What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
With the ever increasing number of cases of PTSD being discovered worldwide,it's great to have a forum where the issues involving PTSD can be discussed openly and without fear of any negativity.We surely hope this forum will benefit all who suffer from this condition.

Thank you to Gypsy who was happy to help in the providing of the forum.

SP

przcvctm

I appreciate your effort to create this forum, Slim. I'll be following in hopes others who suffer as I do can share what helps.

I suffer as a result of an abusive father when young, and smelling, hearing and seeing things that no one should have to as an adult. Life's been a horror show in too many ways.

For me small stress (worry) leads to big stress. Fight or flight stress. When stressed I can't think. I avoid stress at all costs. Very insignificant things can trigger the stress cycle. Stress wears into depression. Nothing is interesting. Nothing to look forward to. I wake and try to break up the day into manageable parts to get back to sleep again and not feel. Thank god I don't have the nightmares I should.

Since this is a pot board, I'm mostly interested in genetics that calm and uplift. I realize there's a lot more to treating PTSD than just findng that one special plant that feels like the opposite of daily symptoms. But that would be enough for me.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
If I could command a magic wand for just 1 day...Folks with PTSD would get first place in line...(along with cancer patients).

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I am more stressed now since I quit smoking 10 yrs ago <--- a good thing, I guess. There is scientific evidence to correlate it in schizophrenic folks, that when they quit smoking, the symptoms were off the chart and would only resume normalcy (if that's the correct word) after taking up the butts once again. They stabilized!

I have witnessed PTSD in 2 of my friends. I remember 1 was sitting across my desk and although he had his name tag on, the individual sitting in front of me, was unrecognizable.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I appreciate your effort to create this forum, Slim. I'll be following in hopes others who suffer as I do can share what helps.

I suffer as a result of an abusive father when young, and smelling, hearing and seeing things that no one should have to as an adult. Life's been a horror show in too many ways.

For me small stress (worry) leads to big stress. Fight or flight stress. When stressed I can't think. I avoid stress at all costs. Very insignificant things can trigger the stress cycle. Stress wears into depression. Nothing is interesting. Nothing to look forward to. I wake and try to break up the day into manageable parts to get back to sleep again and not feel. Thank god I don't have the nightmares I should.

Since this is a pot board, I'm mostly interested in genetics that calm and uplift. I realize there's a lot more to treating PTSD than just findng that one special plant that feels like the opposite of daily symptoms. But that would be enough for me.

I plan on growing some Ringo's Gift next run for the CBD but more importantly...

<<
The potency of this strain is outrageous, but maybe not in the way you are anticipating. THC levels only reach about 1%, with CBD skyrocketing into double digits with ease. Several phenotypes of this plant are available, making her numbers vary depending on what you find. These airy and light buds are mint green with bright orange pistils and super frosty trichome coverage. Hash and mint will dance along your tongue and in the air around you, creating a classic and fresh experience.

While it sounds as if Ringo’s Gift isn’t strong enough to do much for you mentally, user results are rather surprising. Many note that this strain is popular in the club scene in Barcelona as it provides mental focus and energy along with a physical relaxation that’s anything but heavy. Your mood will soar and socialization becomes easy during your high, allowing you to make friends fast and keep the drama far away from you.

This much CBD is obviously a goldmine for medical cannabis users, therefore making Ringo’s Gift a true gift in your life. Inflammation and bodily pain are very quickly soothed as your mind receives her cannabinoids with ease. Mental concerns including anxiety, stress, and depression also tend to dissipate as well, leaving you in a place of peace and openness for whatever comes your way. Although it’s not an overly energetic strain, Ringo’s Gift is recommended for daytime use.>>

It is a known fact that high THC strains are partly responsible for increases in stress, anxiety and paranoia (in some folks)!

foo dog

I know a guy very hard hit after his partner was killed in a really bad way etc. Weed was, and is still the best thing that has ever happened to him. Hardly smokes much at all, but when he needs it, it's a godsend. He doesn't even like being 'stoned' or use it recreationally, but he absolutely loves lighting up and finding solace. Top bloke and a real inspiration actually.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I know a guy very hard hit after his partner was killed in a really bad way etc. Weed was, and is still the best thing that has ever happened to him. Hardly smokes much at all, but when he needs it, it's a godsend. He doesn't even like being 'stoned' or use it recreationally, but he absolutely loves lighting up and finding solace. Top bloke and a real inspiration actually.
I can relate to that :)

Veggia farmer

Great initiative folks.

Are in on the wainting list for a appointment for a nerve psychologist. Have a very strong feeling that I will have the same as some other family members. ADHD and PTSD/CPTSD.

Cannabis changed my life completely. Could stop being in the flight or fight modus. My feet stopped jumping up and down, which it did constantly. Its a very fine medicine plant.

Im very interested too try growing a CBD strain. Only CBD rich strains I have tried is landrace, hashplant. Which wil be a mix ratio.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
for those that cant view, the video was basically a panel of ptsd sufferers answering questions from the general public on the topic of ptsd. the thing i found most interesting is the misconceptions people have about ptsd. typically, one person asked "isnt it all just in your head? cant you just think about something else?" we still have a very long way to go when it comes to acknowledging and appreciating non-visible disabilities. like show me the button to press to make this all disappear and believe me i would be pressing it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
when it is real bad it is categorized as a syndrome

Nothing more psychedelic than being subject to trauma responses

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
im glad you brought up the 'p' word weird. does anyone have personal experience treating ptsd with psychedelics? i am strongly considering a heroic dose of psilocybin but im terrified to do so without a caretaker.

Brother Nature

There have been a few studies with MDMA and PTSD patients that have resulted in positive outcomes. I'd imagine LSD and the like would also help given how well thy bring up latent thoughts and feelings. I'll try and find the study and link it. :)

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Terrified is good.

I would suggest exercising caution.Last thing we would want is more damage to the psyche.But,I don't know mushrooms either.I have just become more cautious as I have grown older. :)

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
from everything i have read psychedelics are a game changer when it comes to treating mental illness. for me the problem is i have come to understand that your mental state prior to tripping has a significant impact on the direction of your trip. similar to alcohol. if you are in a great mood and go to the bar you will likely have a pleasant evening. if you go to the bar after getting fired and finding out your wife cheated on you chances are you will end up in the parking lot throwing fists. my problem is my current mental state is so low that a trip scares me without having someone to be the voice of reason. bottom line though is they are supposed to be the next big things for those suffering from mental illness.

Veggia farmer

Yep, I have been doing it quite some with psychedelics. The last trauma from childhood came in to my consciousness under a trip on HWBW. That came one week after I moved a little bit further away from everyone I knew. I moved away because the mushrooms "told" me earlier that I should do so. Im a little stoned so wont go so deep now because english is not my first language... But yes, experinece a little... I still "need" a trip once in awhile.

Its a lot about set and setting, you know? I got interested in stuff because of exactly this. It have given me insight about past, about my self and more about other people too.

I had an short fuse before. Or when Im tired now too. I noticed in my teens that I overreacted to certain situations. Then I realised that there has to be something more underneath. It sure was.

MDMA, LSD, shrooms, cacti etc all of the "classic" ones can help. Atleast for me:)

But I also ate amanitas, had good experince with Salvi D. too and so on:)

First time I ate shrooms I ate a little over a hundred fresh Liberty caps. Can definatly suggest a tripsitter, at least at heroic doses:) And everyone should(!) start low the first times. To get to know it a little. We all react different. Its not for every soul.

Veggia farmer

Billy, my personal opinion and experience is to "maybe" combined it with MDMA..? I have had some changes in my life lately and I needed too see past my "hung up ego. but too nerves about just mushrooms alone. I have some hard trips with shrooms before, more then the others... Not bad, just hard:) So, if you take some MDMA first you get on the "love/X" vibe before the shrooms comes to play and draw you deeper in to the sub-consciousness.