Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are given a lump sum of $25,000. What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish that would cover my student loans, but it won't. So why pay a debt I physically cannot complete?? The balance will always generate interest anyways, making it a black hole.

Soooooo I'd buy some land & hockey gear. That way at least I'll have somewhere to live. Because being homeless sucks.
    God Emperor: https://youtu.be/FpEEwZBcmJg

Comment

$25k would get me free and clear of all debts except my mortgage.
      current catch all grow thread

SSSDH x GROM/Digiberry from Stank Bros.

Comment

I'd buy seeds with every penny.

Comment

down payment on a house gthat needs lots of work (i can do it myself) with a big 'ol shop out back. and a creek running through the yard.

The Mayor's Cabinet

Comment

I would buy GRIN
            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't do anything but invest it. Probably snatch up some quality packs. ..

OP

Comment

8k on land, 10k on building materials, 2k on gardening supplies, 5k on a ‘new’ truck
                The FUTURE: *LIVE* it - or live *with* it...it’s just starting...NOW

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
                ——————
                “You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
                Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
                ——————
                Letting my freak flag fly!

Comment

Travel with my love ahead Asia and just relaxed....

Comment

Originally posted by White Beard View Post
                    8k on land, 10k on building materials, 2k on gardening supplies, 5k on a ‘new’ truck
                    Living the Life, huh?!
                    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! Getting website this week. Asked for remaining packs to be mailed back. SeedBay only has (I presume) SERVER FUND hybrid strains. Doing so much more business in the good ol' USA, and another UK seed site.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep, that’s the dream: grow pot, eat steak, make music, have a good time...until I can’t no more
                      The FUTURE: *LIVE* it - or live *with* it...it’s just starting...NOW

Don’t vote for rich people - they’re not going to vote for YOU...
                      ——————
                      “You never see the lies that *YOU* believe, you know you have been captured,
                      Still you feel so civilized...”

I’m not a fool, but I can recognize one
                      ——————
                      Letting my freak flag fly!

Comment

It's not even the deposit for a starter home. I couldn't do anything useful with just $25,000

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
                          It's not even the deposit for a starter home. I couldn't do anything useful with just $25,000
                          With a windfall like that, put it to good use!
                          ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                          "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                          We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15 years, we're running strong! Getting website this week. Asked for remaining packs to be mailed back. SeedBay only has (I presume) SERVER FUND hybrid strains. Doing so much more business in the good ol' USA, and another UK seed site.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                          sigpic

Comment

I would use it as a down payment on a brand new Nissan Murano fully decked out. It would be my last car.

Comment

Pay off the HELOC.

Keep buying lottery tickets in low-population states, when the situation is at or above a positive payout.
                              Never Under-estimate the Psychopathic-ness of a Politician

who is in Save the Children Mode.

Comment

Originally posted by aridbud View Post
                                With a windfall like that, put it to good use!
                                I'm only interested in property. It doubles in value every 12 years. Rental income pays for a property in 12 years. So your 25k share of a house, pays your 25k back, and becomes worth 50k in 12 years. So 25 becomes 75. Though there will be costs, and erosion caused by inflation. It's still 10% growth per year. Which you need not manage yourself.

Lets say you put that 25 in, and get your 75 back. With that, buy 3 more units. That 12 years later becomes 9 units. Roughly speaking, your 25k becomes a 25k yearly income after 25 years.

Or I could buy a vw golf(rabbit), that lasts on average 12 years.

I know where I would rather be in 12 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X