What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

mowood3479

Veteran
There are some, of course, who insist that ‘of course’ there are no flu cases because they’re calling them ALL covid now...but what if an unforeseen side effect of covid were for influenza to disappear?

Or perhaps it’s that hospitals make 30k more per patient treating for COVID vs treating for flu...

Cui Bono? Who benefits ?

Gry

Or that, in many cases, schools, restaurants, bars, amphitheaters, and more, have been restricted in operations across the Country, with some exceptions, masks have been required in LOTS of places (municipalities, and businesses in particular), hand-washing has been pushed repeatedly as a routine method of disinfecting, social distancing has improved (including signs painted or stuck to the floors of businesses and other venues), there's been a major push for people to receive flu vaccinations (initially with the motivation being to keep necessary hospital space reserved for any increase in #'s of C-19 patients), and numerous other factors that would inherently decrease the spread of flu viruses.

Sometimes the folks who grab on to a part of a cause, and leave the remainder of the answer staring them in the face, but seemingly unaware, fail to see their own answers. Sometimes. Maybe a lot of the time.

Salute

imiubu

So... boots on the ground here close to home...

8yo American born Chinese neighbor boy responds to my question "Are your cousins (who are also my next
door neighbors) stuck in China?". "Oh no" he quips laughingly, "Corona is over!". "They decided to take a
year education over there is all".
Outta the mouths of babes so it's said.

Now... on to the folks to the west of me... his truck had been in the drive for an entire work week. Odd, as
he just spent nearly all winter healing a broken ankle and was anxious to get back to work. 3 weeks later...
his truck sets in the same spot 🤔 Happen to catch the Mrs. outside last week and asked if they were doing okay? Ah, he had cold symptoms and tested positive.
His employers told him to self quarantine. She had been home on vakay at the time we spoke.
NOW... her truck also sets in the same spot, and hasn't moved for 4 days. I know they're alive as their grand babies go up on the porch and talk to them through the window. He had very mild symptoms. I hope she is
fairing just as well. I like my neighbors and actually prefer no one suffer this virus.
Doesn't change my mind about wearing a mask or being exposed etc... etc.
I let her know I am not scared and they don't need to hide away from me personally. If I don't see her outdoors today, I'll knock on the door to see if I can do some shopping or if there is something else I can do to help them out.

:tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
It's been a week since I've received my second Pfizer vaccine. Had no reaction whatsoever, my shoulder wasn't even sore like the first time. They had me stick around for a half hour instead of the standard 15 minutes because of my allergies, but no issues.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's been a week since I've received my second Pfizer vaccine. Had no reaction whatsoever, my shoulder wasn't even sore like the first time. They had me stick around for a half hour instead of the standard 15 minutes because of my allergies, but no issues.

Same here...I wandered away because Walgreen's,the site I got the both vaccine had others shopping there. Couldn't see milling around the aisles. Went to a park nearby to walk.
Arm was sore, not as much as the 1st prick.

Feel better knowing I I have somewhat of a COVID shield. Still mask up, 2 when grocery shopping.

Right on, JST....progress!

Gry

Infection rates up over 60% this week in Wisconsin.
Legislature just overturned the Governor's mask mandate.

imiubu

As an aside to my recent update:

Both my neighbors wore their masks diligently. He even put his on prior to leaving the house and drove with it. Hmmm 🤔
We have had many conversations while standing in the drive etc... where he has on a mask and I do not.
I never don a face diaper until entry into an establishment. Often, not even then if no one hassles me :D

Both neighbors are considered essential workers. While he was home for 3 months healing bones, she has
worked through. She is a grief councilor at the a local hospital. Until he got a cold, none of us knew a single
person who had even shown symptoms.
(My pops doesn't count as there is a huge discrepancy surrounding what occurred and his treatment thereof).

Certainly has left me to pontificate upon this entire prefabbed situation. How so many of my fellow humans believe
this hogwash is (anything except an economic/ manipulation test run) is beyond my scope of understanding.

But hey... if it provides a (false) sense of security.... mask up folks! But... don't be mad when I laugh at ya.
Yeah, maybe 3 or more of those face diapers will keep you from harms way :comfort:

For those folks... I too have a bridge (leading to no where) up for sale. It's a really great bargain I tell ya.

