What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive lived a sheltered life here in california goJ and i dont think ive even seen totinos party pizzas
/we did have the mama celest kind, which were dirt cheap and probably about the same growing up
my sister and i used to get little cessars carry out when we were kids, back when it was "pizza pizza"
/you get two pizzas for the price of one
those pizza rolls were where it was at man and now im craving a tray or two fresh out of the toaster oven
for some reason we dotn have a lot pf places here in california
cracker barrel is one of the big ones, i guess they have a cracker barrel deli thing here in cali that already has the trade mark to the name
loves me some old south cooking!
so it looks like jj.watt is on the market now and i wonder how receptive the texans will be to serious offers for d.watson
thats so weird you could nto find the super bowl on any tv channel or radio station?
one year i remember watching it on a digital tablet in the middle of nowhere
it was cool because the online broadcast had different commercials and stuff

hope you guys all had a great week and are set for the weekend!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
You get two LITTLE pizzas from Little Caesars. Their large was like most chains' small.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this was back in the day jelly, when it was more like a medium size; but yeah, the topping were cheap and it was about the same size and quality as some generic oven baked pizza
but for mad cheap you could grind
we used to ride our bikes to the shop and for like 3 and some change each we would get a whole cooked pizza!
/we would put the left overs on this rack on the back of my sisters bike, the kind where you would put your books

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah are totinos party pizzas square or something? I’ve seen the small round totinos and of course the pizza rolls but not sure if I recall them having square pizzas. I see mama celeste out here too, maybe ive tried it once or twice but cant remember, of course for a cheap pizza it’s not going to be awesome lol. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don’t think there are many cracker barrels around Chicago but there are a few, I think theyre more common in more rural parts of the state. But around Chicago it’s mostly soul food places if you want some southern type cooking, which I guess there’s a lot of overlap between the cuisines. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Its weird that the Texans couldn’t find a trade partner, jj watt was on the last year of his contract for 17M, which isnt that cheap but he’s still a top 10 D-lineman and those guys go for 20m+ per year. But maybe as a free agent he’ll have more choice of teams to go to and also the opportunity to sign a multi year deal. Both his brothers are on the steelers but that team has a lot of salary cap issues so they could have trouble signing him unless he takes a below market deal. Or the packers are his hometown team and also a contender but he’d have to sign for less there also…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I LOVED pizza pizza when I was a kid. Some pretty good pizza back in the day, for a cheap chain. I even liked all those dough bubbles that would form in the crust. I used to work at a pizza shop and they would tap the bubbles down with the slicer when cutting the pies, but I like those little pockets of air in my crust, gives it some character. Havent been to caesar’s in a while but I do remember getting a bacon wrapped pizza (bacon around the crust) that was pretty good. They also had a pretzel crust pizza that was good but a little too salty imo. [/FONT]

shithawk420

Veteran
Have you ever had New York pizza baba? I haven't but it seems more people prefer new York.maybe it's cause I'm from IL but I seriously doubt it's better than Chicago and I'm talking deep and thin pizza.new York looks so bland to me.i know you can get a big slice for $1 in a lot of places in new York cause there's so much competition

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
littel ceasars is totally kids style pizza
for some reason, a lot of kids dont appreciate a good pie; but serve upa few pap john or domino pizzas and they go nutto over them
the other week my friend got a take and bake from aldis and it was pretty good
we could have put more toppings on it but that would have required some effort
last night me and the ex made our own pizzas out of those flad breads you use to make gyros and they came out pretty good
this crust with a ton of fresh toppings and cheese and not alot of work to make them

where do the texans stand with d.watson? thats a gold mine there is they do decide to deal him
i agree that jj.watt will be a hot free agent
looks like the eagles last year pick, j.hurt is goign to be leading the recievers in the offseason
just read on pft how he is holding a receivers camp this offseason
/he was the guy i thoguht the rams should have drafted last season to light a fire under goofs ass

hope things are starting to warm up for the rest of you guys
at least we are getting used to the temps by now hopefully

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Ive been to NYC a couple times but haven’t been in years, but I did try the ubiquitous NY ‘slice’, which is just a very thin crust slice of cheese pizza, not too much sauce or cheese, crust is more soft and pliable not cracker-like like Midwest tavern pizza. And you can get slices for a $1, even if it looks sizeable for $1 it’s very thin with not much cheese but for $2-3 you can stave off hunger. I know dominos offers a NY style pizza which is big with a foldable thin crust, it’s not bad but real New Yorkers like to say you can only get good NY style pizza in NY. Whenever someone says that their favorite regional food just tastes better if it’s from that region, they usually say “it’s the water”, cause you mix the local water in the dough for pizza. Im dubious of that claim.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think youve mentioned making flatbread pizza before and that sounds like a good idea, but ive seen actual pizza crusts at my sams club in the bread section, they looked fully cooked and come 2-3 in a bag. I do have marinara sauce and provolone slices in the fridge, maybe ill have to pick up some crusts next time, try it out.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I thought when the eagles fired doug peterson that would mean wentz will want to stay, but apparently he still wants to be traded and the team is trying to work a deal. Youre right Pop, seems like he's uncomfortable being QB with Hurts breathing down his neck. He seems like a good guy for the most part but sometimes an iffy teammate, seems like he wants things a certain way (his way) and if he doesnt get it he pouts and wants to leave. I really hope the bears dont trade for him, with foles breathing down his neck (he wasnt particularly happy about foles after the superbowl win) it's not looking like a good situation for him. Then again, when have the bears been a good situation for any QB ever? Lol...
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ive heard maybe the texans could deal watson to the dolphins in exchange for tua and picks, including some of the picks the texans gave to the 'fins for laremy tunsil. That way houston gets some good draft capital to rebuild their roster and a developmental QB who still has potential.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
tua for watson?!? thats a tough one
i dont know if i would bite if i were the fins', especially if it took more than a #1 (plus some extra draft capital thrown in; say a #3 and some filler) to make it happen
fwiw, i think tag' did pretty good for a rookie and at one point had the team behind him
the dolphins were probably one of the dark horse teams last year winning way more than expected, so why mess things up by bringing in a new qb
on the other hand d.watson is a solid new era qb ( mobile/ decent arm) and could turn a team around
i dont know but i thnk miami is on the right track and just needs to keep building on what they have; i would pass on the trade and hope he (watson) isnt traded to a division rival

i will have to look for those flatbead crust
i dident go in thinking i would get the pita style bread
when i went to the store they dident have a whole lot of options, not even those boboli ones
they had some frozen pizza dough, but i would rather just make my own if thats what i have to choose from
the pita breads were more like a thin crust style pizza, but when you load it with wet toppings (like veggies) the bread soaked up the liquid and was super good
on the white pizza where it ws jsut like olive oil garlic and cheese (shred, provalone and rocotta) they came out a little more done
but it was super fun to make and after about 15 min prep time (chopping veggie toppings and stff like that) it was just putting together a bunch of pizzas and waiting for them to bake

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]The Fins publicly say theyre still high on Tua but the offense looked better under Fitzmagic, plus it was their D that won them games (they were actually #1 in least pts given up until the last week when the rams overtook them because they gave up like 50 to the bills lol). If Tua can find his deep ball (seemed like most of his completions were short passes, checkdowns, etc) then he can be a franchise QB. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ur right though, it’s a tough choice for the Fins, give up a lot for Watson (a legit top 5 QB) or stick with Tua and build around him through the draft and hope he realizes his potential. Plus the Texans I don’t think want to give up Watson, even though he wants to leave. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think the saints and steelers might need new QBs so they might be willing to trade for Watson also.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, it’s a bit tricky putting a lot of fresh veggies on a pizza because of the liquid it releases while cooking, although I guess with raw dough the liquid will cook off and dry up, but with cooked dough youre not going to cook it long enough for that to happen.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I remember the deli at sams club, where they sell the hot dogs and fresh pizza, they also sold cases of frozen dough and pizza toppings. So years and years ago I actually bought a case of frozen dough balls from there, used like one or two of them and had the other 30 or 50 or however many were in there (it was a LOT, lol) stuffed in my freezer for months, unused, before I finally threw them out. Fwiw, the one or two I cooked I didn’t like, it seemed like a different dough than they used in their fresh cooked pizzas, more dry and less oily. [/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we used to get frsh dough at the grocery store, they would have it in the refrigerated section and it was ok
some pizza places would also sell you dought if you asked, but if im heading to the shop ill just pick up a pie there
but its not hard to make your own fresh pizza dough and i we aslo got a bread machine that made it super easy
i do that sometimes too baba, buy those big things at the costco and then have my freezer stuffed with "X"*
you could have done other stuff with all that dough, not just made pizza
make calzones or just bake it so its like grlic bread
i dont know if i would call d.wats a top-5 qb but he is good
now with the loss of jj.watt the texans look like they are going into total rebuild mode
/traded away nuks last season and now losing watt
i dont blame watson for wanting out, but if the texans get too greedy they might not get too many takers
so whats your take on this vincent jackson thing? it sounds fishy to me and i heard he was found dead in some hotel not more than a few miles from home?
i wasnt a big fan of him when he played for the chargers but it sounds like he might have been whacked out or caught up in some fishy shit

*last summer it was corn dogs

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Too many overpriced overhyped players thinking they should get Mahomes money. You're not going to win with all your money going to players who turn out to be fragile and overpaid more often than not. And why would anyone sign someone who signs up to be overpaid, then demands a trade before the ink dries? How many players making millions are worth it instead of maybe worth it or used to be worth it?

Maybe eastern frozen pizza with fake cheese is like cigarette smoking in CA. All the major frozen pizzas were invented and made in the north central US.

I'll try something new and report if I survive. For 15 years I made my own from scratch but I stopped buying eggs because they're bad for me. Because all I do with eggs is pizza, brownies, and french toast.

Pizza crust hasn't been good since the late 80's for some reason. How hard can it be? Pretty hard it seems. The few places that got it right then used high protein flour now unavailable or something? Because I'm not sure even Pizza Hut is the same - they were half decent at one time. Their breadsticks never remotely resembled proper breadsticks though, which in all fairness I haven't seen since the 70's.

Yeah are totinos party pizzas square or something? I’ve seen the small round totinos

Totino's was small and I think under $2. There was nothing party about it nor was it square. Square is a bad sign.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Pizza crust hasn't been good since the late 80's for some reason. How hard can it be? Pretty hard it seems. The few places that got it right then used high protein flour now unavailable or something? Because I'm not sure even Pizza Hut is the same - they were half decent at one time. Their breadsticks never remotely resembled proper breadsticks though, which in all fairness I haven't seen since the 70's.

Pizza Hut was bought out by Pepsico in about 89, 90. That's when they started messing with the recipes. But I still like their Thin 'n' Crispy crust.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Yeah, I should have used that dough for other stuff but at the time I wasn’t as into cooking as I am now so didn’t have the imagination to use it for food other than pizza, plus honestly I just forgot about it for a long time. I did get into making my own pizza dough from scratch and was somewhat successful making a thin crust, crispy and cracker like. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Watson led the league in passing yards with 4800 (100 more than 2nd place matt ryan), had 33 td’s and 7 int’s (same as tannehill but far behind rodgers’ at 48 and 5) and also had 450 yds rushing and 3 rush td’s. Who would you rather have over him? Mahomes for sure, Rodgers too, Russell probably, josh allen ok, maybe lamar and kyler (less passing stats than Watson but better rush stats)? So maybe he’s top 8 instead of top 5? And Brady is old as shit but just had a 40 td 12 int season and was 3rd in pass yds at 4600, so you can even make an argument for him over Watson if you don’t take into account future longevity. I don’t know, I still remember watson’s rookie year where dude threw 18 td’s in like 6 games and was on pace for a 40td season as a ROOKIE before injuring his knee in practice…[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yeah, Vjax being found dead in a hotel room in florida is pretty tragic, dude was only 38 years old. He also retired from the league pretty early, at like 33, after banking about 70M in earnings. It didn’t seem like he was often injured while playing but his playing time did decrease once the bucs drafted mike evans so I guess he retired before he got cut and didn’t want to keep playing on a vet minimum deal. I guess we’ll find out the cause of death from the autopsy, hopefully it wasn’t an overdose. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Are you talking about Watson, GJ? I think that’s just the way the QB market goes, each time a truly good QB signs a deal it sets a new standard. Rodgers got 33M/yr 2 years ago, Russell got 35M/yr when he signed later, then mahomes and Watson got 40M/yr on their deals last year. But ur right, you should at least have a history of good health before getting a big contract like that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You use eggs when making pizza? Like in the dough or as a topping? I guess in the dough it’d be more of like a brioche style bread (especially if you also use butter) and I’ve seen ‘breakfast’ pizzas have an egg as a topping…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think back in the 80s pizza hut actually made their own dough on site, had a dough mixer and everything, but like Jelly said, they got bought by a big corp and then started becoming more ‘efficient’ (ie cheaper) and brought in dough from factories. I think at factories they don’t actually use much yeast anymore cause it takes too long, they don’t want to wait a day for it to rise, so they actually whip carbon dioxide gas into the dough at high speed in big machines to get that fake ‘rise’ or something like that. But yeah, you can taste and tell the difference…[/FONT]

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i like the hut' too j'fish
my favorite is their original pan pizzas, loaded with butter and greasy as feck
sure, there are better pizzas but i would take that over a dominoes/ papa john/ et al

i could see d.watson being top-10
but like you said the qb game is pretty solid in the top-5
# top five: brady, mahommes, (rodgers, wilson, brees ; you can pick your order)
#6 j.allen buf
/i like this kid and thing hes next gen gunslinger
we could also add b.mayfield to the mix plus l.jax, j.herbert (maybe top-15) and couple more names im forgetting right now
/the kush is kicking in
but i just dont feel like d.watson is worth what the txns want for him
/latest news on pft is now the donks want in and might give up d.lock and some #1's

goJ is spitting the hot taeks and i wondered about the egg in the pizza dough too
i make egg noodles all the time but i never took that sweet soft dough and thought about baking it into a pizza crust?!?
/especially use that high gluten flour that makes the weak tremble with fear
am i smoke too much weed or not enough?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I worked at Pizza Hut at the time it got sold. Wait staff was told, "if someone orders a Coke, say, "Is Pepsi okay?", all that bull.
But when they hired me I had to go in reeeeeeally early for about a week, to watch them make the dough for the day. So they were still making their own dough then. I don't know about now.

