Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hayday
    replied
    Pay off my retirement home and kick it all day everyday.

Leave a comment:

• ClubCannabis
    replied
    Pay off my debt and put down a deposit on a house. That would probably spend it all up.

Leave a comment:

• 944s2
    replied
    Turn it into $50 K then $100k and so on and so forth, ,
    Best of luck,,,s2

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Young
    replied
    I'd buy a piece of land, and build a microhome. Also build a couple growsheds with fluence Led. Start a micro propagation setup for breeding hazes, and landrace. Then bless those in the community.

Leave a comment:

• Ringodoggie
    replied
    I would take 90% and invest it in cocaine and hookers. Then, I would just waste the rest.

Leave a comment:

• vacuumlungs
    replied
    I’d put it somewhere safe and pretend it wasn’t there.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I would get some dental work, buy 1 Bitcoin and go for a roadtrip somewhere.... 25k all gone....

Leave a comment:

• FrostAie
    replied
    I would create a seed company and a breeding lab

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Originally posted by White Beard View Post
    Yep, that’s the dream: grow pot, eat steak, make music, have a good time...until I can’t no more
    Great way to live...and enjoy Life.

Leave a comment:

• White Beard
    replied
    Originally posted by f-e View Post
    It's not even the deposit for a starter home. I couldn't do anything useful with just $25,000
    I just turned down a well-outfitted tour bus in good condition (low miles, too) for lack of $11k. If you can’t do anything useful w/$25k, maybe you’re not really trying.

Whoops - read your follow-up...yeah, that’s a choice - but I’d rather be a pimp than a landlord.

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied
    Originally posted by aridbud View Post
    With a windfall like that, put it to good use!
    I'm only interested in property. It doubles in value every 12 years. Rental income pays for a property in 12 years. So your 25k share of a house, pays your 25k back, and becomes worth 50k in 12 years. So 25 becomes 75. Though there will be costs, and erosion caused by inflation. It's still 10% growth per year. Which you need not manage yourself.

Lets say you put that 25 in, and get your 75 back. With that, buy 3 more units. That 12 years later becomes 9 units. Roughly speaking, your 25k becomes a 25k yearly income after 25 years.

Or I could buy a vw golf(rabbit), that lasts on average 12 years.

I know where I would rather be in 12 years.

Leave a comment:

• St. Phatty
    replied
    Pay off the HELOC.

Keep buying lottery tickets in low-population states, when the situation is at or above a positive payout.

Leave a comment:

• gladysvjubb
    replied
    I would use it as a down payment on a brand new Nissan Murano fully decked out. It would be my last car.

Leave a comment:

• aridbud
    replied
    Originally posted by f-e View Post
    It's not even the deposit for a starter home. I couldn't do anything useful with just $25,000
    With a windfall like that, put it to good use!

Leave a comment:

• f-e
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X