Oh dang it! I spilled my coffee laughing so flipping hard. :blowbubbles:

Amynamous

Both my neighbors wore their masks diligently. He even put his on prior to leaving the house and drove with it. Hmmm 🤔
We have had many conversations while standing in the drive etc... where he has on a mask and I do not.
I never don a face diaper until entry into an establishment. Often, not even then if no one hassles me :D

Both neighbors are considered essential workers. While he was home for 3 months healing bones, she has
worked through. She is a grief councilor at the a local hospital. Until he got a cold, none of us knew a single
(My pops doesn't count as there is a huge discrepancy surrounding what occurred and his treatment thereof).

Certainly has left me to pontificate upon this entire prefabbed situation. How so many of my fellow humans believe
this hogwash is (anything except an economic/ manipulation test run) is beyond my scope of understanding.

But hey... if it provides a (false) sense of security.... mask up folks! But... don't be mad when I laugh at ya.
Yeah, maybe 3 or more of those face diapers will keep you from harms way :comfort:

For those folks... I too have a bridge (leading to no where) up for sale. It's a really great bargain I tell ya.

My apologies in advance if this comes across as rude or condescending (I’m trying my best not to unintentionally be an ass), but wearing a mask will not protect you from catching the disease from others around you if they are infected. Wearing a mask will help protect others from you if you are infected. I believe this distinction is important, and may be related to the behavior of droplets and aerosols that are created through breathing talking, coughing, etc.

imiubu

I too am attempting to not be an ass... however... as if I haven't already been repeatedly subjected to such
vitriol diatribe concerning the subject of mask wearing.
I haven't had my head buried in the sand (MSM) for the past year +.

Gry

As an aside to my recent updat

I live in a place that has a couple of these things hanging on the wall, they are call medical degrees.
One of them reads MD, and the other reads MPH, and I am very sorry that you find this to be
"beyond your scope of understanding".
I find your absence of "diligence and overall attitude chilling.
There is still such a shortage of PPG, that precautions and common decency are our best protection.

H G Griffin

Well into the next wave here. We're back to numbers as high as they were in January, but with the variants all becoming ever more prevalent.

I'm just continuing to stay as far from people as possible until I get vaccinated.

BudToaster

Veteran
they are call medical degrees. One of them reads MD

does that come with a black box warning: HALF OF WHAT I LEARNED IN MEDICAL SCHOOL IS WRONG AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH HALF

(sorry, LOL - it cracked me up when i thought of this today and just had to share)

mowood3479

Veteran
I live in a place that has a couple of these things hanging on the wall, they are call medical degrees.
One of them reads MD, and the other reads MPH, and I am very sorry that you find this to be
"beyond your scope of understanding".
I find your absence of "diligence and overall attitude chilling.
There is still such a shortage of PPG, that precautions and common decency are our best protection.

Well, since u didn’t go to med school and the dr is no longer with us, what is the point of this beyond trying to virtue signal?
as far as I know medical school knowledge isn’t inferred by osmosis ? Is it? Are u saying ur opinion being the spouse of a former dr is more valid than ours? That a piece of paper on a wall gives you some kind of moral authority over the plebes?

Btw how do cloth masks do in mitigating viral spread?...

imiubu

Well, since u didn’t go to med school and the dr is no longer with us, what is the point of this beyond trying to virtue signal?
as far as I know medical school knowledge isn’t inferred by osmosis ? Is it? Are u saying ur opinion being the spouse of a former dr is more valid than ours? That a piece of paper on a wall gives you some kind of moral authority over the plebes?

Btw how do cloth masks do in mitigating viral spread?...

Thanks Mo. I was trying to find a way to word what you have said w/ out being snarky and was falling short.
I then decided to simply ignore :yappy: troll instead.
It has been determined long ago that he and I are on different planes of thought concerning this subject.
Yet; this member still chooses to troll my posts with continuing attempts at shaming my thoughts/ life choices.
These attempts are so transparent and so very ineffectual it's nearly laughable. Indeed this tactic in no way
will sway my thought process nor my very personal life choices.
I certainly empathize with the reason they are personally scared.
I however, do not subscribe to that fear and will not live my life in a state of fear.
:whistling:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Boy...your decision to take a politer course sure took a dive.

Latest posts

Latest posts