What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bonecarver_OG

herbalistic :D

i bet in the future we might all be growing with leds :Dnot dissing it - no way :D just brings back memories to the rave-era in the end off the 80's :D hehe

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Luang Prabang Laotian Landrace Sativa

Luang Prabang Laotian Landrace Sativa

Here's a few pics of my super lemon sherbet Laotian Luang Prabang sativa and she was the only fem not to turn ladyboy on me,plus she was/is the most resinous out of the other Laotian females i grew out.All the others got culled after 7-10 weeks bloom but i managed to finish my keeper after 15/16 weeks bloom but that's cut down to 12/13 weeks with cuttings.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

E

elmanito

This thread is a quite long time around on this forum but marvelous strains i've seen especially the Colombians.I haven't seen much Chinese on this thread and i think cause it is not well known to most people so here are some pics from sativa' s from the Yunnan region in South-West China.

A Spicy smelling resinious sativa in the greenhouse resembles to the Laotian sativa's as it count below for the sativa's outside

43876DSC00145.jpg

A Orange/Mandarin smelling sativa, extremely resistant against molds late maturing

picture.php

picture.php

Namaste :canabis:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Bone: I hear Ya!! :D Hope evrything is ok with you brothermang!

Marijuanamat.. Great that you find at least one keeper :yes: Were those pics taken just before harvest?

elmanito: Much respect towards you! Seems you Spanish guys know your sativa´s! So many great lines are being growed & preserved in Spain, so many!! Does that Yunnan sativa like indoor lights? Bet not, but you never know....

Been thinking about running a seedrun very soon, would love to pop more exotic sativa beans fo´shure. I have lost many of my keeper sat´s to LEO in a very little time :fsu:

Jones

marijuanamat:
Your Laotian looks excellent.
Reminds my very much of the Thai I grew.
Mine originated in Thailand (1996) near the Burmese border.
Budformation looks quite similar, even flowering times are a match.
Too bad all your other plants hermied.
My Thai was stable under normal conditions, but carried hermie traits into the next generation and into crosses.
This wasn't so much the case when using a Thai father for crosses.
Might be coincidence, though. Didn't grow enough plants for any useful statistical value.

Iirc this pic was taken at 9 weeks of 11/13.

picture.php

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

herbalistic - yeah man all good :D

enjoying and harvesting some nice ssh x lp :D very sativa leaning..

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah mat, I thought so after looking those buds & pistils.. Just made me thinking when you talked about flowering times! I should knew you know your sat´s mang :wink: Btw, anymore of those Malahazi beans left?? Reason I asked is because we lost the keeper one due to LEO accident :fsu: Seems they have been striking with full force against growers in Finland, every week you see 1 to couple little articles about grows been busted or hear from friends! However, just grow for personal consumption and keep your lips sealed will get you quite far + safe to grow that dopey!!

Jones: Nice Thai strain you had, anymore pics of her / the father you used??

Btw, just "harvested" second run with Neville´s Haze x Purp´s. Reason I wrote harvested was because it was straight from rooted clone run and a hermie sweetooth plant pollinated it at early to mid stage, so I decided to let it flower without much treat! Before this incident I was planning to dust it with Destroyer pollen, but everything doesnt always go as planned! It yielded about 8 grams of topshelf smoke, what a huge harvest :biglaugh: This time I let it flower for 77 days, but it could go week, or two longer! Effects from the 70 day sample were much, much stronger, than the previous harvest produced after 60 daze of flowering! Really diggin the smoke, much like NH smoke + I get some purple into it at this run :D

Take care sativa heads and keep em great pics comin!!! I took some pics of that NHpurps, but dont have a cable at this crib, so have post them other day...

Jones

Jones: Nice Thai strain you had, anymore pics of her / the father you used??

Herb, I have made non-digital pics of the 1st generation in 1997 but can't find them. Moved 2 times since then...
Never made pics of the father plants. Usually I super cropped the hell out of them to keep them short. Didn't look very nice when pollen was harvested.
I've found a pic of a plant that was flowered from seed and must have been a runt, because it's growth didn't explode right form the start, which was a good thing stretchwise. Usually internodes are 1' apart and the plants grow 3" or more/day. This one was 'only' 5' in the end.
Sorry for the pic quality, this was taken when 2mbit cameras were the top of the line and proper white balance was smth. you could only dream of.

... and some side nugget (I believe from the same plant as above)

Anyways, I haven't grown them for quite some time.
Every now and then I grow out a couple of C99xThai F3s looking for a good mate for the Pineapple Thai that I found in the F2s. But that seems to be a lifetime's work...

Last edited:
E

elmanito

Here is another strain 95% sativa which i grew 8 years ago.Its a multiple hybrid of Haze, KC33, Nepal sativa and Red Dawn.It starts to flower early July till end October.The strain has a good potency and is very resinous for a sativa.

picture.php

Jones

1000ARMSofKALI, elmanito
I wish I could grow plants like yours outside. Guess I have to move a few degrees south for that to come true...

