What's new

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

CaptainDankness

I didn't say it should be, just that I wish it was. But for someone who has repeatedly said they won't wear a mask because they don't believe in the virus, to call someone expressing their personal feelings, selfish, while risking killing others, is a little hypocritical.

I won't wear a mask, I'm sure it's a real virus but the odds of survival are pretty damn good.

I've personally gone years without catching a damn cold, I'm sure Covid is not much more infectious than the common cold. Maybe I will kill someone as an asymptomatic carrier or maybe they'll die from cancer or heart disease cause those 2 kill more than Covid.

Shouldn't be able to put everyone's life on hold, more people are dying from cancer, they don't deserve to go on a little vacation for the last few weeks of their life, cause of something far less serious? See their last concert or baseball game? Nope sit in your basement and die from cancer is what they want.

Every single person on the face of this Earth is more likely to die from cancer or heart disease than Covid. Have you seen kids with cancer? Probably the only thing that could make me cry, kids with Covid on the other hand barely get a cold.

I won't wear a mask, we need to kill off the boomers or the next president is going to be Trump or Biden. Lol, I'm killing boomers for the children. :blowbubbles:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yep, that right there. That's the kind of reasoning that's killing people. I'm alright so screw the rest of you. Brilliant. What a great guy you are. And trying to justify it because some kids have cancer. Genius. Not many people die from lion attacks either, maybe that justifies throwing you in with some. Someone struggling to breath due to covid might enjoy watching a YouTube clip of it. Sound reasonable?

CaptainDankness

Yep, that right there. That's the kind of reasoning that's killing people. I'm alright so screw the rest of you. Brilliant. What a great guy you are. And trying to justify it because some kids have cancer. Genius. Not many people die from lion attacks either, maybe that justifies throwing you in with some. Someone struggling to breath due to covid might enjoy watching a YouTube clip of it. Sound reasonable?

Covid doesn't come close to the spanish flu, grow up.

"The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States."

With a population of 103.2 million in 1918. 2020 the USA has a population of 331 million people and only 574,125. So to compete with the Spanish Flu 2,025,000 people are going to have to die. The Holocaust was worse than that and we still have lots of Jews, I'm so cheap I'm probably 1/8th Jewish myself, I don't even have foreskin. :blowbubbles:

Definitely not seeing the numbers, Brazil and Italy are just fine, shit I went to the grocery store today and I didn't see a single infected person.

Grow a backbone, you can't live forever.

CaptainDankness

And don't get me started about kids with cancer being denied entry to Disney World, Sea World and all that shit. You pussies should be ashamed of yourselves. You allow them to do that, cause you're scared?? Stay home and shut the fuck up.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I really don't think I need to respond to any of the points you've made there. You've done a better job of showing your character than anything I could say about you. Thank you for outing yourself so openly.

CaptainDankness

I really don't think I need to respond to any of the points you've made there. You've done a better job of showing your character than anything I could say about you. Thank you for outing yourself so openly.

Could you at least admit that the Spanish Flu was at least 4 times worse and we didn't have this much government tyranny?? The Spanish Flu actually killed kids, Covid kills the weak, most of which would have died years ago without modern medicine. It's just nature, survival of the fittest. We survived the Black Plague, Small Pox but " oh no, the bad cold of 2019 brings us to our knees like a bunch of cowards" :laughing:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
We can't judge the severity of a virus until it has finished running its course, which covid hasn't done yet. It won't be allowed to if this advance medication being given out under the label vaccine, has any affect on its severity. Therefore, we cannot judge that. It does however seem likely since it does not appear to be killing children, we don't yet know the long term impact it will have on their health though.
as for tyranny, it comes in many disguises, and many forms. The poverty that existed back then could be seen as a form of tyranny, the racial experiences, whether immigrants of black, Chinese ,Irish, or the native Americans may have been different than the mere starvation of poor whites, could also be viewed in such a way.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Don't forget that experiences such as murder, home invasions, rape, muggings are also a case of survival of the fittest, and we go to some lengths to minimize these too.

