What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carolina Reapers

[No message]

Attachments

• photo2058670.jpg
    photo2058670.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2058671.jpg
    photo2058671.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 49

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
looking good... my reapers are at a similar stage... i'm figuring another 7/10days they will be red- i like to pick em on a hot/hot day after not watering the plants for a bit... just when they start to wilt just a bit... supposely that's when they are the hottest....

Thank you I'll keep that in mind. I've also got chocolate primotali, 7 pot primo, and brain strain. I'll post some pics of those when they get bigger.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
well its the last day of july, and on my '3' reapers they are dozens and dozens of peppers, and a hundred flowers- its interesting that my plants are probably 5-6 years old, and taken in every fall to overwinter, taken out in mid may, yet they fruit not much earlier then seeds that i sprout in feb - i would think that mature plants would start giving us peppers way earlier, but the reapers from seeds are probably 7-10days behind my mature ladies - no one has turned color yet-

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
I am about to buy a CR plant here in Australia, can't wait to try it, I haven't had a chili or curry that has been too hot for me and I have had some seriously hot ones.

St. Phatty

I am about to buy a CR plant here in Australia, can't wait to try it, I haven't had a chili or curry that has been too hot for me and I have had some seriously hot ones.

It's interesting how some people can hack the Chili's and some can't.

In Mexico it is common for Candy to have chili. :pet the cat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
it's aug, and all my reapers/cayennes/thai's/lemon hots/etc... all are still green, and really have little taste... but i need some hot, so picked a reaper for dinner tonite - once ripe, reapers to me have little taste, and are toooo hot - others say they taste fruity.... i don't taste that, i taste only hot... and i like hot.... but with taste.... i saw some of u guys have peppers with a long stinger... mine is a bit shorter...
IMG_2581.jpg

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Been ordering boxes of superhots this year. Slowly building the tolerance. Those primos will go toe to toe with those reapers!
Lemon yellow brains are my favorite so far. Death spiral or Cali reaper has been the hottest so far. Have a bunch of peppers pickled and some frozen. Made some paste too.