Btw, elmanito, what is Red Dawn?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
herbalistic - yeah man all good :D enjoying and harvesting some nice ssh x lp :D very sativa leaning..

Thats nice to hear, wish I could enjoy of Spanish weather & nice bud :rolleyes: However, it could be possbile, very, very soon ;)

Jones: Thanks for the info! What a shame that those pics are lost! Were you happy with effects of thai plants got? Seems they are hybritized a bit, comparing them into classic thai´s :chin: And what a sexy big leaves she got´s :yummy: Truly foxy ladies :D

elmanito said:
Red Dawn is one of the parents of the strain Finola.Red Dawn origin is the Kirov region in Russia.Its an auto-flowering strain.

Interesting :chin: Finola is Finish breed of fiberhemp, cultivated for seeds & oil and off course the fiber. Also, known as "Fin-314".

Anyways................

Here´s some mature pics of Destroyer#2, Was root bounded badly, so the yield suffered, but smoke is top to the NOTCH!!

2 L bottle for size comparision
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a little preview of the Destroyer#1
picture.php

Jones

Elmanito, I'm at 52°N.
Main problem is we had way too long periods of rain in September and October of the last years. Greenhouse is no option due to security issues (neighbours).
Also not so easy to find good guerilla spots. Farmers, hikers, hunters, 'lumber jacks', off road bikers and what not almost everywhere I've looked last summer. Things been easier before I moved here.

Herb, it could very well be that my Thai was hybritized. I'm told pure 'old school' Thai flowers 24 weeks, even longer. So, I guess something was done to reduce the flowering time to 16 weeks.
Also my Thai's calyxes are smaller than those of MM's Laotian, which make the buds look less fluffy. Anyways, the plant in the pic isn't a very good representation of the strain.
If things work out the way I'd like them to, I'll do a Haze & Thai grow somewhen this year. Will post new pics when/if that happens.

As for the high, warm waves in the body, comfortable fuzzy feeling. Nothing hurts. Psychedelic in the head. Enhanced music and visuals. Auditory hallucinations, like door bells/phone ringing, sirens in the distance, music playing (mild paranoia?).
In high dose visual hallucinations with closed eyes.
Clear thoughts, but at times difficult to express them in a coherent manner.
I remember the onset being quite speedy, racing heart, jaw clenching and attacks of sweating. Mellows after a while into a comfortable, energetic high. Lasted pretty long approx. 3hrs before it starts to wear off.

Dude, your Destroyer looks so awesome.
Another strain for my to do list...
Are you gonna do a smoke report?

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Thanks for the taking the to reply Jones! It sounds like my kind of erb´:D Would love to have those effects!! Was there any ceiling to it, or could you smoke more & more and go higher & higher???

I consider those effects with 16 floweringtime very good and would grow & probably keep something like that for years!

Destroyer is very nice smoke, I smoke it on small doses to keep me activated, but blasted! I´ve been doing that smokereport for age´s, I quess I could put something together very soon :chin:

Well, here´s some pics of the NHpurp´s.............
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

+ couple "macro´s" of her nugs..
picture.php

picture.php

This is keeper-status smoke for sure, new favorite for this cannaseur + it´s selfmade :yes:

HindukushMaster

Thats nice to hear, wish I could enjoy of Spanish weather & nice bud :rolleyes: However, it could be possbile, very, very soon ;)

Jones: Thanks for the info! What a shame that those pics are lost! Were you happy with effects of thai plants got? Seems they are hybritized a bit, comparing them into classic thai´s :chin: And what a sexy big leaves she got´s :yummy: Truly foxy ladies :D

Interesting :chin: Finola is Finish breed of fiberhemp, cultivated for seeds & oil and off course the fiber. Also, known as "Fin-314".

Anyways................

Here´s some mature pics of Destroyer#2, Was root bounded badly, so the yield suffered, but smoke is top to the NOTCH!!

2 L bottle for size comparision
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a little preview of the Destroyer#1
picture.php

deamnnn now thats some sativa, that stuff must have u trippin:woohoo:

E

elmanito

Those sativa's look damn tasty!!!!

I hope you like purple, its always nice to have different pheno's like this one from the Yunnan region.This pheno smells like a Thai strain

picture.php

Highland Oaxacan, very resistant against molds

picture.php

Here is another pic of the Highland Oaxacan

picture.php

This is a Mexican sativa from Sensi, but very sensitive to molds

picture.php

This is an Yunnan sativa with some indica genes (not Dutch, 100% Chinese)

picture.php

A close-up of the female flower

picture.php

Gist

Hey everyone!

Nice to see the thread is going. Something about Destroyer, I've always wanted to try, just haven't gotten a chance yet. :(

elmanito! Those are some very beautiful plants you got shots of there, especially interesting that Highland Oaxacan. Nice.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.