What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, I used to raise aquatic turtles from that size. Thats great to see! The turtle ended up moving for me so I could get the lawn mowed thankfully.

Cool I don't know if we have different types, I have only seen the one that looks like the one in the pic.

Thats a big litter! 14 hachlings!

Three Berries

Haha, I used to raise aquatic turtles from that size. Thats great to see! The turtle ended up moving for me so I could get the lawn mowed thankfully.

Cool I don't know if we have different types, I have only seen the one that looks like the one in the pic.

Thats a big litter! 14 hachlings!
I would guess that almost 3 times that many than I could collect. I discovered they all hatched at once by going out and the birds in the trees were going crazy all around. The turtles were going out in all directions. It was a sight to see.

There are at least 4 types of permeant residence turtles in the pond and the softshell that comes visit once or twice a year. They are more a river turtle.

Rico Swazi

Yeah buddy! Makes things easy!

easy like sunday morning with my vidal winnower 1600 !!!

20230120_093025.jpg

20230120_094754.jpg

St. Phatty

Pineapple and turtles oh my!

will those be 'poopy pinapples' by chance @St. Phatty lol !

anyone growing fruit veggie or herb indoor? was thinking of making a thread for a while now

pic from Dec 2020 (edit date)

View attachment 18805277

Depends on what kind of Poop makes it Poopy.

I figure it has to be Human Nightsoil to be REALLY poopy, and the only plants I grow using Nightsoil are Potatoes.

I haven't even fed my 2 or 3 Pineapple plants anything but water yet.

Will give them some Chicken Manure after I up-pot them. But I don't think that's genuinely poopy.

To be REALLY poopy there has to be a disgusting smell.

along those lines, does anybody know if it's OK to bring an Emotional Support animal into a courthouse in California ?

Rico Swazi

Depends on what kind of Poop makes it Poopy.

I figure it has to be Human Nightsoil to be REALLY poopy, and the only plants I grow using Nightsoil are Potatoes.

I haven't even fed my 2 or 3 Pineapple plants anything but water yet.

Will give them some Chicken Manure after I up-pot them. But I don't think that's genuinely poopy.

To be REALLY poopy there has to be a disgusting smell.

along those lines, does anybody know if it's OK to bring an Emotional Support animal into a courthouse in California ?

Sounds like you have it figured out to be such an advocate
You should start a thread showing methods, things you've learned, results etc.
I imagine banners hanging round inside your house
displaying a literal meaning to an old slogan ...

1675104156229.gif

seriously though, Have you read Joseph Jenkins, The Humanure Handbook?
don't forget pics of that pineapple when you can

St. Phatty

Wow so cool , a bit more than my little push-one-row planter. The thing sounds like hanging turmac
91kkLIK1yrL._AC_SY450_.jpg

There's got to be some useful tools between using a pen to make a hole in the ground, and a machine that makes 35,000 holes per hour.

Though actually that tractor machine doesn't make holes, it just cuts a groove and lays a seed down every 6 inches and then pushes soil on top of it.

Old Piney

91kkLIK1yrL._AC_SY450_.jpg

There's got to be some useful tools between using a pen to make a hole in the ground, and a machine that makes 35,000 holes per hour.

Though actually that tractor machine doesn't make holes, it just cuts a groove and lays a seed down every 6 inches and then pushes soil on top of it.
Here it is ,this is what I use for every seed in rows except very small one they are great just a mini seed drill . With one of these , a roto tiller and a good push cultivator you can be a row crop growing fool and grow more of whatever and more than you can use or process .I am with dry been and black eyed peas. I need a mini cheep combine now .The black eyed peas make a good cheep soil improving nitrogen fixing cover

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have one of those, works well for a quick planting before the rain. Get the bed smooth as possible before planting though. Rake out grass and weeds that gum up the seeder.

Old Piney

Yah I know its a little fussy that way but not to bad .the good thing is you can completely see what's going on and help it along if necessary. Bigger tractor-mounted seed drills can seed right through stubble from last year's crop . would love to roll out a couple hundred foot rows of some of our favorite plant and get down to some real selection. We could modify the corn plate to work .It's a shame even in States where it's legal you can't do that legally.In my state it's legal to drive around with 6 ounces but totally illegal to grow any .The greedy state and big business don't wan’t their tows stepped on

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats where you can see the corruption plain as day. They are asking for an unregulated black market to continue. Good you can at least have some, they will probably make a change down the road hopefully.

Been dreaming lately of when legalization comes through. Going to be a learning curve, but you never stop learning.