What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I think the SD metro area is the 8th largest city in the US, so a lot of athletes come from that region. The great year round weather probably doesn’t hurt either, you could play sports outside during the winter, at least during the day when it’s warmer. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SDSU basketball seems to be a consistent 20 win team the last few years, and they were ranked #6 in the country last season before covid cancelled the tourney. I think that season’s point guard got drafted at the end of the 1st rd by the raptors this past offseason. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Youre right, UCLA is the prime jewel in the socal college bball landscape, but other schools in the area also field competitive teams and if they can find the overlooked guys like Gonzaga does they could be a consistent top 10-15 team. I guess soon the nba will let high school players into the draft again so even prime programs like duke, Kentucky etc will need to recruit and develop talent that isnt the cream of the crop.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I think fetus’s are especially sensitive to mercury so pregnant woman should avoid too much fish or shellfish, especially species known to contain lots of mercury. But im not too sure how many people are affected by mercury poisoning, one case had a guy eating sushi twice a day for 2 years and then he had neurological issues and they discovered he had 12x the normal level of mercury in his system. That’s a lot of fish, I like fish as much as anyone but I eat other meats much more often.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think ive been to a von’s when I was out in cali years ago, seemed like a nice full service grocery, if a bit smaller than the Jewel-Osco’s we have in the Midwest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We’ll see what the bears do at QB, Hawk, if they draft one or go after a free agent, maybe even deshaun Watson. I think ryan pace the GM and matt nagy the coach know that this is their last year if they don’t make improvements on offense, starting with the QB, so hopefully they make some good decisions and save their jobs too! [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the qb situation is gettting interesting in houston
d.watson says he isnt going to play for the texans, but the team dosent seemt to be entertaining offers
he sounds serious about wanting out and he would be a gold mine of value if traded
plus i think the free agent market at qb could get interesting

while japan dosent use many pest/herbacides im sure places like vietnam/ india and other places do
it could be the type of chemicals used or some other environmental factors in conjunction with diet (health is a many faceted thing) but i would avoid things uncle bens rice or excess seafood (like canned tuna)

san diego metro is huge and the county is even bigger
plus we have some world class facilities across the area, like the otc (olympic training center) in chula vista and i hear there are some high end coaching places up in carlsbad
/is anyone else into the olympics? i cant wait for the games to begin
but as far as sports programs go we always seem to be second class
faulk was a big star, plus we had guys like the pittmans come out of san diego
and you can forget the budman, r. williams

hope your week is wrapping up nicely and all you guys hav a great weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yup, supposedly Watson talked to houston’s new coach, David culley, and reiterated that he didn’t want to stay. So we’ll see what happens, you think he’ll fetch three 1st rounders? But if those picks all end up in the 20’s even that might not be enough, unless you pick really well. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also Russell Wilson has said he doesn’t want to be traded but if he does he wants to go to either the cowboys, raiders, saints or bears. Can I imagine russ in a bears uniform? Yes, yes I can.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ha, for a second there I thought your Carlsbad contained the Carlsbad caverns, but those are in New Mexico, not cali. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Im hoping the Olympics goes off smoothly, I guess they’ll have to vaccinate most of the athletes and staff before the games? They don’t start till what, July, so they still have time…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
growing up, carlsbad was a podunk seaside town but now its blowing up
they have legoland there and the city has changed a lot since we used to surf tamarac st back in the olden days
i want to check out the carlsbad caverns one of these days
i hear russ talking about potential teams too
for him to go to the raiders, they would have to first ditch carr
i doubt dallas will be willing to shift dak but who knows, dak could bring some value that would off set the cost of picking up wilson
/completely hypothetical at this point
i agree that late first rounders are not much different from high second rounders, but top picks are worth something
/say in the first 100 picks (about the first three rounds)
hope you have a great weekend and things are warming up for you guys back east

