What's new

post your dog or fav. dog breed

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Here's a pic of our Pom captaining his ship . . .

IMG_0248.jpg

Dive! Dive! Dive!

IMG_0245.jpg

Yeah, this is a more recent shot than earlier in this thread. Pretty sure she moved once or twice since . . .

IMG_0368.jpg

:biggrin:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Affenpinschers

affen in german means monkey,, they are proper little ratting terriers that go back as far as anyone knows to the 1500's based off old oil paintings but they are probably alot older in one form or another,,

terrier for those that dont know stems from "terra" - Earth,, so terriers hunt/bait any animals that are ground dwelling...

Affenpinschers use their paws like human hands to clench their toys which they all seem to retrieve instinctively, will run on three legs so they can pin a mouse with a swift strong paw which is their trademark karate move against each other as well,, they guard property like hawks, but are very small so obviously could only be watchdogs with back up. incredibly nosey and curious dogs, in many ways they are more like cats.. affies are often funny as hell(or funnier, is hell funny?) and one of the cleverest breeds, way more intelligent than the Ewoks they resemble :D

rare to get good ones by really good breeders and they are one of many breeds that really may not have that much of a future sadly..

Jack Russell Terriers---now and forever.

killing ballons
[youtubeif]HQasku5roQk[/youtubeif]

racing
[youtubeif]5Riruj1Olx4[/youtubeif]

just being evil
[youtubeif]G5xQDKCKtqY[/youtubeif]

Last edited by a moderator:

catalyte

Veteran
i am looking for a Dog in the next couple months!! Never owned one but have been around them my whole life. My folks and grand folks always had more than one living with them back in the day...

anyway, i'm looking for some help in finding a breed that suits me. First off i want a large dog cause cause i like large dogs, secondly i need a breed that's got a good temperament and good nature. Thirdly i am looking to have my dog live with me indoors so i would optimally like a short hair breed just so there aint hair all over my stuff and buds!!!

I really like ABPT's and but unfortunately can't own them in my area due to stupid laws...

what breeds are similar and related to American Pit Bull Terriers Or Staffordshire lines?

Any help from you dog people is greatly appreciated!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

MJBadger

Veteran
What about an American Bulldog ? . Good size but manageable , short haired , good size head with a lot of bull terrier look to them . ie; head/chest with the muscle .

As for tempermant & nature you can find good & bad in any breed . You do not say wether your thinking on a rescue which may be a bit older or a puppy/young un .

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

a boxer might suit your desires, very family oriented, nice size & short hair and I've never heard of boxers being included in any breed banning.......

catalyte

Veteran
thnx for the replies.

Looking into both those breeds...interested in American Bulldogs atm...

by the way i'm looking to get a puppy from a reputable dealer just so i can have a better bond and have training down from a young age with the pup! :yes:

G

Guest 349079

alright folks here is a pic of my staffordshire bull terrier he is a fit dog
not a fat dog...