How about that silver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EsterEssence View Post
    You don’t know me and I am certainly not stupid so quit with the playground name calling and grow the fuck up...
    Once again, oh, and lets get something square, this is a weed growing site and a thread about silver, and Bud Green asked a question about storing silver and I gave him a couple examples and I wanted to assure anyone that hiding shit should come naturally to growers and to just be creative and then you came in and ridiculed me and basically made fun of me, which is your perogative, but don't act like a butthurt schoolgirl when you get cornered and can't answer the basic question as to who is going to come in with guns and take our shit and imply that posting here makes me more vulnerable because maybe you can get us all caught up on the security preps all us stackers are lacking. You know, contribute something positive or useful. Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeez View Post
      That's the problem with tangible gold. You pay ridiculous commissions buying, selling or storing it.
      Amen to that! Plus shipping is costly and inconvenient. And its difficult to divide metlal into subunits that are easily tradable...no way would I accept 5/64th of a 1 ounce Krugerrand, or 3/4 of a one ounce silver canadian mapleleaf in trade.

Its better to just buy cryptos on the deep dips, or paper gold/silver that have no premiums and can be traded with a click.

Comment

Platinum is a good buy right now...I'll wait on Silver until it dips below $20
        Hall Of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by ronbo51 View Post
          Once again, oh, and lets get something square, this is a weed growing site and a thread about silver, and Bud Green asked a question about storing silver and I gave him a couple examples
          It's interesting how growing weed & investing have changed over the years.

In the 90's you could sell Good Meds for $240 an ounce - and buy gold for the same price (almost, the Gold was Troy ounce, the pot was 28 gram ounces).

Now ... I don't know anybody selling Herb for $1800 an ounce.
          Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Phatty View Post
            It's interesting how growing weed & investing have changed over the years.

In the 90's you could sell Good Meds for $240 an ounce - and buy gold for the same price (almost, the Gold was Troy ounce, the pot was 28 gram ounces).

Now ... I don't know anybody selling Herb for $1800 an ounce.
            back in 2010ish, an ounce of primo would fetch 1000 bitcoins. Now an ounce of primo would fetch 0.007 bitcoins.

Which is better, Bitcoin or Gold?

Comment

Gold is down 10% since last August when it topped $2Gs. I'm expecting it to keep going down as stability returns politically.

Going with the funds like SPDR® Gold Shares NYSE Arca:GLD keeps you in the action but gives fast liquidity at a reasonable cost. For something hands on as a worst case scenario, I like the coins and never went as far as prepare type staples like food, ammo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
                Physical silver takes up a lot of space, and is very heavy...

What kind of safe hiding places do "stackers" recommend for keeping it safe?

I know most stackers would advice against this, as they say "if you don't hold it, you don't own it", but I keep it in a safe deposit box. My reasoning is that the odds of a burglary or fire are MUCH higher than something happening in the bank vault.

Comment

Originally posted by flylowgethigh View Post
                  I would like more gold. Problem is APMEX has the spot price on their site $10 higher than Kitco, and the premium on 1 oz coins is over $100. $1960 to buy $1835 in metal.
                  NationWideCoins offers 1 oz of gold at spot per household. The catch here is that they will pressure you to buy proof coins in the future, but you can easily opt out. Also check out FindBullionPrices.com for the best deals on metals.

Comment

Originally posted by brickweeder View Post
                    back in 2010ish, an ounce of primo would fetch 1000 bitcoins. Now an ounce of primo would fetch 0.007 bitcoins.

Which is better, Bitcoin or Gold?

Won't really know until Bitcoin has been through one EMP event or something like the Equifax hack.

Attitude takes Bitcoin !
                    Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Phatty View Post
                      Won't really know until Bitcoin has been through one EMP event or something like the Equifax hack.

Attitude takes Bitcoin !
                      Since bitcoin is being run by tens or hundreds of thousands of mining systems across the globe, I wouldn't worry about an emp attack unless it were global.

Now a hack that is able to alter the blockchain...that is different story, although seems extremely unlikely from my limited info.

But since its birth, bitcoin has been mopping up the floor with gold, and the mopping is accelerating.

Comment

Originally posted by ronbo51 View Post
                        Once again, oh, and lets get something square, this is a weed growing site and a thread about silver, and Bud Green asked a question about storing silver and I gave him a couple examples and I wanted to assure anyone that hiding shit should come naturally to growers and to just be creative and then you came in and ridiculed me and basically made fun of me, which is your perogative, but don't act like a butthurt schoolgirl when you get cornered and can't answer the basic question as to who is going to come in with guns and take our shit and imply that posting here makes me more vulnerable because maybe you can get us all caught up on the security preps all us stackers are lacking. You know, contribute something positive or useful. Try that.
                        7/31/84/ my son was born and my house was robbed, 8/1/84 a couple guys came in with guns posing as sheriffs, as soon as I turned around one of them hit me on the head with a gun, took me to the safe that they knew the location of and I opened it. I was only trying to say don’t advertise what you have or where it is...
                        Prop 215 compliant.
                        Don't panic it's ORGANIC...

Comment

They were probably real cops, posing as thiefs.

Notice how all the older dated coins are gone, and the only available inventory is newly minted coins?
                          ______________________________ __________________________
                          Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

Comment

The only coins I collect are dated 1964 or earlier...and I don't keep them in a safe...(As EsterEssence sadly learned the hard way)

Anything dated after that is just fiat money. (well, except pennies. They were still made of real copper until 1982)

Isn't Mother Nature grand !

Comment

Originally posted by Bud Green View Post
                              The only coins I collect are dated 1964 or earlier...and I don't keep them in a safe...(As EsterEssence sadly learned the hard way)

Anything dated after that is just fiat money. (well, except pennies. They were still made of real copper until 1982)

there are(or were) a few 1965 quarters and dimes that are silver
                              worth keeping and worth far more than melt value
                              current grow: www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7872194

Comment

Originally posted by igrowone View Post
                                there are(or were) a few 1965 quarters and dimes that are silver
                                worth keeping and worth far more than melt value
                                Those would have been struck by accident from silver blanks left in the machine from the year before..
                                They would be worth a very large sum of money!

I can spot a silver coin mixed in with the newer ones from across the room...and I'd love to find a 1965 silver quarter!

Isn't Mother Nature grand !

Comment

Working...
                                X