What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

GoneP

7g Maxibloom per 1 gallon of RO water is 950 PPM at the .5 conversion. I just checked an EC to PPM conversion chart and according to the numbers using the .5 conversion scale, the EC for Maxibloom at full strength (7 grams) is 1.9. That seems really high to me.

Is Maxibloom Lucas really that high EC at full strength? My plants are doing ok, but I'm sure more sensitive plants would be fried to shit by such a high EC.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
7g Maxibloom per 1 gallon of RO water is 950 PPM at the .5 conversion. I just checked an EC to PPM conversion chart and according to the numbers using the .5 conversion scale, the EC for Maxibloom at full strength (7 grams) is 1.9. That seems really high to me.

Is Maxibloom Lucas really that high EC at full strength? My plants are doing ok, but I'm sure more sensitive plants would be fried to shit by such a high EC.

My EC runs at 1.7 using 7 grams per gallon maxibloom and 5ml per gallon SilicaBlast in tap water. I use it on seedlings and clones and many different types of weed without issue.

DONAJTHEIII

I know everyone says they use the full 7 on everything I can tell you from my exp that I treat it like all my nutrients. I work it up from clones to early veg to late veg to flower peak etc I'm not feeding my clones 7gs of this stuff no matter what anyone tells me to do. I've never gone above 1.4ec on anything. I'm sharing my exp. but take into consideration what others have posted like the vets.

Maxi was cool and easy but liquids are my game as I don't have access to hot water where I'm at. Hot water and a glass jar really help and are critical I think to success.

Maxi def a ftw

For those that are interesting in knowing exactly what Maxibloom is made up of, here's a recipe to make your own. It will effectively be the same. There's some minor inconsistencies when it comes to labeling, so, for example, that 5% N label could actually be 4.7%, for example. But this recipe assumes exact numbers. I've also chosen to use chelated micro nutrients because it's easier for me when creating these recipes.

This is a percent, by weight, recipe. You can get away with using, for example, 32.1% or 32.2% of mag sulfate. But you need to use 0.0036%-ish of Co-chelated 16%. More decimal places were used in the chelated micronutrients just to better show their concentration.

Magnesium Sulfate: 32.15513%
Calcium Nitrate: 27.50111%
Dipotassium Phosphate: 16.76703%
Mono Potassium Phosphate: 16.07378%
Magnesium Nitrate: 5.27545%
Mono Ammonium Phosphate: 0.77402%
Ammonium Nitrate: 0.74780%
Fe-chelated 18%: 0.58058%
Zn-chelated 20%: 0.05748%
Cu-chelated 17%: 0.03688%
Mo-Chelated 8%: 0.01437%
Bo-chelated 15%: 0.00697%
Mn-chelated 18%: 0.00581%
Co-chelated 16%: 0.00359%

chronosync

Well-stoned member
cocotek

cocotek

I just figured out that by mixing GH CocoTek Bloom A, Bloom B, and liq. KoolBloom all in equal parts you get something that reads nearly identical to GH MaxiBloom..

So after tinkering with my two part base and a booster it turns out what ive been feeding them is basically the same as just using a cheap bag of dust.

Hey i dont care, if it gives me the results you MB guys show. Im in.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
So whats the deal w. MB not killing plants at such high EC....?

Is it because N is so low?

The ratio seems so lobsided but im using it anyways because i was heading that route anyways. Why not?

GoneP

My personal opinion is not to use salts in soil.. then you get build up problems. I see salts such as maxi as a hydro/hydro like nutrient.. like coco (which I think still builds up slightly).. or strictly hydro.. that's just my opinion though, I'm sure it'll work well enough in soil, just make sure you aren't overdoing it.

A typical rule of thumb is whatever the label says (1tsp per gallon) is hydro directions, meant for a 1 week reservoir.. in soil you want to divide that 1tsp up over the course of a week, or just dose 1 time a week at full strength. giving 1tsp 4 times a week in soil is overkill.

It works fine in soil. I switched from using Nectar For The Gods nute line to Maxibloom K.I.S.S. about half way into flower (two GG4's and two Phantom's (Ken's) and they loved the shit out of it. Ate it up with no burning or deficiencies.

Even small clones love it. Nothing but lush, green, healthy growth and vigor. No burn....nada.

Maxibloom K.I.S.S. is the truth. :dance013:

M

mugenbao

My EC runs at 1.7 using 7 grams per gallon maxibloom and 5ml per gallon SilicaBlast in tap water. I use it on seedlings and clones and many different types of weed without issue.
That mirrors my experience as well if I remember right, although I never tried it on very young seedlings or freshly-rooted clones. But I was right around 1.7 from veg to just before harvest and everything went pretty smoothly.

The combination of the silica and Maxibloom was just like a recipe, and always ended up at nearly the same EC and right around the correct pH with my tap water. I only ever used my meters to double-check, never had to actually adjust anything. Easy easy.

I was pretty happy with the results.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Running 7g/gal my ec was at 1.7 also. Using blumats with no runoff I tested my runoff after the first flush 10 days before chop. 3.0 ec yikes. I had tip burn and I think the plants ripened earlier than they should. My black fabric pots were pure white from salt evaporation. Anywho, screw that chit. I moved on to cleaner nutes I can run at 1.2 ec.

I've been trying the kiss method with maxibloom for the first time on my current run of HazMat OG. So far at 4 weeks into flowering everything is looking great. Much cheaper and easier than the canna line I used before.