Medium stretch
and colas instead of nuggets.

GTH3 plant 3: This one is nice, a little stretch not much but super
crowning colas. Very sturdy. This one is just plastered with crystals.
I will get better pictures next week until then here is one with her on
the left and SSSDH #2 on the right.

Might as well do the SSSDH next. Have a few phenos. All reek of
lemon, very nice. All at day 36

SSSDH #2: This girl has the nicest structure out of all her sisters.
Much tighter flowers and appears to be heavy in weight. Not a bunch
of stretch to her. I will get a better shot of her next week. See
above picture.

SSSDH #1: The runt. She is filling out but very lanky. She smells
great the she seem to be a few days behind #2. No picture this
week didn't turn out and I didn't feel like venturing back, too much
shit happens with all the lines on the floor and large plants.

SSSDH #3: Also a very nice plant. Just sticky as hell. I wish I could
get better shots. Not much stretch on her just a little more than #3,
she seems like a larger version of #1.

Another picture of her.

Next up the Sour Diesels.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 2 day 36(29)

Flowering update part 2 day 36(29)

Here are the Loud Seed Sour Diesel. Looking good. Pheno 2 has no stretch, the other 3 all tripled in height.

Sour Diesel #1: Tallest one, very vine like. Dark leaves but lime stalk.
She is growing colas of dense nuggets with bright white pistols. All
the phenos have the same smell, diesel fuel and lemon pledge. She is
at 36 days in this phot.

Sour Diesel #2: This one is shorter and had no stretch, just started
growing flowers almost immediately. Again super dense buds, same
smell and trichome coverage as #1. Still lanky. 36 days.

Sour Diesel #3: This one had some real stretch to her too, she is
untopped like #1. Little bit sturdier than 1 and 2. Same odor.
Day 29

Sour Diesel #4 Similar to #3 a little darker in color. I guess the
didn't turn out. Like I said not going back in.

Next up East Coast Cookies and the wrap up.

W

WeetisPotPie

Flowering update part 3 day 36(29)

Flowering update part 3 day 36(29)

The East Coast Cookies. 2 are the same and 1 is shorter in stature.
All are really sturdy, big stalks. No smell as of yet.

ECC#1: Very stretchy, tall plant. She has grown past the light. Think
I should have topped all these too. Oh well.

ECC#2: This is the shorter girl. Here stem is coated with crystals.
Really thick too.

ECC#3: This is one of the twins. The nicer of the 2. A little more
stretch than 2. Really thick stalks. Can't wait for them to really
flower.

ECC#4: Runty and the second twin. She is nice, hopefully she'll
fill out a little. She fell over so her top is a little twisted.

That's about it for this week. It's getting harder to even get in the
flowering room this run. This is about the week things start falling
over, hopefully I got em all tied up.
Happy blowing shit up day!!!!!!

W

WeetisPotPie

Smoke reports this weekend!!!!

Smoke reports this weekend!!!!

So the flowers have been curing for about a month, I guess I should
start some smoke reports and post some bud shots.
Tonight I will post pics and a smoke report of my stash weed.......
Starfighter x Stardawg and the low yielding Tangie 2 pheno!

W

WeetisPotPie

Smoke report Reserva Privada Tangie plant 2.

Smoke report Reserva Privada Tangie plant 2.

First smoke report. Thought I would do my wake and bake weed.
Reserva Privada Tangie plant #2. This was the lowest yielding of the 3
Tangie phenos. Also the stinkiest, stickiest and the buds were super
dense. The smell is burnt rubber, with undertones of orange and fresh
stepped in shit. In that order! Very unique. It's a very dense smoke,
inhale is burnt orange and sandlewood, the exhale starts with a rotten
orange peel taste, but soon takes on more earthy flavor. The high is
very up at first, spacey and heady, after 15 minutes or so I started to
really be able to focus. High lasted about 2 hours, didn't burn out or
get hungry, smoked it all day fishing no ceiling at all.
I didn't keep this pheno or any of the Tangies. This would be a keeper
if it had the yield, maybe got 2 ounces, average for the run was 4 per
plant. I may order seeds and try for a higher yielding version of this pheno.

W

WeetisPotPie

Smoke report GreenPoint seeds Starfighter x Stardawg.

Smoke report GreenPoint seeds Starfighter x Stardawg.

This is my second stash weed. Along with the Tangie #2 this is my
favorite. Out of 6 seeds she was the lone female. I am going to germ
the rest of the seeds before the year is out. She yielded average, 4
ounces a little more. The buds are in between dense and fluffy.
The smell is awesome, hard to describe it's a sweet cherry chemical
smell with a hint of muskiness. The smoke is very dense, almost never
get through a joint, half at most. On inhale it's tart, and earthy, the
exhale is very musky and like I said the smoke very heavy. It hits like
being smacked in the back of the neck. Losing track of time in the first
half hour is easy to do, smoking the rest of doobie only makes that
worse. A few times my wife has had to come get me cause I've come
down to the dungeon(basement) and taken a few hits and forgot
that I was cooking on the grill. The head high gradually changes to a
body high and couch lock will set in, smoke to much and you'll sleep
like a baby. Good pain meds.

W

WeetisPotPie

Smoke report Ripper Seeds Double Glock.

Smoke report Ripper Seeds Double Glock.

Here is a brief description of Double Glock from Rippers Seeds.
This potent 100% indica strain comes from the most remote Afghan
valleys, and we are now offering you an amazing selection of this
potent 100% indica strain that has everything you could hope
for.Stable, homogeneus, productive and with a marked indica
character in all its aspects facets that make it the most valuable
choice for your crop.

