What's new

Nirvana Blue Mystic from seed - C22 cab

Hi all :wave: I received 10 mystic beans some while back from seeds direct. Here's what I'm using so far equip wise:

400watt MH Sunsystem lamp w/SunAgro Gold S-Hor bulb
GH (Micro,Grow,Bloom) (pH up & down)
GH Kool Bloom
SeaBlast
Protekt Silicon supplement
pH test kit
Truncheon TDS meter
Homemade bubbler buckets
C22 Cabinet w/ passive intake and two speed fan for exhaust
Mylar

I started out growing 5 of the 10 a few months ago...

349690504_blue_mystic_seeds-thumb.JPG

I'm using a homemade bubbler that holds 5 plants. All of the first five beans planted turned out males, here's what they looked like before they were cut.

3496101504_mystics_1-5-2-thumb.JPG

I still had five more beans to try... Here's a shot of them presoaking in a clean shot glass... I do this for 12-48 hours in a dark place until they start to pop, I've had 100% germ rates this way so far.

3496102204_mystic_seeds-thumb.JPG

They've been in flower for 7 days now and just yesterday I discovered that I had one lone female outta the bunch... Thankfully I got one whew :chin: A pic of them before removing the males yesterday.

3496112504_mystic_6-10-2_small-thumb.jpg

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 7/56 Flower

Temp-78Fmax,66Fmin
RH-50%max,30%min
TDS-910ppm/13cf/1.3ec
pH-5.8

I'm gonna take some clones to keep this strain around for awhile. I dumped the veg nutes yesterday(side note: this morning TDS were 1120ppm down from yesterday and pH was up to 6.5.) and gave her a little flush. I also raised the light after adding the new nute solution. This is what I added to the res:

5ml/gal Micro
7.5ml/gal Bloom
2.5ml/gal Grow
2.5ml/gal Silicon
1.25ml/gal pHdown

3496120504_mystic_7_female-thumb.jpg

3496120604_mystic_7_close-thumb.jpg

3496120604_mystic_7-thumb.jpg

deZerTomB

bummer about the ratios, but it looks like you're making the best of it. Blue mystic is a good cure for social anxiety, at least what i grew a while back.

Hey there...

Hey there...

deZerTomB, thanks for the stop :wave: I figured that blue mystic would be similar to blueberry, and the blueberry was great for many of my symptoms. It's nice there are so many dif strains out there to try, seems like endless possibilities almost :D My mystic is still in the stretch phase but not to long and we'll be seeing some buds on her :joint:

kim smith

Hey Budmaster I just finished drying mine and its a nice smoke, but man does it stink up the house in flower so try and get something to hide it lol.Nice plant I grew mine in soil it does well and easy to grow

Welcome to my grow.....

Welcome to my grow.....

kim smith, Hi there nice to meet ya :wave: I've heard it ranks as one of the strongest smelling :canabis: Well I've got me a homemade carbon filter just for that purpose in case I need it, and I prob will. Here's a pic of it being used a few months ago :chin: :joint:

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 8/56 Flower

Temp-84max,70min
RH-79%max,35%min
TDS-910ppm/13cf/1.3ec
pH-6.0

I raised the light once again today. She is 17" now and still growin strong. The pH had risen since yesterday to 6.5 so I lowered it back to 6.0. I also added 5ml/gal Seablast to the res today. I was able to get some better pics of the hairs also. :wave: :joint:

3496120704_mystic_7_hairs_2.jpg

G

Man 1 female out of 10, bad luck on the ratio's Bud.
I only got one girl in my last run also.

You cloning at all?
Sweet looking set up and nice pics.

Cheers,
Leeroy

Thanks...

Thanks...

Leeroy&Co, Hey whats up :wave: Thanks for the compliments... it's just a starter setup until I move into a bigger place in a few months. :joint: I was real upset with the ratio myself. :wave: :joint:

I have recently placed my order from seeds direct.... Mazar and Shaman from dutch passion standard is what I ordered. We'll see what kinda ratio I'll get form those... hopefully better :whip: :chin:

Hey Budmaster sorry about all your males. I also had a high ratio of males w/ blue mystic. I do have a nice mom now from a good smelling pheno.I had 2 females and only one had a strong berry smell. I do like the smell though. I have a few clones in veg right now that already stink.The mom has been in veg for a little over 3 months and is really stinky.

Keep us updated I am anxious to see how they turn out.

Good Luck!

Hey there....

Hey there....

flipmastermike, thanks for swingin by the grow :wave: Sounds like ppl have a bad female ratio with the blue mystic. I plan on clonin her in the next few days to use as a mother in the future. I'll be moving right after the harvest so that'll be real fun :joint: I'll try to keep everyone updated daily if I can. :joint: Nice avatar btw :wave:

kim smith

home made carbon filter

home made carbon filter

hey budmaster you will have to let me know how it works out for the smell because these plants sure do smell (in a good way though lol) you will get some nice bud off those ladies. I got 3 out of 10 beans were ladies. :canabis:

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic - Day 9/56 Flower

Temp-84Fmax,70Fmin
RH-70%,35%
TDS-910ppm/13cf/1.3ec
pH-6.0

Blue Mystic - Day 10/56 Flower
Temp-84Fmax,69Fmin
TDS-910ppm/13cf/1.3ec
pH-5.8

kim smith, I actually used it in a bagseed grow sometime back and it worked rather well, so we'll see how it performs this time. It's kinda funny cause when I bought the blue mystic the site said it had a low smell but after doing research I've found it's one of the strongest smelling :rolleyes:

mr.propper, glad you got one female outta that batch :wave: Welcome to the grow show :joint: I hope mine is a blue pheno but I guess only time will tell. :canabis:

I've been raising the light slightly everyday since she's still stretchin her limbs :joint: The pH had risen yesterday from 5.8 to 6.2 so I lowered back to 5.8. She's drank about 1/2 gallon in the last 3 days and TDS remains steady :D As many of you may know the white strains have a low nute tolerance, and the mystic is a white strain... I'm glad she's able to take the nutes this high so far but let's hope she will get more of an appetite soon :whip: Hairs are becoming more abundant now and she smells kinda skunky so far :wave: :joint:

3496120904_mystic_7-3.jpg

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow one girl

wow one girl

pretty rough numbers there budmaster..I see your a local ... I like to run a good seed grow myself .. but with ratios like that it would seem that a trip to the bay area to pick up some clones at one of our great med clubs would give you a good group of strains to choose from and really save a huge amount of time. At 10 bucks a clone you sure cant beat it .All the while being able to keep the seed grow going... just a thought :)

Blue Mystic from seed

Blue Mystic from seed

(YESTERDAY)
Blue Mystic - Day 12/56 Flower

Temp-80Fmax,68Fmin
RH-61%max,40%min
TDS-910ppm/13cf/1.3ec
pH-6.0

:wave: My green lady is doing real good so far :D I took two clones from her earlier today. The resevior is now one gallon low since filled up and the TDS is still steady at 910ppm. I'll prob be toping off tomorrow... She's really pumping out the hairs now. :joint:

Blue Mystic - Day 13/56 Flower

Temp-78Fmax,70Fmin
RH-40%max,34%min
TDS-840ppm/12cf/1.2ec
pH-6.2

Babbabud, Thanks for the info... I actually had thought about taking a trip down but it's quite a drive and I just don't have the funds to do so at the time with x-mas coming and all :canabis: But it's great to have that option def :wave:

Today I added a gallon of freshwater topoff to the res... the TDS were at 980ppm before topoff and afterwards 840ppm. I had to raise the lamp up a few more inches today... she's now 19.5" tall, so far so good took some clones today also. :joint:

Blue Mystic - Day 14/56 Flower

Temp-78Fmax,63Fmin
RH-70%max, 37%min
TDS-840ppm/12cf/1.2ec
pH-6.0

The lone lady mystic is now 20" tall and she's growing many nice looking budsites for me :D I am very impressed with the overall look of her, she looks like a talented lady :wink: hope she puts out well :biglaugh: You may notice that the temps got colder last night than on average... I tried an experiment of keeping the intake vent slightly open to let in more cool air during the night cycle, I was trying to see if this would lower the humidity but it really didn't make a difference since it was damp and rained somewhat last night :rolleyes: