What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st grow closet 250w cfl

redeye1

Hello all im new to the forums also new to the grow, just here to build on my knowlage and maybe help others in the future, im currently 5 weeks into veg 20hrs on 4 off in a fairly sized closet and ready to switch to 12/12 for flowering, i curently have 10 plants under a 250w 6400k envirolite and have a 250w 2700k that i was intending to switch to for flowering but ive been told i can keep the 6400 and add the 2700 to my grow room? Will this work i will i just end up with half a good crop and half a bad one?
any input would be much apprieciated thanks.

Hawk

any pics of your plants/setup?

about the lights: I'd think, the more light the better (within limits) even if the added light is not in the optimal spectrum.

V

Voodoo

Hello all im new to the forums also new to the grow, just here to build on my knowlage and maybe help others in the future, im currently 5 weeks into veg 20hrs on 4 off in a fairly sized closet and ready to switch to 12/12 for flowering, i curently have 10 plants under a 250w 6400k envirolite and have a 250w 2700k that i was intending to switch to for flowering but ive been told i can keep the 6400 and add the 2700 to my grow room? Will this work i will i just end up with half a good crop and half a bad one?
any input would be much apprieciated thanks.

These rules are for CFLs but should work for your mega CFL.

Short plants - 6500k / 5000k (blue light squats em)

Taller plants - 2700k / 3500k (red light stretches em)

Its best to mix spectrums in both flower and veg, I find in flowering the bluer spectrums seem to produce more trichomes but the redder spectrums produce slightly larger calyxes. Well see if that rule holds true with other growers.

Doesnt matter where or what they are. I personally run 7 26w CFLs for veg in a 3x3 space. Its a slower veg, but I only flower 6 at a time. If you want a faster veg, double that number.

Flowering in a 3x3 space is 16 CFLs. Keep them about 1-4 inches over the plants as they will become more or less useless past 5 inches for flower.

Current flowering intensity with 16 isn't bad. Heres a shot of some sour diesel at 21 days under CFL for comparison. I'd say its the same development level as any HPS setup Ive seen.

100_1765.jpg

redeye1

Thanks for the replys

will post some pics as soon as i get a decent camera, that sour diesel looks great for 21 days i wish i could train that well, ive had to remove two plants from my grow as they may be male but ive still got chronic, cheese wreck and a unknown breed, maybe some one can help me identify the unknown when i get some pics, great tip with the spectrums thanks for that i was wondering why they wher all so short and ive decided to veg for just a little longer under both spectrums (500w) as ive only used about 4ft of the 10 availible.

Gazoo31

These rules are for CFLs but should work for your mega CFL.

Short plants - 6500k / 5000k (blue light squats em)

Taller plants - 2700k / 3500k (red light stretches em)

Its best to mix spectrums in both flower and veg, I find in flowering the bluer spectrums seem to produce more trichomes but the redder spectrums produce slightly larger calyxes. Well see if that rule holds true with other growers.

Man I thought I was the only one that noticed increased trich production with the 6500k, there really is a difference.

redeye1

Time to get this going, i have now got rid of the last crop as it was not looking good, i had a couple of male plants in there so i chopped the lot, Now im gonna do it the best way ive been told, I managed to get hold of some more cuttings and im sticking with chronic and cheese wreck, not growing from seeds ever again, unless i try an outdoor grow in the summer, this is a closet grow under 2 250 enviros 2700k, got 5 chronic and 5 cheese wreck, i veged for 2 weeks and now im 1 week in to flower in 4 gal pots i think and im using terra max and will be using bloombastic soon as recomended by some one, will upload some pics wen i figure it out.

redeye1

just some more pics day 12 flower, would you all say they are doing well

Attachments

• DSC00973.jpg
    DSC00973.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00970.jpg
    DSC00970.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 7

redeye1

more pics

Attachments

• DSC00970.jpg
    DSC00970.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00972.jpg
    DSC00972.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00974.jpg
    DSC00974.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00975.jpg
    DSC00975.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 7

redeye1

looking bomb, check out my dual 300w 2700k cfl grow
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161989

Thats a nice little grow you got going there the OG looks nice, i had a nice little harvest no long ago 6oz of chronic but it was with a buddy but it was still rewarding, this time im going it alone to see if i can pull off the same results, im only aiming for an oz a plant but ten should last me thru the summer (maybe). The biggest pain i found was drying naturaly, took almost a week, might dry with a de-humidifier next time.

redeye1

And a little trick ive found to solve heat problems in a closet grow is to line the walls with foil, if you face it the dull side out it still reflects light but absorbs some of the heat too, took the temps from 110 F down to 90 F, dont know if anyone has ever noticed this before.

redeye1

Hi i noticed lots of little specs on the leaves wen i watered yesterday, just wondering if its anything to worry about thanks

D

dxs420

Probably nothing to worry about for now, hard to determine if it's a nute deficiency or how the plant is reacting to the flowering stage.

You may want to consider a fertilizer with some nitrogen if you see too many leaves turning yellow.

Provide some more detail about the light cycle and what has changed recently and you may get a more educated response.

redeye1

sorry for the neglect to this thread, the spots where nothing to worry about all the big leaves have fallen off now just left wit the buds, 3 weeks left of flower and looking good, train wreck looks almost ready to chop the chronic smells delicous and the unknowns have been identified as cheese, will try an post some more pics soon.

were the spots on the big leaves & then they fell off?? a pic of these spots would help. a pic of the entire plant rite now would be great. hope all goes well. gl man. enjoy your labors. possssst picccccs!

redeye1

thanks, ive had a small problem with mites but is under controll now, the spots apeared just after i put them into flower but the smaller leaf around the bud is nice and green, it isnt the best crop ive seen but its ok, can any body tell me the best way to post pics on here ive got some ready.

thanks

reckon

thanks, ive had a small problem with mites but is under controll now, the spots apeared just after i put them into flower but the smaller leaf around the bud is nice and green, it isnt the best crop ive seen but its ok, can any body tell me the best way to post pics on here ive got some ready.

thanks

I use photobucket (www.photobucket.com), upload your pics there, then copy the "" line, and paste that into the post.

or you can upload directly from your HDD,...scroll down and look for the "manage attatchments" button, and browse,...you are restricted in file size with a direct upload, but the max sizes are posted in the "manage attachments" applet, and you can reduce the file size with any image editing software, like GIMP, or PhotoShop.