This indica has been especially chosen due to its low brain high and for
its powerful and sedative physical effect, making it a perfect choice for
therapeutic/medicinal uses.
A devastating effect that would not leave any Afghan lovers
indifferent.

I had 2 female plants. Plant 1 was bigger but both plants carried the
same traits in their flowers. Super stable for sure. The yield was
top notch, and the smell and taste are there, the smoke itself was
okay.
Smoke report:
The buds smell like epoxy resin with a hint of blueberry. Not a bad
smell at all. The buds themselves have great bag appeal, not dense
but not fluffy by any means. Smoked a joint this morning before
breakfast. On in hale there is a taste of pine and musk, not strong
at all, exhale is the same but a little blueberry in it, not much. The
high is unremarkable, it's a little more creeper, starts between your
eyes and the bridge of your nose and slowly creeps to your body.
Lasts about 45 minutes, no real burnout but not a real winner in my
book.

I've pretty much sold off all of this but the test smoke, people really
liked it, and it was easy to grow with great yields. I have a Northern
Lights that is very similar though so no reason to keep this strain.
Next up Nirvana Northern Light.

W

WeetisPotPie

Nirvana Northern Light Smoke Report

Nirvana Northern Light Smoke Report

Little late on these but I'm going to try and get the rest of the smoke
reports up by the end of this month. I know this wasn't technically
part of my pheno hunt but since it was in there and has been in my
garden for so many years I thought I would throw it in for the hell of
it.

Everyone knows the story of Northern Light or Lights. Back in the
burbs where I grew up in WA we heard the U of W research lab story,
google it, another urban myth. Anyway this is Nirvana's version. From
more than a decade ago.

The buds are dense and spongy really good yield, above average for
my garden, usually. The smell is like really ripe blueberries, one of the
best blueberry smells I've ever come across. Lots of great bag appeal.
The taste is nothing to talk about at all, almost no taste on inhale or
exhale. A little musky but that's it. The high is pure couch lock!
Smoke too much and you will wake up with zombie like munchies!
Very nice body high. I grew this strain for a long time, but there is
better out there these days so sadly I retired her. But for the price
she was by far the best investment I ever made.

Next up Fatty Bubba 2!

E

ej2012usa

SOMA SEEDS

SOMA SEEDS

This will be my first grow diary at icmag. I will do a little intro into my systems and how I grow and then the project at hand.

My garden:
Veg room is 4x7 and I run 2 400 watt mh.
I use 45 gallon tubs, with 6 sites in each tub dwc style with a pump spraying the 5 inch net pots. The pots are filled with hydro stones.

Flowering room is 7x7, 2 1000 watt hps and a 430 hps, I use blaze one ups rdwc system with very few mods, 15 site system.

For ferts I use veg+bloom for both cycles, in veg cycle I add hydro guard, for the flowering I add, +size and life.

My current strains are Ace seeds,China Yunan, Fatty Bubba, PCK and Benghi Haze, I also have an old Nirvan NL from my first grow ever, she doesn't taste great but her yield smell and potency are really nice so I have a hard time letting her go. I also a 2nd pheno of fatty bubba and PCK I haven't flowered out yet.

I'm not going to go to deep into my system and how I run it. I want this thread to focus more on the plants. If you want to ask me about my growing techniques(not that they are anything special) please just pm me.

OK, now the plan. I am looking to add some flavor and potency to my grow. I don't live in a place were clones are accessible so I use seeds to find what I like. Here are the genetics I'll be working with, please feel free to give advice on pheno types you've found or tried from these genetics. I didn't go with all one strain or breeder, I like to try a few seeds from many breeders instead of lots from 1 or 2. I'm not looking for keepers in from every strain just a few special ones. I also may keep some males from a few strains if they are worthy. I divided the strains into 3 flowering times, group A short-55-63 days, group B medium -63-70 days and the last group C 73 days and longer. I used breeder and net information for flowering times, so they are just a guess. I also WILL NOT kill any females in the veg stages, everything goes through the system at least once and gets tested before it is put down. I'm also not growing them in group order, I'm growing out the group B seeds first.

Genetics:
Group A-Next Gen Romulan(reg), HSO Emdog, Dinafem Blue Kush(freebie) and Dinfem Deep Cheese(freebie)

Group B-Ripper Double Glock, Hazeman 88G13/HP(reg), Loud Seeds Headband, RP Tangie and Greenpoints Starfighter/Stardawg(reg).

Group C-RD Ghost Train Haze#1, CG SSSDH, Loud Seeds Sour Diesel and Greenpoints Super Sour Fire OGxStardawg and Abusive KushxStardawg(both reg).

Seems like a lot but it really isn't. And I know some people may not agree with certain genetics I purchased, I know Romulan isn't anything close to the real stuff, but it is a strain I used to get when I lived in the PNW and have wanted for years so I said wtf. I would love to get elite clones but in my world it's not a reality, maybe someday when things are decriminalized......

So I've already popped batch B, 20 seeds total. 3 each of the Headband, Double Glock and Tangie, 5 88G13HP and 6 Starfighter/Stardawgs. All but one Headband has sprouted.
I also will be running....a mystery seed I found rolling around in a drawer!
I will post some pics once things get going a little bit, in the next 2 weeks. Please feel free to comment on any of the phenos you got while trying these genetics and how they grew and smoked for you. Pictures are welcome too.

Weetis
,,nice line of strains,,I know SOMA SEEDS have been getting lots of negative feed back,,but,,99% of it is not true,,check out his seeds in my album, outdoor the quality is amazing,,every detail soma describes about his seeds are true,,these were all purchase in 2015,, New batch of seeds,,enjoy,,HAPPY GROWING..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts