What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

40degsouth

Gogin Diddle,
PTSD is just a label for a large number of trauma related health issues that are only just beginning to be understood and properly researched; for example concussion and percussion related brain injury. Everyone’s experience is different and ten people observing the same incident will have ten different emotional responses and ten people dealing with the exact same situation will have ten different coping mechanisms in place.
It doesn’t make us weak to present vulnerabilities or to discuss our weaknesses with trusted friends or health care professionals.
31ACE46F-97A5-42FD-8722-9DFDE57BEA90.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The only time PTSD is a bad problem is when the person that "has it" doesn't do anything for themselves. When I get locked up in a victim state of mind, I always fall into suffering and hurt myself and others.. Liston friends, having an Improvized Explosive Device go off under my feet is something I can't change today. However, I can change the way I deal with my handicap today and work with reality as it is, with a lot of practice. I keep fucking up but that's the teacher showing me where I need to work more. It's so hard at times, and crying from the "pour me" mind state doesn't help get me to the store. It's best if I deal with my own handicaps with precision marksmanship and work hard on my bad attitudes that hurt me and others. Hey, it's nobody's fault, I got to make my own peace for me and those around me and that takes a lot of work. . . 😎

40degsouth

Just had my two dogs run away.......but then because of my community and sheer good luck......got them back.
Anxiety level off the charts but remains calm on the surface.....know what l mean 💩
B074BF2F-2ACF-44CA-ABFB-C37FE4B9DB8A.jpeg

TheUnknownGrowe

im glad you brought up the 'p' word weird. does anyone have personal experience treating ptsd with psychedelics? i am strongly considering a heroic dose of psilocybin but im terrified to do so without a caretaker.
Billy
i haven’t read through the thread yet, but while heroic doses apparently work, I’m not a big fan of the length of the experience. I prefer DMT, 7 minutes of that realm is enough, and the experience is something every human should experience at some point.
No withdrawal, no urge to use substances after, no stress, and it seems like the flood of brain chemicals leaves your senses somewhat heightened.
Hope you still check this thread, the pandemic has been hard for all, but especially for some, it’s been excruciating….

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
40degreesouth, I know what you mean man, So glad you got your best buddies back. They look like they are glad to be home and resting well. Watch out because it could happen again, friend. 😎

przcvctm

Just thought I'd post up my recent experience with micro-dosing p. cubensis for the first time. Generally, stress and anxiety are agony in and of themselves. Once triggered, I then cascade me into an awful depression. Micro-dosing is a miracle for me as far for treating the depression. I had hopes that it would tame my stress reaction but no such luck. Still, It's so amazing for depression that I've introduced spores to grain bags for the first time.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I wished I could give that a try because sometimes if so fucking hard just to be alive. By the time that stuff makes it to the everyday market, I will be gone. Unless the Veteran approves the therapy I am out of luck getting any of that stuff for medicine. I can't go out of state.

RobFromTX

I know in my experience the effect changed drastically. First time was just a small amount of golden teacher and the effect was superb. almost like the first time you ever catch a buzz. Second time was tea made with about the same amount, which sent me into tailspin of anxiety. I mean were talking 3 hours of sweating and shaky hands. But after that it was followed by 3 or 4 hours of the most euphoric and hilarious experience ive ever had. fits of laughter. Slobbering and crushing cigerettes before i could light them. Im glad its having a great effect on depression but that definitely must be subjective. I know ill only microdose the next time around because thats a rabbit hole i just dont want to go down again

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Just wanted to pop in and say “be nice to everyone, you don’t know what they’re going through”.
Really hope you’re life’s ok Going Diddle and Creeperpark.
We should probably make an effort to make this thread something special 🖖🏻🤗🤗🤗
EEE8D2AC-903E-4B35-8FFF-C26187AD5A40.jpeg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I think I get more out of K9 compassion than medicine. In other words, I feel better hanging around with my best friends than taking medicine.