What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Star

Veteran
greetings fellow growers.
i have these African ladies growing and am trying to identify the strain.
seeds were collected in Equatorial Guinea.
smell is hard to describe, but the high is very easy to describe: one way trip to the moon, lasting long hours, hurts your face after a while because of the constant smile it causes.
i have looked through most of this incredible thread and have failed to find even one strain that has those bubbles at the nodes.
am hoping that one of you have seen this before, but am also secretly hoping you haven't, making it even more special.
thanks in advance.

View attachment 309484

View attachment 309485

View attachment 309486

Interesting plant Verticalioso,like how you explain effects..thats a stuff i searching for but cant found in modern genetics.

All the best

DS

Snype

Veteran
Mass Electric #1 ([(Original Haze x NL5) x (Skunk1 x Columbian Gold)] x Silver Pearl) - 81 Days Flower
Smells like Haze. Very potent and lasts at least 2 hours. The seed stock was from 1998 but the work was done well before that. The best bud that I've ever smoked in my life came from this stock of seed grown by an old friend of mine who created it.
picture.php
picture.php

verticalioso

strain identification required

strain identification required

i have a few shots of the last attempt to grow these equatorial ladies, maybe they will help with identification.

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05256.jpg

thanks in advance.

Really unusual plants, Verticalioso!
I'm betting you have a pure sativa landrace there and a rare one for sure.
I recall you said Guinea was the seed origin.Perhaps I'm mistaken. That would make sense by it's appearence. It could take many weeks to flower, perhaps as many as 14-20+. No one can say until you've followed through and shown us!
An amazing plant to have and evaluate. Hope you plan on sticking with this project! It would be a nail-biter to watch that's for sure. These ladies will be needing a lot of light to fill-out and finish.
Good work.

The Revolution

Veteran
i have a few shots of the last attempt to grow these equatorial ladies, maybe they will help with identification.

View attachment 309715

View attachment 309716

View attachment 309717

View attachment 309718

View attachment 309719

thanks in advance.

I remember seeing a plant very similar to this one on another forum years ago. I recall this regularly in my mind as it stood out as very different and wispy. I dont recall what the grower called it or where he obtained the seeds. Id love to find out what that is

onavelzy

Veteran

View attachment 309715

View attachment 309716

View attachment 309717

View attachment 309718

View attachment 309719

thanks in advance.

In these Sativa threads, I've seen pics of some strains that throw similar looking stringy or wispy phenos: Lambsbread, Dr. Grinspoon, Destroyer, Zamaldelica, so it may just be a Sativa strain pheno. Gonna be hard to pit it down on that alone.

the size is def more squat that most but that could be due to growing style/training, etc.

If you can't pin it down, and it's top shelf Sativa, have fun with it. I volunteer Pitcairn's Island, the Fletcher's Folly cut (PI FF). That will give folks something to hoo doo about

verticalioso

buddyboy1953, the seeds were obtained in equatorial Guinea, not Guinea, different country.
last attempt was made a few years back and at week 18 of flower she's wasn't ready yet but i had to take her down due to the growing space being compromised. i will take pictures regularly and hopefully in half a year or so it will be possible to identify by the bud pattern.

idiit

Veteran
afnewtest.gif

on the 'left' coast of africa at the equator you see equtorial guinea. going north along the coastline you see ghana and further up gambia/senagalese area.

cbg's ghana after a good cure smokes like verticaliso's description: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=257703

freaks, mustafunk and friends did a preservation run on gambia/casamance: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=239442

here are a couple pics. from my gambia/casamance (looks to be male #2) run in progress:

picture.php

picture.php

i smoke fan leaves sometimes as possible indication of bud potential. the fan leaves off the gambia/casamance male #1 were very potent, euphoric. both plants are males and i have saved pollen off the first male as it was non hermie, vigorous, very potent (fan leaf test) and euphoric. actually had an enjoyable evening off two bowls of fan leaf smoke (despite the chlorophyl taste :) ). not conclusive, just a preliminary test.

verticalioso, the ghana from canabiogen had a unique, delicious, wild spiciness to it. what was the taste and smoke aroma of your equatorial guinea like?

seems to me to be some strong similaraties to landrace strains obtained in geographical vicinity.

verticalioso

idiit, yours is the first reply that seems to point me in the right direction. Ghana is pretty far from where i got these seeds but i can see similarities in the grow pattern, mainly those "bubbles" at the lower nodes as seen in this picture.
guinea 2.jpg
as to the smell and taste, it has been many years since I've smoked it but I think spicy would be the closest description.
thank you very much. and last, can somebody explain to me how do i mark a post as useful like i see people do here?

verticalioso

and one more question while I'm at it.
a regular feeding chart for most fertilizers lasts 9 weeks, but when one grows an equatorial strain the flower time is much longer, double the time or even longer for some strains.
how do you adjust the feeding chart to fit the the landrace flower schedule?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
and one more question while I'm at it.
a regular feeding chart for most fertilizers lasts 9 weeks, but when one grows an equatorial strain the flower time is much longer, double the time or even longer for some strains.
how do you adjust the feeding chart to fit the the landrace flower schedule?

i don't ever follow the nute charts except the baseline formula, and adjust as needed from there. for you i would keep feeding a mild formula like they suggest for the weeks leading up till the flush. when most of the pistils have turned then start your flush.

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65808
hi Everybody on iCmag now own LBH section please come and stop by and if you had a grow of LBH gowing on ore had in it in the past please post some pictures it will help me in this section a lot to start things up there ore just come sey hi :tiphat:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65808

LBH Sour Diesel Haze are up
http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=5&b=374
get them while there hot

thanks

just wane share some older pictures of some LBH's (semi)Autoflowering Asian Haze's grown up Outdoors in far north latitude 60 by BadTicket
in this great sativa topic
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
picture.php

and some LBH's Blue Ruder Haze @ latitude north 62, eastern Finland grown by Suomi-Prkl
View Image

i cant wait to start the Outdoor haze grow this hear jummie

keep the Sativa pic coming guys

Peace LBH

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hey guys I am still alive . Just on a smart phone now so I don't post much. I just wanted to say hello and jump on he shanti bashing train. I bought several hundred dollars of mr nice seeds from the bou a few years ago and not a single seed popped. Last time I ever buy from them.

Madjag

Veteran
Hey Mo, whaddya know? When are we getting together to taalk about the state of the AZ scene.

So very interesting....

Siever

Veteran
Hey guys I am still alive . Just on a smart phone now so I don't post much. I just wanted to say hello and jump on he shanti bashing train. I bought several hundred dollars of mr nice seeds from the bou a few years ago and not a single seed popped. Last time I ever buy from them.

Glad to see that this swindlers mask falls off at last. If you know that a lot of people post on the net that Shanti is the best breeder and if you ain't grown his seeds you ain't seen nothing yet. He ripped me once, he won't rip me twice.
Peace out to the Shanti bashing train!

Siever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts