What's new

New study about polyploid

NEGT1

Sorry to be a dick but... This seems like a rehash of some dead end stoner experiments done in the past combined with some information you could pull out of a genetics 101 textbook.

Thought this was a "new study"...

Welcome to cannabis genealogy and biology. All cannabis has, at best, are 101 level books.

Sorry to be a dick but... This seems like a rehash of some dead end stoner experiments done in the past combined with some information you could pull out of a genetics 101 textbook.

Thought this was a "new study"...

Well, after lot of research in old texts we only could find some info russian studies in industrial hemp, we couldnt find any good study made with high cannabinoid cannabis.

After doing lot of research we found more myths than science. So we decided to test ourselves.

if you know any complete study on polyploid marijuana please share it with us, will be good to add it to this post.

BuddhaSeeds

Hello everyone

More pictures of our triploids plants in bloom period

WboM9ZI.jpg

kmonvyM.jpg

ofkRA8P.jpg

eNglSzF.jpg

DaYhYBY.jpg

Last edited:

mukuku

do you really think, folks, that genetic will improve your addiction ? is this the good question ?

I think you may change cannabis genetic to a state that after smoking you can ears voices in your head and feel living on a dragon cell and fly into cosmos and time...

YES you just create Psilocybe mushroom !!!

I love you

Last edited:
I was not 100% sure the Pink Kush tetraploid clones I bought were tetraploid but after reading though this thread I see they are identical to the Buddha tetraploid even in appearance so I found this thread really interesting as well as entertaining. My Pink Kush tetraploid looks identical to the side by side pic you posted 2n - 4n. I'm quite sure they are different strains after all your a long way from where I live but this Pink Kush does not seem to be just another ordinary weed to me it's quite strong and even gets trippy but is it because it's a tetraploid or is it because it just originated from a good strain. I tried to trace back the origins of this Pink Kush tetraploid because I wanted to know what strains make it up ? I ran into a problem I traced it back to a certain biker gang and gave up, fuck it I'm not going to go to the club house and start asking questions. My Pink Kush tetraploid when making S1 seeds produce ordinary sized seeds - small sized seeds, when out crossed to a different strain I get Jurasic Park like seeds big twice the size of the pure S1 pink seeds. Also a couple things you may be able to explain is as an S1 plant they grow slower than a normal growth rate, why ? now the really odd thing that has me baffled is this the Pink Kush tetraploid grows slowly into a more of a short bushy plant with nice sized chunky buds and like I said is small - medium boned plant BUT. If you cross the Pink Kush tetraploid with another strain and get 3n hybrids, that changes everything, the 3n plants both times I made them did not resemble the original Pink Kush tetraploid at all. The 3n plants are big boned plants that grow at least at a normal growth rate but bigger boned than either parent and the last out cross I tried was a tall plant that grows straight up tall and narrow width, any idea why the huge difference in the F1 plants ?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
@Cannabacca: Just by comparing pictures of your plant with Buddha's doesn't mean anything. At least, you would look at it under the microscope (e.g. stomata) but to be sure you will have to count chromosomes. For your purpose, this doesn't necessarily need to be super accurate, just a simple staining for example with orcein-acetic acid suffices if you have a good microscope. Works best with young root tips due lacking 'colours' and there's a ton of simple protocols out there (though with onions). Do that with a normal 2n plant in parallel to compare.
Everything else you describe isn't pointing in a 4n direction but simply an inbred plant exhibiting good hybrid vigour when outcrossed ;) .

Sorry guy's I don't own a scanning electron microscope and if I did I wouldn't know how to use it. I bought this cut which was sold as Pink Kush tetraploid because I was interested in buying a high potency strain which it is, my guess is it is related to UBC Chemo. Also the fellow I bought this from has been into tetraploid plants long long before Buddha began their own experiments with tetraploid's. My cut is identical in every way to what Buddha pointed out as tetraploid traits I'm happy with the plant with the exception of the fact it grows slower than a normal plant.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Sorry guy's I don't own a scanning electron microscope...
My cut is identical in every way to what Buddha pointed out as tetraploid traits I'm happy with the plant with the exception of the fact it grows slower than a normal plant.
WTF! You just need a simple microscope preferably a binocular with 1'000 x optical magnification and USB adapter. Goes for $ 200-300 from what I've seen on Ebay.
The traits you mean are very common in many plants, the traits rather specific (but still not exclusive) for polyploids are only visible under the microscope or a good camera ;) . If you have triploid offspring, use that one and the diploid parent as comparison! It isn't that difficult...
That it grows slow is merely an indication for inbreeding and is supported by it being an S1 and cultivated for quite some time.

ahortator

Veteran
Hi

Thanks for this interesting thread. I have never seen polyploids Cannabis before.

I presume you have used feminised seeds for making the polyploids. But I was wondering what would happen about the sex if you have males and females polyploids. From XX and XY, females, and males, you must manage with XXXX, XXYY, XXXY,... plants, some of them perhaps would carry staminate and pistillate flowers in the same plant.

A clone of the sterile tetraploid would be interesting for people growing outdoors where huge amounts of flying pollen seed their crops. Sinsemilla assured!