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I think looking it up carlsbad California is one of the richest towns in the US too. That oceanfront real estate in Cali is something else. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You ever do the paddleboard thing? Ive heard surfing is pretty hard, catching the wave and standing up and balancing throughout. Paddleboard would seem more my thing, not as much athleticism required. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hear New Mexico is beautiful, got the caverns and the northwest part of the state is basically Colorado type climate (mountains and forests, not as hot during the summer). It’s not TOO far from you, but I guess you have mountains and forests and desert in socal too, so why drive 12-14 hrs east for more of the same? Well, except for those caverns, those might be cool to see. You’ve been to the Grand canyon before, I assume? That thing was pretty awesome, I was only there for a day or two but man it was unreal seeing it in person. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I heard that the raiders are close to extending Carr’s contract to something like 5 yrs, 30M/yr, which means theyre going to release or trade marcus Mariota since he’s too expensive a backup (8M/yr?). Maybe the raiders and hawks can swap QBs, lol? Of course the raiders would have to send picks as well, but derek carr isnt a bad QB, especially if carroll wants to continue to be a run first offense. Same with Dak, they could swap QBs, and Dak is even better than Carr, only problem is I think Dak wants Mahomes/Watson type money (40M yr). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ur right about even low first rd picks (in the 20’s) being valuable, wasn’t lamar Jackson like pick #31 in the first round? I guess if you’re picked in the 20’s you’ve got some ‘weaknesses’ in your game that the picks in the top 10 or 15 don’t have, but it’s all about what you do when you step on the field. Undersized, too slow, too weak, not accurate enough, if you ball out doesn’t matter where you were picked. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its crazy what it costs to own property here in socal
but carlsbad is nice with a small town vibe, but you have a legoland (plus the legoland resort) in your backyard
ive dont the SUP (stand up paddle) and its fun but nothing like riding a good hollow wave
i used to be a bit of a water man, swimming, diving, catching waves and loved the ocean
until you have been in the green room (pitted) its hard to describe what its like
i think the raiders are going to stick with carr, but we will see if houston trades d.watts
hes not happy there and wants out
at worse he will pull an AB and just not play, but i think there are a lot more likely things that would happen instead before that
you can never tell how a draft pick will pan out and it funny to hear reasons why so and so shouldent be a top pick
/r.wilson has small hands!
but like you said, if you ball out you will get paid no matter where you were picked

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, ive heard of legolands, we have a couple here in IL, never been into legos, even as a kid (mostly cause they weren’t cheap) but they seem cool to play with, especially some of the big kits they make for star wars, etc. And the lego movies aren’t bad either, if you don’t mind a lot of pop culture references. Haha, I had to look up what green room/pitted means in surfing, yeah riding that ocean tunnel looks hella cool and fun. Good exercise too, paddling and swimming and balancing. Is it a sport that you can do while baked? I hope Watson gets traded before the draft, I think the Texans would want that too, especially if they need a high pick for a new QB. Not sure what his options are to hold out, it’ll cost him money to do so, Im not sure if AB ever actually held out/refused to show up, seemed like he was there but very disruptive. He got cut by the raiders when he cussed out their GM and called him a cracker. Actually I think it was teddy bridgewater that had the small hands and that’s why he was picked after manziel in their draft. Russell is a small guy but he’s actually got pretty big hands, over 10in (avg for nfl qb’s is like 9.75in or something), same with kyler murray, for a small guy he’s got nfl size hands. But ur right, teams get so focused on things that don’t have much bearing on whether a prospect is good or not, things like height, hand size, weight etc. Everyone wants the megatron type receiver, tall fast and strong, but AB was 5’10”, 180lbs, fell to the 6th rd in the draft and was pretty much the best receiver in the league for a few years.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening baba! good to see you again my friend
whaty do you think of this new site look? i find it kind of weird and hard to navigate so far, but im sure i will find my way around
we have launched tha tproject i was telling you about and so far things are all go!
thanks for all your help and i appreciate your advice
i used to be able to swim miles in the ocean half drunk or hung over and could hold me breath for almost 2m comfortably while swimming underwater hard
i am no where near that now but we all get old soemday
iwhen i said pull an AB i meant being such a pite that the team is forced to cut you
the whole reason he went to the raiders was he wasnt going with the prgram and wanted out
so it looks like jj.watt is now in az; the cards could be the dirty birds of this next season and i hope staford gets his legs under him quickly and takes the rams offense to the next level
got any plans for the weekend?
we are planning a camping trip in a few weeks from now and are going out for three days!i cant wait
hope tyou are having a great friday and all set for the weekend!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im not sure I like the new site look, doesn’t seem any better than the old site design, looks a little strange to me but im sure we’ll get used to it. Hopefully this changeover isnt because some govt or law enforcement took over this site; I mean, I doubt it, but why make the change?

Dang, I cant hold my breath for 1 minute just standing still, much less 2 mins swimming hard. But like you said, that was back in the day for you, but still seems impressive to me.

People are criticizing the JJ watt decision because he said when choosing a team he wanted to go to a contender, and the bills and browns were both interested in him but he went to ‘zona, who finished 8-8 last season and out of the playoffs. But watt said he likes kyler a lot and truthfully the offense sputtered when kyler wasn’t healthy, they were 8-6 and needed to only win one of their last 2 games to make the playoffs but kyler had a bum ankle. So we’ll see how it goes, he and chandler jones are #2 and #1 in sacks the last 8yrs so maybe that veteran pass rush can make things happen.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im not sute i like the new look either but it it what it is
are you on a mobile device, your text looks different, sort of like narc?
/haha, i doubt the new upgrade" was federally mandidated but who knows
ima actually typing this in a word pad doc because i cant see what you wrote in the thread while i respond
we often post on a few ideas at once here, so its nice to see the post you are responding to when typing
i love the ocean and am still very comfortable in water , but its not nithing like it was before
/ to free diving 2min+ iyou need to sit at the surface amd just breathing deep to saturate your blood with o2
i was usually good for a few good dives, but its like climbing where you need to know your limits
part of it is just letting go of the panic and relaxing, but also knowing your limits
jj.watt is a grown man and makes his own dcisions based on what he thinks in best for him
/sorry to get all dr. phill on ya brother
i thing az is a great choice as far as solid teams to join
/if he was looking for the best team he would have gone with the bills
but i think he brings a lot to az in a tights nfc-w division