shithawk420

Veteran
For a while I was going around asking different places if they would sell me dough and they looked at me like I was nuts so I just said fuck it and gave up.im not in any position to make my own since my house caught fire so I'm stuck with frozen pizzas.this Bellatoria is actually decent for frozen thin crust.but I'm sick of frozen pizza.Been trying to get to a Kroger so I can get some sushi but the closest one is 45 minutes away.aint gonna happen in this weather

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I’ve seen ‘breakfast’ pizzas have an egg as a topping

No. There is a limit to my weirdness. An egg is preferable to canola and especially olive oil in the different possible variations to an otherwise identical recipe. In general I don't like and avoid nondairy fat, and became even more intolerant to it with age. I do not own any vegetable oil, lard, shortening, none of that.

The tiny square Totino's branded product sold now is the same as old in name only.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
[FONT=&quot]Pizza hut pan pizza was pretty good back in the day, had that crispy, oily crust. Have you ever had Detroit style pizza, Pop? It’s a square pizza and I think they use a lot of olive oil in the dough because the crust always comes out crispy and greasy on the edges.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mayfield has shown flashes of elite passing ability but it’s usually against terrible pass defenses, like against the bengals where he had 5tds. Even trubisky looks pretty good against terrible pass D’s, of course Mayfield is better than him but still, not encouraging when a QB only looks elite against bad D’s. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I could easily envision Herbert being a top 10 QB next season, we’ll have to see how the new coaching staff uses him. Passing more on 1st and 2nd down would open up the offense more. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I worked at dominos in the 90s and the dough came in shipments, all in balls in plastic trays, ready to go. Nowadays I think only mom and pop pizza shops make their own dough on site. Have you ever tried making your own pizza crusts, Hawk? Just flour, yeast, water, salt, maybe a little sugar. There’s some elbow grease involved with the kneading and then you have to wait for the rise but overall it could be a very useful skill to know how to make bread and pizza crusts, etc. Just make sure you get the measurements right before mixing it up, maybe when you get experience you can eyeball everything.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So you only use butter when you need fat for cooking, GJ? It adds more flavor than olive or vegetable oil for sure, but it seems like you cant eat most deep fried foods, fries, chicken etc. That would kind of suck but probably healthier in the long run.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EDIT: The Iggles traded Wentz to the Colts for a 3rd rd pick this year and a 2nd rounder next year, which becomes a 1st rounder if wentz plays 70% of the snaps and they make the playoffs. If he's healthy and Reich can get his mojo back (having a great O-line will help a lot) then that seems doable. It's less draft compensation than what the lions got for stafford. Im just glad the bears didnt trade for him, but watch he balls out next year, becomes a top 5 QB again, then bears fans will cringe and say we shoulda got him. Rinse and repeat as a bears fan and our 3 decade search for a franchise QB.
[/FONT]

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Another toxic contract. What happens after people get the big contract? Poison. Like fat. You forgot bacon!!! A leaner bacon is good though. I can't eat much hamburger or sausage without puking, that's how bad it is - haven't fried a burger for 25 years. Baked chicken is great! I'm having one tomorrow. Yes with butter on it. Cheese is good in things too. Even the lightest and freshest olive oil has a bad flavor to me. This is what I was talking about having the habits of a supertaster - it can be a deep thing.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
big news baba! i had not seen the colts deal for wentz
it sounds like a decent deal for all parties ; colts get a place holder qb to hold them over, plus the eagles get out from under the c.wentz contract plus get get at least a 3rd (plus change), which could turn into a first rounder
/opens the door for hurts also
hopefully this is also a sign that the qb market is coming back to earth
i like crispy and grease; ive never had detriot style pizza but ive had square pan pzza before
/im going to have tpo look for a detroit style pizza joint

love baked chicken man, how do you season your bird?
i know all about not overdoing it on the wrong foods but this might go beyond a sensitive palate goJ
do you just not ear red meat? when i was younger i dident eat meat for a few years and once i started again, i couldent digest red meat
chicken was ok, pork was iffy but i would get sick if i ate hamburger/steak
besides turket bacon, what do you ahve to choose from? i like chicken but you have to watch it or it will become dry
i love cheese and like i said lived off beans, rice and cheese for a few years back in the day

Latest posts

Latest posts