CaptainDankness

Don't forget that experiences such as murder, home invasions, rape, muggings are also a case of survival of the fittest, and we go to some lengths to minimize these too.

It's called the second amendment, someone tries to rape me I'm going to shoot them. :biggrin: When seconds count the police are over 15 minutes away.

Maybe you can build a panic room to keep yourself safe? UV rays can kill you don't go outside. Lol

CaptainDankness

We can't judge the severity of a virus until it has finished running its course, which covid hasn't done yet. It won't be allowed to if this advance medication being given out under the label vaccine, has any affect on its severity. Therefore, we cannot judge that. It does however seem likely since it does not appear to be killing children, we don't yet know the long term impact it will have on their health though.
as for tyranny, it comes in many disguises, and many forms. The poverty that existed back then could be seen as a form of tyranny, the racial experiences, whether immigrants of black, Chinese ,Irish, or the native Americans may have been different than the mere starvation of poor whites, could also be viewed in such a way.

Yes, the Spanish Flu was by far much deadlier than Covid and we didn't need a vaccine, it just became a common flu. We probably all had a flu strain stemming from the Spanish Flu and we're doing just fine 330 million people, we tripled in size without stopping the flu in 100 years.

Amynamous

Yes, the Spanish Flu was by far much deadlier than Covid and we didn't need a vaccine, it just became a common flu. We probably all had a flu strain stemming from the Spanish Flu and we're doing just fine 330 million people, we tripled in size without stopping the flu in 100 years.

Did you recently get kicked off of a plane for not wearing a mask?
Asking for a friend.
:D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i do wonder if the more fearful among you have any line in the sand about this? i mean how long should we keep covid restrictions in place? its already been over a year, so how long would you say we keep going? 2 years? 3 years, 5? lets say it keeps mutating and never goes away, so how long do the restrictions stay? are we supposed to just stop being human? no more weddings, no birthday, no family dinners, no clubbing, no concerts, no team sports, no parties, no cups and so on. how much of your life are you ready to throw away? how many years of your children's lives are we prepared to sacrifice as we make them pay for us to stay home? whats the plan exactly? i mean it started with 2 weeks to stop hospitals getting over run, that was over a year ago. are we just supposed to hope and wait till or if it goes away? WHAT IF IT DOESN'T?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lots of things we could have done, look at Australia. But the case numbers have been brought right down to almost zero in a lot of countries, then they opened up again
why open up only to have more lockdowns later. Just keep the lockdown for an extra couple of months to get cases to zero, then where is the worry? Keep borders closed, any country that depends on tourism to survive has fucked their economy already, they need to change what they're doing anyway. Anyone who refuses to wear a mask for any reason other than serious health concerns, and no " I don't like them, they make me anxious" is not a good reason, heavy fines, not £100 but ten times that for each offense. 3 fines, jail time. If you're risking peoples lives, why not, you can't get away with putting a blond fold on and firing a gun in the street, why can you get away with spreading a virus because you want to?

CaptainDankness

Lots of things we could have done, look at Australia. But the case numbers have been brought right down to almost zero in a lot of countries, then they opened up again
why open up only to have more lockdowns later. Just keep the lockdown for an extra couple of months to get cases to zero, then where is the worry? Keep borders closed, any country that depends on tourism to survive has fucked their economy already, they need to change what they're doing anyway. Anyone who refuses to wear a mask for any reason other than serious health concerns, and no " I don't like them, they make me anxious" is not a good reason, heavy fines, not £100 but ten times that for each offense. 3 fines, jail time. If you're risking peoples lives, why not, you can't get away with putting a blond fold on and firing a gun in the street, why can you get away with spreading a virus because you want to?