Best regards.

wkoots

buddah seeds you might want to check out billy bud in bc Canada he has polyploidy clones and triploid seeds aka terminator seeds he is a bit of a ? but worth looking up

I bought tetraploids from Billy he is a bit of a mad scientist a little kooky but the Pink Kush tetraploids are really excellent smoke. I believe when the MJ laws were about to change he pushed the Pink mothers in Vancouver through a wood chipper but you may be able to get Pink Kush tetraploids from his Toronto clone people. The Pink Kush tetraploids seem to be a little genetically fucked up I made a few feminized seeds which I popped about 7 weeks ago or so on the window sill but the hours of daylight being short they went into flower mode right away so I moved them to where they get light 24/7. The Pink tetraploids grow real slow and low they are more like a light to medium frame bush with some what droopy leaves they look a little off genetically. BUT the odd thing about these tetraploid pinks is the few times I crossed it with a diploid it is like unzipping a compressed computer file the resulting offspring don't really resemble the tetraploid Pink Kush what so ever the offspring for the most part are big boned grow tall rather than bush style at a normal pace. My idea was to use the Pink Kush tetraploid which is trippy and quite strong to shorten the height of the plant while adding potency to my other strains and at the same time taming down the tetraploid Pink Kush. My other strains are indica dominant and tamed the high down a little to much when crossed with Pink Kush, the high tends to be pretty standard steady rise and slow fall. BUT the pure tetraploid Pink is a little longer lasting but also a bit of a roller coaster ride the high can change on the fly it can seem like it is starting to fade then ramp up again out of the blue a couple times. Billy said he is working on another tetraploid strain but I don't know how that is going, anyway this turned out to be fun and interesting to grow produces great smoke but again it grows slow although it produces nice chunky buds in 8 wks.

BuddhaSeeds

Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry for not be updated the content of our study of the polyploidy, but it is that we had a change in our research team. Now, we have an agronomist with over 15 years of experience that will allow us to make a leap in our research on polyploidy.

The photos that you see below are the result of our first work with autoflowering plants on the grounds of polyploidy. Our growers have versioning them as triploids (3n) and tetraploids (4n) crossing it with regular plants for one of its objectives, the obtaining of seeds. As a project for the future we will discuss with our gas chromatograph. You can see the seeds in the images below.

Pictures of our triploid plants (3n)

rxvRyUi.jpg

SGpMesO.jpg

hcmCiyP.jpg

mcM3g5E.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting thread, Buddha is getting *almost* the same results as Billy Budds but something seems a little off, the tetraploid Pink Kush I bought from Billy is supposed to be 4n it has every single trait you showed us earlier in the thread in fact in the one pic you couldn't tell the difference between your tetraploid and Billy's if you put them side by side. I did happen to come across comments from a plant genetisist I believe his name was Wenke or something like that, anyway his comments were that the 3n would not be as strong as 4n why I have no clue. Billy claims to have now made a 6n plant he called Sequoia which he also claims is the worlds strongest weed. I can tell you the tetraploid Pink Kush is some strong and trippy weed the more you smoke the wilder the ride the Sequoia 6n would be interesting to smoke but not to much, if it is indeed stronger like he says than the Pink Kush. Where the main difference is between the Buddha tetraploids and Billy's is the growth rate, Bill's Pink Kush seems to grow at about 60% the normal rate and the 6n Sequoia even slower. The 4n Pink Kush genetics are a bit of a mystery they seem very different than regular plants, when you cross this 4n plant with other strains the resulting f1 plants grow at about the normal rate but they are big boned and tend to have stems more hollow than usual, nothing like the Pink Kush parent in fact if you put them side by side you would never know the Pink Kush was the parent. Also I doubt very much that creating these mutant plants is increasing the THC content of the plant otherwise resin would be dripping off the flowers any increase in potency has to be due to an increase in the other substances the plant makes. Interestingly these Polyploids do not look like they would be for commercial indoor growers but actually do quite well outdoors in a hot dry climate, my neighbour grew one out in his back yard the thing produced good sized potent buds as good as any indoor but remained about 4-5' tall in a moderately long season. I will try to get the time to post a couple pic's this afternoon of a small S1 I'm growing out right now, like I said the genetics of this plant seem really different kind of genetically fucked up by the chemical treatment of the seeds but thats what makes it interesting and fun to grow.

If you can see the pic's the one with the beer can beside the plant is of a plant that was topped it is about 2 1/2 months old still small, like I said they grow slow ! Another pic shows some leaves don't quite look like marijuana leaves they have a single blade with not a lot of serating on the edge and if you can make it out the one leaf is missing the small blade that should be opposite, it's typical to look the plants over and see anomalies my thought on the anomalies is the genetics get damaged when you try to induce polyploidism with chemicals. The plants are fun and interesting to grow because they are unusual a bit of a change from the same old same old, the smoke seems to be strong and trippy that makes for a special stash for when friends come over apparently bud sells for near double if you do your part on the growing end, flower time about 8 weeks but I don't think this will ever be workable for commercial people unless you can over come the slow growth rate. Again I'm far from an expert but these plants push out just average amounts of chrystal but seem to have extra kick ? so I'm thinking its not extra THC but possibly an increase in some other canabinoid possibly. The Buddha people went a bit of a different route and got some what different results as far as the growth rate goes which is a little supprising since Billy created a Hexaploid which grows even more painfully slow. Good Luck Buddha at the very least you should have some fun and enjoyment with your project.

BuddhaSeeds

We have seen no appreciable difference with the normal plants,just seems the fertility is more in the 4n plants than in the 3n, but the 3n have seeds.

in a week or so we will cut them and be 100% sure

Growth rate seems normal, the most disappointing thing is everything seems normal.

Buckowens

Have you done any nutritive testing?
There could be some interesting developments in how the plants absorb nutrients, no?

Latest posts

Latest posts