What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why masks are bad for your health

CaptainDankness

I would not touch my mask without cleaning hands first and I would not throw my mask away till I can wash my hands again. So, if I have to drive from/to a place that doesn't have soap and water, I'll have my mask on. Nothing wrong with that. I couldn't care less about what others say about that.

Well at least there is a method to your madness. I thought y'all were just that scared it could get into your car from other cars, like you can't just roll up the windows and trust the cabin air filter in your car. Have you thought about hand sanitizer though?

In other news my state has just removed the mask mandate!! I didn't wear one anyway, but I'm still just overly happy that I no longer need to be an outlaw to live my life. :jump:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
My hands are dried already from all the soap I use don't need unnecesary sanitizer to burn my hands as well. Plus, the mask keeps me from touching my face.

imiubu

Worried about hand sanitizer drying hands but not the dangers of unnecessarily covering our breathing holes. Epic.

imiubu

"I'd rather die, than to give you control."
"Bow down before the one you serve, you're going to get what you deserve..."

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i see folks driving here with them on. could be Uber driver, wearing it for their own/customers safety. could be door-dash delivery folks, they ALWAYS have one on when they come here. they could be driving someone elses car. might have been to wal-mart & don't want to touch the mask until they are out of the car & ready to wash both hands AND mask. they could be thinking that they have been exposed & don't want to spray disease all over their car knowing others will be getting in. who knows? yeah, it might look funny, but i'm not laughing at them.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yet no one died or been affected by wearing a mask. After all ends this health crysis may even show that wearing a mask in a polluted city while on the streets is better than not wearing one..

mowood3479

Veteran
Yet no one died or been affected by wearing a mask. After all ends this health crysis may even show that wearing a mask in a polluted city while on the streets is better than not wearing one..

Ur claim that no one had been affected by wearing a mask is suspect as hell.
little kids are forced to wear masks 8 hours a day in school 5 days a week.
they’re not learning to read and write.
It’s a problem. Check the standardized test scores, check the attendance records
I now people with copd who can’t shop because they’re harassed for not wearing a mask even though they have a medical exemption.
but I guess if death is the requirement for something to be harmful than I agree probably no one has died from wearing a mask..

But I think plenty of things can be very harmful that don’t cause Immediate death so...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I just think we would have heard of more cases if it was really a problem. Ofc me never hearing about one even if that's the case is still possible, but not probable. I don't claim I have researched this. It's just what can I comment based on what I see and hear.
I have no problem with someone not wearing a mask, I won't go out of my way to tell someone to wear one or wear it well. But also I would go out of my way to avoid being around them. Statistically they have more chances of having/spreading the disease.
To each their own, I guess.

imiubu

The MSM and TPTB will not be able to continue with the mask mandate (farce) if the studies proving
the dangers of mask wearing were (allowed) to hit mainstream acceptance. Gotta keep that type of info
in the "conspiracy" files or the overseers will loose their grip on the populace.

OH NO!
Then the forced vaccine campaign will surely loose traction then cease.
Can't be having that now gents (n ladies).
Vaccine passports??? Yeah, fuck that too.

As always... follow the freaking money peeps. Who has made mega bank due to this 'pandemic'?
Who will gain so much more with the vaccine(s) roll outs? Geesh, not rocket science folks.
Vaccine passports? Oh sure, no track and trace etc... etc... going on there.
Next will be the bar codes on our arms (foreheads?) allowing/ disallowing commerce.

Same as it ever was. The tool of control/ manipulation is fear... and as always... it's doing as it always has...
people have become mindless puppets to their over lords.

SMMFH

It's more than obvious even, than the nose on yer faces. sigh.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Real health crisis is we can't get N95 masks to wear when we need them, like mowing, sanding, any dusty activity.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
"Never waste a good crysis." The fact that those with most capital managed to make more money during this crysis is not a sign they created or sustained the crysis in any way, but it's clearly a sign they used it as an oportunity (as it is expected of them to).

audiohi

Veteran
Israeli hospital reports 65% drop in serious asthma cases due to mask-wearing
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...-in-serious-asthma-cases-due-to-mask-wearing/

A study conducted by Sheba Medical Center recently found that the past year saw a 65 percent drop in serious asthma cases that required hospitalization.

The drop was credited to widespread mask-wearing during the COVID-19 pandemic, which also helped decrease the spread of viruses such as the flu in the past year.

By wearing masks, people are also less likely to suffer from seasonal allergies, as face coverings prevent pollen from flowers, trees, and grass coming into contact with the nose and mouth.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I would not touch my mask without cleaning hands first and I would not throw my mask away till I can wash my hands again. So, if I have to drive from/to a place that doesn't have soap and water, I'll have my mask on. Nothing wrong with that. I couldn't care less about what others say about that.

its good to be careful, but how exactly will you transmit the virus by touching your mask? i do believe in frequently changing masks for new ones, but if i have a chance to take my mask off i always do so and put it in my pocket till the next shop doorway. the virus can't go through your skin, as long as you don't touch your face after playing with mask you should be fine. actually the latest data even shows that surfaces are not dangerous like they thought at the start. so i think you can relax about the mask, specially if you are healthy. its not gonna infect you from touching it. but if you have no issue breathing through it thats also np ofcourse.

i do notice as long as im not working physically, i don't notice the mask making a difference, but if i start working hard, that thing has me gasping for air very quickly, as i breath harder and start sweating under it, it gets moist which seems to restrict the air more. at which point i either have to go outside for fresh air or slow myself right the fuck down so my breathing is nice and slow.

im so happy the government told people no need for masks outside unless you are close together. it was causing nasty looks and fights between those wearing and those not wearing them. now everyone knows where we stand.

Latest posts

Latest posts