You are not spreading the virus unless you are sick. They don't even work which is why the CDC now recommends 2 masks. LMAO, I could have told you masks don't work from the start. Dust masks have better filtration than the cheap medical masks. You go to the grocery store with a mask and Covid best believe you're spreading it, not me. :biggrin:

Do they really charge you 1,000 pounds for not wearing a mask? My state just has a mandate because the governor said they can't even enforce a fine legally. I might wear one in England cause they probably would put you in jail for it and you don't really have freedom. In America I'm forced to not wear one cause we have freedom and I won't stand for tyranny. Live free or die. :biggrin:

Definitely strange how a country that believes in Charles Darwin and survival of the fittest more so than Jesus are terrified of death. I certainly don't want to die but I understand it's inevitable so I try to have a good time. Pretty much told everyone I don't want no crying at my funeral, just shots of good Whiskey and dank bud all around. I just hate funerals everyone crying, I do feel bad, but I didn't even cry at my father's funeral at 16 years old couldn't be around them people, I went in the woods and smoked some weed by myself. Lol, I was more fucked up by seeing little kids dying from cancer at the hospital myself, something far worse than Covid, making everyone wearing a mask a PUSSY!!

Yes I do think less of mask wearers, not so much the women, but the women who don't wear masks I respect, the best are the few that seen me without a mask and said "fuck it" and take theirs off. Lol, I do have a smaller friend who's a closet mask wearer just cause people give him shit, but not a single person has said a word to me. The joys of being built like Butterbean. :laughing: I'm definitely prettier though at least my wife says so. :biggrin:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Fines in the UK start at £200, and double every time you get fined, they go into multiple thousands of pounds. People eventually get the idea, unless you live in an area with no cops. I normally enjoy having no cops around, then I hear the church bells and wish we had a few to enforce the no public gatherings rule.

mowood3479

Veteran
I also have/had the covid19 virus. 2-3 weeks of feeling like death. I avoided hospitalization because I knew to take aspirin immediately, Tamiflu, lung specific antibiotics and steroids.

I did catch it despite wearing a mask most of the time but I did not wear it when on a bike ride. I believe I caught it from a passing bicyclist; floating in the air.

I could not care for myself. I fell over trying to pour a glass of water. My temp was over 40. My friend took the chance to move in to save my life. We both wore quality masks. He did not get it.

Recovery is NOT objective. Look at polio, etc.

Here she be

mowood3479

Veteran
I didn't say it should be, just that I wish it was. But for someone who has repeatedly said they won't wear a mask because they don't believe in the virus, to call someone expressing their personal feelings, selfish, while risking killing others, is a little hypocritical.

Don’t misrepresent my position.
I’ve never said I don’t believe in the virus or that I don’t wear a mask (in certain high risk settings I do wear one)
I oppose ineffective, unscientific and arbitrary viral mitigation efforts.
I oppose tyranny.
I believe consent matters.
so anyway, I oppose govt lockdowns, I oppose mask mandates.

i believe people have the right to make their own risk assessments and to act accordingly

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so your answer GMT, is to lock down even more until cases are at zero?

i would have some understanding for this IF we actually closed the fucking borders as well and stopped all air travel.

but no they want to lock citizens up and bankrupt them, but no tourism mustn't suffer, air industry mustn't be closed down. go to the mall but don't go to the small book shop. make bezzos richer while everyone goes out of business. if there was consistency and not just a pick and chose your tyranny approach we might well be past this. back when numbers in neighbouring Italy started surging we should have done what you say, but also shut the border. but no, border were left open and covid arrived here, so yeah im sick of this bull shit calling its self science based approach.

i want to know how long you are willing to lock everyone down to get your wish of 0 cases. (pcr test can always be positive if the cycle thresh hold is high enough btw and the WHO has said asymptomatic people generate many false positives using this test) also asymptomatic people are the most unlikely to transmit covid.

knowing all that isn't it time to re evaluate?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh lockdown makes no sense at all while borders are open. I pointed to Australia because they shut their borders. I would have shut borders when we had zero cases and assessed the situation in Feb 2020. But our govt have never been willing to shut borders. The whole thing has been either mismanaged from the start, or its a global effort to reduce the social care crisis every govt is currently facing. Nor am I advocating for lockdown to continue indefinitely. My own preferences and wishes are just that. I may have an ego, but just because I would prefer something personally doesn't mean that I would suggest it should happen.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
in Spain you are not even allowed to travel inside the country, unless you are a damn tourist, then you can travel all over Spain no problemo, its bat shit insanity and tyranny.

Latest posts

Latest posts