What's new

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
eateries open, as are bars. seating in dining areas restricted to 50%, order routinely ignored by those sitting at bar. non-maskers rare here. local hospital has 7 open spots in COVID ward after being at capacity (100 beds) for months. most teachers have had at least 1 of 2 shot series now. local schools getting ready to TRY to open back up. they'll snap right back shut if cases start climbing again...:ying:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
eateries open, as are bars. seating in dining areas restricted to 50%, order routinely ignored by those sitting at bar. non-maskers rare here. local hospital has 7 open spots in COVID ward after being at capacity (100 beds) for months. most teachers have had at least 1 of 2 shot series now. local schools getting ready to TRY to open back up. they'll snap right back shut if cases start climbing again...:ying:

weird,almost like there was someone with some sort of plan in charge now....

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
The difference between then and now is great. So great I wonder at times if this is still a dream and I am gong to wake up with the nightmare still in progress.

One thing will not change, I get my second jab in nine hours and one minute from now.

I suspect the second jab actually going into my arm is providing closure.
The stupid stupid stupid "It is magic and will go away, or "It's the jewish space lasers" are not having the desired effect.

Or any of a myriad of lame ignorance provide by those who get their votes through fear.
Sometime I wish I did feel a bit more fear, it would make life easier if I just got scared and hid when horrid things happen.
But I do not, sigh. Well, what with 21 broken bones and a total of four years hard time, I do indeed walk the path I advertise.

Im'One

I am getting my second shot today. I too feel as if we are emerging from a long nightmare. Sadly the effects of the past few years will last for decades. Most of my life for sure will b under the shadow of the facism we see emerging across this nation and I wonder if a stronger strain is coming

armedoldhippy

Veteran
folks lining up for vaccines at Bristol Race track, some parking night before to be in line early. backed up over a mile by dawn.

imiubu

weird,almost like there was someone with some sort of plan in charge now....

"some sort of plan" has zilch to do with the current admin's planning of anything.
That "some sort of plan" was put in place long ago.
Those currently in office are simply the most recent set of puppets playing out a previously cast scenario.

JMO of course. :tiphat:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was no distribution plan for the coronavirus vaccine set up by the Trump administration as the virus raged in its last months in office, Biden’s chief of staff, Ron Klain, said.

“The process to distribute the vaccine, particularly outside of nursing homes and hospitals out into the community as a whole, did not really exist when we came into the White House”.

Biden, has promised a fierce fight against the pandemic that killed 400,000 people in the United States under Trump’s watch.

He's signed a series of executive orders last week, including some that target vaccine distribution.

Biden's plan to partner with state and local governments to establish vaccination spots in conference centers, stadiums and gymnasiums is working, although production/supply has hit a snag with storms hampering efforts. Biden's plan will also deploy thousands of clinical staff from federal agencies, military medical personnel and pharmacy chains to increase vaccinations, and make teachers and grocery clerks eligible.

Vaccination programs lagged far behind the Trump administration’s target of 20 million Americans inoculated by the end of 2020.

G

We’ll Have Herd Immunity by April

Covid cases have dropped 77% in six weeks. Experts should level with the public about the good news.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731

Was told the above appeared on the former Rush radio show today.
A buddy who had heard on there and mentioned to me,
had listened to the story and did not recall it being mentioned that it was an opinion piece.

Seems to be a serious amount of disagreement with this rather prematurely concrete report.

The newer more aggressive variants are still major question marks, and these folks seem to be advertising "All's well and good."

When delusions become a part of the infrastructure's/government's output, mainstream and fringe news, etc., re. serious circumstances of any sort, we're more fucked than we were with more honest, broad-based, sometimes pessimistic reporting.

But, unfortunately or not, this seems to be how our culture deals with news of serious issues that are, at least in part, out of our personal control; invent perspective that reduces the stress, whether true or not. Which does nothing for keeping persons more physically safe.

We seem to be more complex versions of the fainting goats some times.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Seems the person who wrote this was a surgeon, not an epidemiologist- they’re all taking the article to bits on the twitterverse.
Hope it’s correct though.

G

Two Floridians attempted to get second doses of the Covid-19 vaccine by dressing as elderly women

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/us/florida-women-dressing-up-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html

We've had ineligible persons up here receiving vaccinations on occasion too. Once a person is on the list, the providers rarely ask for any form of formal confirmation as to comorbidities, etc.

It's the vax 'scramble', similar to what we saw with the toilet paper scrambling/hoarding and related conflicts.

I'm scheduled for the 1st vaccination with Moderna's vax for March 4th, and the 2nd vax shouldn't occur any more than 40-some days out, preferably 21 days out, per the source of the vax. That means that if I head to surgery in Seattle in early April it could conflict with the 2nd vax schedule, and there's no way to KNOW for CERTAIN their new re-supplies will be timely, would need to take place toward the end of March or early April.. So thinking I ought to push back surgery for a week or so, to make all of this work.

The same place I'm signed up for with the Moderna Vax on March 4th, will have the Pfizer vax on the 9th, but my younger son and I are planning to be in the bush then.

Gry

Veteran
Glad to hear that you are scheduled. Looking forward to being able to say I have one lined up.

Gry

Veteran
Congratulations ! Am glad to hear that is the case.
I look most forward to being able to obtain the same.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Lol y’all really think once you get the shots it’s gonna end ,no masks ,no fear?lol
good luck with that
Wake up
Someone please post the ingredients in said cofefe shots ,or do we just shove shit in our bodies before we do research
Lord knows y’all will debate on who has the most fire pack out rn but won’t do common knowledge research on what’s in these things
Y’all got too comfey
I will wait

Latest posts

Latest posts