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I noticed my text was different too, I write in a Word doc and then cut and paste and it just uses whatever font the site uses, so I think maybe the default font on the site is different too?
Y’know, if the feds ever took over this site I don’t think we’d ever know it, wouldn’t they try to keep things as normal as possible? But that’s just the paranoia in me, plus cannabis is pretty much going to be federally legal soon…
Yeah, a little hyperventilating to build up oxygen in the blood is good before a dive. Did you ever try scuba diving with the oxygen tanks and all that or just stick to free diving? You can get pretty deep just free diving, especially if you have some weights to pull you down.
I agree with you, the bills made the afc championship game so they seem like the most championship ready for jj watt, they also have a young stud QB in josh allen, but ur right, jj watt has been in the league 10 years, you would think he knows football better than us, so if he thinks the cards have the most potential he might not be wrong.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i used to be open water certified but that lapsed a long time ago
i dont hvae the tanks any more but i still have mask and fins so i stick close to shore
i dont really think about the legalities of smoking/ growing weed much but you can never be too safe
living in a legal state is nice and i cant wait for the rest of the us to follow suit
watt as a bill would be an upgrade to an already good defense
i think the cardinals have a decent up and coming defense and with watt, could make some waves next season
i think the bills are a lock for the playoffs next season (as long as something crazy dosent happen)
the nfc-w is kind of up in the air right now, so maybe he will be that piece that pushes az over the top
/i think azs success hinges mostly on k.murray
are you following the b'ball right now? i tried watching it earlier but just dont get into it like i do football
spring is just around the corner and i cant wait
me and the mrs have a long weekend camping trip planned for later this month and im looking forward to getting back to nature!
hope your week is off toa great start my man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Now that the democrats are in charge of the white house supposedly they’ll try to legalize cannabis federally. We’ll see how that looks if it does happen.
The bills D started off surprisingly bad but got better as the season went on and finished middle of the pack (#16 in pts given up). Watt only had 5 sacks last year but according to some metrics (like pass rush win rate) still ranked as a top 15 pass rusher last year. Maybe it had to do with money also, maybe the cardinals offered him the most money (2 yrs, 31M total, 23M guaranteed). You hate to think he’s being a hypocrite saying he wants to win and then just taking the most money instead, but if worse comes to worst he can leave after one season with 23M in his pocket and look for another team.
The NFC west made 2 of the biggest moves of the offseason so far, the rams getting Stafford and the cards getting watt. 49ers might stick with garappolo another year or may look to upgrade, and Russell Wilson is seeing every other team in the division make moves like crazy to get better and the ‘hawks are just sitting pat, having given up two 1[SUP]st[/SUP] rd picks for a safety last year.

There’s not much to watch now except for some of the roundball, baseball is in spring training and hockey has started but I hardly watch the nhl, unless the blackhawks make a deep playoff run. But it’s good to take a break from sports on tv, get out and about and do some other hobbies or activities. Things are getting warmer now, winter’s just about over for now, and going camping on the weekends sounds ideal. Are all the parks and campgrounds open back up now? When are you going to get your vaccine? I think I signed up for it but it might not be till summer that I get one..

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
im with you baba' and dont really get into the round ball stuff like i do with football
i doubt seattle will let wilson go this year, but the do need to step up
the nrc-w has a ton of playoff calibre teams and like you said i tihkn the nfc-w is going to be very competetive this year
so what are you doing with your weekends now? do you have a hobby you enjoy
i have been spending time in the garden outside and hope to grow some dank veggies this year so that is a plus and im spending more time walking and want to get into a fitness routine one of tehse days

i dont know about them legalizing weed on a federal level under biden, but we can only hope
it seems to be a lot more tolerated that it was back in the day from what i hear from friends
i still keep it on the down low, but i dont worry as much about riding dirty like i used to

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I've been enjoying this new product, Cheetos Mac and Cheese. I have only tried the Jalapeno flavor, but I really love it. Make it with some canna butter and kill two birds with one stone. That is all!

cheetos-mac-cheese-lineup-2-0-1-1596634953.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Jelly, how ya been? How do you feel about Wentz being the new QB for the colts?
Those Cheetos Mac n cheese boxes look awesome, it’s perfect food synergy like when taco bell got doritos flavored taco shells. I’ll have to look out for them next time im at the store.

Coming to age during the Bulls’ dynasty during the 90’s, I do enjoy the NBA, even when the bulls aren’t good, which is most of the time since Jordan retired. And the game itself flows better now than it did during the defense-oriented 90’s, it’s more wide open now with the emphasis on the 3 ball. But for the most part I don’t watch nba games, I might have them on in the background though.

I think here in IL if youre caught with a bag of weed, so long as you have a receipt from a dispensary they wont ticket you. But I guess if you get into an accident, they might try to do sobriety tests on you, thinking that if youre high that contributed to the accident. IME, being high while driving makes me a more careful driver, lol, I drive slower and more defensively, not more reckless.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i would totally go for the bold and cheesy boxed one jelly! cut up some hot dogs into that and its on
/i still like to eat like a kids from time to time
how much butter do you put in the dish, fish?

the jordan era of b'ball was different and you couldent help but follow basketball
i remember watching lakers games back in the day and being a fan and when i would travel overseas, i would go to the card store and buy a box of jordan cards to hand out to the kids
no matter where you went people knew who michael jordan was and would co crazy for a small cardboard picture
/mcgyver was also popular for some reason?
that kind of sucks about having to produce a receipt to be legal, who saves those?
/here in ca the weed comes in containers witha sticker so i would just reuse the containers that said prop420 compliant
plus if you get a bunch you arent going to hold on to your paper work for a week while you toke up your stash?
/or are you
it makes me thing of the mitch headburg skit about getting a reciept when you but a doughnut
its a doughnut purchase, no need to bring ink and paper into this
but i guess if i keep me out of jail or from getting a ticket it would be worth it
/or even collect recent receipts just to be safe, like those get out of jail free cards in monopoly
yeah wentz is gone clearing the way for j.hurts to be the eagles new qb1
/the guy i wnated the rams to draft last season
as far as the colts go i think its a downgrade from old man rivers, wentz is a lot younger and has less kids, but can he sling em like the old man?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Jordan transcended basketball in a way, made it a global sport. Kind of sad to see him old and puffy now, always had that image in my mind of him being Black Panther, long and lean and superhuman. But father time is undefeated, as they say…
Actually I think if you had a dispensary approved container in IL that would probably be sufficient to prove your cannabis was bought legally (i.e. taxed by the gub-mint). Im not sure, it hasn’t ever happened to me yet (getting caught with weed by the cops), lol, but I think the licensed growers in IL have to package everything in approved containers before shipping to the dispensaries.
That Mitch Hedberg skit brings back memories, dude was like the perfect stoner comedian, it’s a shame he OD’d years ago. RIP Mitch, we’ll see you down the road.
That would have been a good get by the rams if they drafted Hurts, but they used their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] rounder on cam akers who could possibly be a top 10 RB next year, and plus I think they didn’t want to shake Goff’s confidence by drafting a highly touted rookie QB. Course as the season went on and they realized Goff was really Goof, they did an about face and traded him for Stafford. Hurts would have been much cheaper than Stafford, but at 27.5M/yr Stafford isnt too expensive, and is cheaper than goff (31M/yr). If they can squeeze a 4500yd, 35 td season out of him, that’s top 5 production out of a QB salary that’s 13[SUP]th[/SUP] in the league.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah, a lot hinges on how stafford pans out for the next couple seasons
if he can put up decent numbers i think the rams could be a legit playoff team
i like akers and hope he continues to do well, but you are probabaly right about them not wanting to rattle goof last season by drafting a qb
i like the containers the package weed in now
i have a few of them that ive held on to and keep my stash in them because they are good containers
i havent been hasseled in a long time over weed, but i dont smoke outside of the house like i used to
we bring stuff with us when we camp but i pack it away and we keep in on the down low when there are toher people around
headburg was hillarious and i miss his comedy, the mrs is really into stand up
so the draft is coming up and i was reading how this season is going to be a tough draft to call
some players havent suited up in over a year and there isnt going to be the pre draft evaluations we had inpast years because of covid
scouting and luck is going to be even more critical if you want to land a solid player
besides qb, what would you like to see the bears pick

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i would totally go for the bold and cheesy boxed one jelly! cut up some hot dogs into that and its on
/i still like to eat like a kids from time to time
how much butter do you put in the dish, fish?

as far as the colts go i think its a downgrade from old man rivers, wentz is a lot younger and has less kids, but can he sling em like the old man?

The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons, I usually put one of regular and one of my cannabutter. Eating about half the mac and cheese does the trick, ymmv.
Baba, I don't know about Wentz, I'm thinking pop_rocks is right.

Latest posts

Latest posts