What's new

Small Waterfarm Grow

S

stretchpuppy

I've been a long time smoker but this is my first grow. I live in a small space so I put together a C13 cabinet with a 400w light and some waterfarms. Bottoms of the farms were drilled out and an airstone added to each.

I'm starting with Top 44 (for no other reason than the 44 day flower sold me and I'm anxious) and I know now from more research they go longer than 44 days. :)

I just kind of went right into this grow with no system and wound up with 7 out of 10 being germed in rapid rooters and going straight into the waterfarms, 3x2x2. I hope to have 1 female in each before flowering... possibly add a scrog.

I gave them their first dose of nutes last night (15 days old) using a 50% Lucas Veg formula, and 20ml of cannazyme per waterfarm. Looking pretty good today...

G

:yes: Good Luck! Looks like the start of a killer diary/documentation thread on your first grow! You'll get a kick outta looking at this 10-15 grows down the road! :D Looking forward to the Harvest report!

Thanks for Sharing & Be Safe! :wave:

G

Check out the Gen Hydro nutes thread for some more info on the Lucas formula and how I use it.

Good luck!

dubmantx

Whats up man. Im about to help my friend build a cabinet out of a c22 or c13 not sure yet but with a 400w HPS. How big is the blower you used? Ive got my eye on a decent priced 270ish CFM blower but I was wondering since your using the smaller cab what kind of ventilation it requires.
Good luck with the waterfarms. Ive heard they work well but Im a soil grower.

S

stretchpuppy

Thanks everybody :woohoo:

dubmax I use a 175CFM 4" Vortex and it moves a ton of air through the cab. The vacum it creates moves the air enough to seal the doors shut even though it's pulling from the air-cooled hood first. I used an 8x8 darkroom vent for passive intake. Temps are around 75 and even lower in the mornings.

Last edited:

dubmantx

Awsome just the info I was looking for stretchpuppy! A darkroom vent eh. Thats a great idea but where do you find one of those things? I was going to just try to use PVC bends but the darkroom vent sounds like less hassle, and like it would work better.

Glad everything is going good on your grow!

S

stretchpuppy

It's been 31 days of veg and I'm down to 2 ladies in the farms. Most started showing sex at about 25 days but it took me a few extra to figure out who was who for my first time around. :) I'm going to veg a little longer as I attempted a FIM on the larger plant, and I'm looking into ideas for a scrog on the buckets. Flowering should start within 2 weeks.

Sleepy

Veteran
nice 1s!!!

are these the Nirvana Top 44??

nice setup, too!!

you'll be real happy that you added the airstones.

S

stretchpuppy

Hey Sleepy... yeah they are Top 44. Figured I'd go cheap on my first time around. Turns out I have one sativa dom and one indica dom plant to flower. The attempted FIM turned out to be a regular topping, no big deal.

I'm into the first week of flowering still using the MH so try and keep things on the bushy side... I have a hortilux HPS to be installed over the weekend or so.

I added some Floralicious Bloom to my standard Lucas Mix, and boy does that shit stink up my room. :)

G

Hey mang!
Waterfarm grows are never that small :yoinks:
Looks like a nice set up
And Top44 is a great strain. Not the most potent one, but easy to grow and pretty as heck.
I like it :yummy:

:woohoo:

HappyHemphog

It may start small, but WaterFarms have a habit of reproducing into multiple unit's requiring a rez.. :wink:

I started with a borrowed single waterfarm and now I have 20 of them cooking! That first unit had a bunch of different strains in one unit, which is usually a no-no, but I was looking to grab a mother cutting. That first grow still produced some monster buds. :canabis:

Make sure you check out threads that discuss the various modifications needed to get optimum performance from WaterFarms.

Happy Growing!
Hempy

S

stretchpuppy

Nice BadTicket! I'd be more than happy if I turned out with a few of those... :joint:

HappyHempdog haha I hear ya. I have 3 now, and I'm already planning how I'm going to set up 4 with a controller under a bigger light... :) Very nice looking garden.

The first week of flowering is over. I'm really learning to be patient. :yummy: Plants are looking nice. I've been running PPMs around 600 and I'm bumping up to around 900 this weekend with a flush. I'm using Lucas w/ FLB and cannazym. I've also been tucking the fan leaves on the shorter plant into herself.

I've always read online that the MH is warmer than the HPS. My cab temps def. jumped 5-10 degrees after putting in the HPS.

Last edited:
S

stretchpuppy

One of these plants is def. a quick finisher. Loaded with crystals at about 35 days and developing a lot quicker than her sister.

S

stretchpuppy

thanks nycn... a little too long on the veg my first time around :)

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
that is an incredible looking rootmass you have there stretch...any tips or tricks on keeping a healthy root system.

S

stretchpuppy

thank you cough_cough, i'm still lovin the avatar! thanks! :wave:

sunnyside thanks, i've been lucky with good growing conditions. temps at bucket level are high 60s usually, so i know the buckets stay nice and cool. there is a 4" airstone burried in that mass somewhere, and i've been using cannazym from the start.

Latest posts

Latest posts