X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF
    replied
    I like that. You guys deserve a page in my book: people who aren't afraid to speak up. I'll ask: Should we let politicians decide, or, let the market decide? What I mean is if left up to the market those businesses which respond to market demands will survive and those which do not will not.
    A comparison would be the ban on smoking in bars, restaurants. Thoughts, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• growlegal
    replied
    Originally posted by JCF View Post
    Obviously you do not own a business. But our common ground is the virus is not political. Therefore, I do not accept politicians making it political. Have you read "The Great Barrington Declaration? It's a good read from the Medical profession.
    40 years as owner and I wouldn't make this virus political because that would be ignorant

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by JCF View Post
    Obviously you do not own a business. But our common ground is the virus is not political. Therefore, I do not accept politicians making it political. Have you read "The Great Barrington Declaration? It's a good read from the Medical profession.
    what makes it "obvious" ? not agreeing with you? we get a lot of that here...

Leave a comment:

• JCF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• growlegal
    replied
    Originally posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
    I'm in the country sorta, don't need to worry about neighbors I only see their house when the leaves fall. My family doesn't wear a mask, if I was to I would get ridiculed and they would probably start assuming I'm a liberal. I will ask our customers if they want me to wear a mask when I call them and tell them I'm on the way. Most people say no, and expect a handshake when you arrive.
    The virus isn't political
    Any business owner who doesn't take it serious deserves the loss of sales his poor business model causes
    In other words punching yourself in the face isn't a plan

Leave a comment:

• Switcher56
    replied
    salad

Leave a comment:

• h.h.
    replied
    Caesar.

Leave a comment:

• JCF
    replied
    ......since when do politicians make medical decisions? Who started that?

Leave a comment:

• h.h.
    replied
    Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post
    yup. better to possibly die or kill someone else by transmitting a disease than be giggled at by low-info morons...
    Herd immunity or a Petri dish for mutations. I’m afraid of being ridiculed so I post on Speakers Corner.

Leave a comment:

• armedoldhippy
    replied
    Originally posted by h.h. View Post
    But they might laugh at me. That’s funny.
    yup. better to possibly die or kill someone else by transmitting a disease than be giggled at by low-info morons...

Leave a comment:

• h.h.
    replied
    But they might laugh at me. That’s funny.

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    I'm in the country sorta, don't need to worry about neighbors I only see their house when the leaves fall. My family doesn't wear a mask, if I was to I would get ridiculed and they would probably start assuming I'm a liberal. I will ask our customers if they want me to wear a mask when I call them and tell them I'm on the way. Most people say no, and expect a handshake when you arrive.
    Said it before, will say it again....it's a g-l-o-b-a-l health crisis not political. Other diseases that wiped out families, communities, regions, because it was not understood how to avoid it. Tuberculosis, small pox, polio to name a few, it was UNKNOWN how to avoid other than isolate. Globally, we know how to lessen the COVID virus (viruses mutate and grow more virulent) by the mantra.

Masks are a simple tool as Dr. Redfield mentioned to dramatically decrease occurrence.

But you choose not to listen, hear, understand. There's a difference.
    Lake County still has a high rate of COVID cases, daily.

https://covidactnow.org/us/indiana-i...nty/?s=1533481

Leave a comment:

• Hammerhead
    replied
    I ware sugar skulls every ware I go .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am both liberal and conservative, depending on the scope, though lower case 'l' libertarian, and more liberal than not, leaning heavily toward some forms of populism, humanitarianism, constitutionalism, and a soft free market..

Used to joke with some rednecks I knew on a casual basis, back when I collected class III stuff, that, "I'm your worst nightmare; a hippy with a machinegun."

I've been laughed at, mocked, and more since wearing my GVS Elipse P100 half-mask, w/ a surgical mask over it to contain the exhaust port, and 6-mil nitrile black mechanics gloves.

A day or 2 after my serious 128 pulse rate ordeal, I was in no mood for such small-mindedness, and nearly knocked one brazen individual out, who thought it his place to mock others for their safety needs, while he had ZERO knowledge of my conditions, OR what my mask would stop or not stop... or anyone else's he mocked. (*Him I took time to confront and call out, and he ended up being what most persons are who do such things; a true pussy).

I just did a round-trip flight to Seattle from Interior Alaska, wearing a Venom hard face shield, and the other gear as described.

Data coming out of Anchorage Int'l Airport, written up in the Anchorage Daily News, stated, about a month ago, that 1:20 passengers deplaning in Anchorage were pos. for C-19.

If those numbers fit in my area, and there's no reason they shouldn't that I can come up with, that means there were likely 8-10 persons on my plane who were positive.

I can't definitively say what did what for who, but I can tell you that, statistically, I was quite probably in fairly tight shared space with 8-10 persons who were pos. for COVID, and my initial re-entry to Alaska C-19 test is negative. Re-testing tomorrow at the airport, I hope, for my second required test.

Please don't fuck around with this Boogie.
    Last edited by moose eater; 01-22-2021, 02:13.

Leave a comment:

• unclefishstick
    replied

now add 2 cups of chocolate chips and you have the recipe for covid chip cookies!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X