What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Ioni Botani

MaxiGrow

MaxiGrow

Evl I know this isn't Kiss, but let me ask it anyways... Has anyone kept it simple by using the maxigrow during veg?

Some classic seeds girls in coco fed maxi grow 4tsp per 5gal tap plus sulphuric acid for ph -
picture.php

Same shit, less P and K....

I would just buy the bloom, and use it the whole way. Now THAT'S maximizing!

Thanks for an incredible thread Ioni! We cant wait to start doin this. I been doin hp aero for 10 years and I just cant wait to put THIS teknek into play! We been havin LOTS of teknikal dificulties latley. I just shut my aero down bout 2 weeks ago and Im lookin at bout a couple weeks till we can start the KISS up. We'r doin 3 x 1200 watt vertical collasiums with colemans. Autta be sweet. Thanks for the thread! I got a feelin its gonna feel GREAT to be able to kikk back a bit with the KISS tek. The wait is killin me!

P

Purple Monster

Po8a4.jpg

cute lil beaners poking out of my preggo maxibloom lovin' casey jones! :p

komrade komura

Lucas Formula Chronic and Motivation - Day 28 in da CAB

Lucas Formula Chronic and Motivation - Day 28 in da CAB

Cruising along nicely.

Using the GH Bloom and Micro liquids, since I can't find the maxibloom in the UK.

Chronic then Motivation

Still using a wee dram of CAL/MG liquid.

Simple for me...record harvest coming...nutes sorted.

Some blueberry is about to start vegging.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
you're right, if I was going to buy it I would just stick with the bloom. But it is for my buddy, which alreaady has both products... Thanks for the response!

Seltzerman

no matter how I heat the water when I add the MB, I still get lots of the whitish flecks that just won't dissolve - anyone know if it will eventually? I don't know what temperature is acceptable to heat the mix bucket - I'm concerned that it will cause some reactions that might lock out some nutrients. Does anyone know what the white flecks are? if they are calcium, I could add a little liquid cal-mag just in case, I guess. My water pH is about 6.8, ppm of about 100 - its tap water that I filter through activated charcoal to get rid of the chloramine.

B

BottleKids

^^ what?

dont like the thread, go somewhere else.

IwannatokeNbone's Posts have been rated good 38 out of 61 times.

irony.

RicoT

no matter how I heat the water when I add the MB, I still get lots of the whitish flecks that just won't dissolve - anyone know if it will eventually? I don't know what temperature is acceptable to heat the mix bucket - I'm concerned that it will cause some reactions that might lock out some nutrients. Does anyone know what the white flecks are? if they are calcium, I could add a little liquid cal-mag just in case, I guess. My water pH is about 6.8, ppm of about 100 - its tap water that I filter through activated charcoal to get rid of the chloramine.

I use the hottest water possible straight from my tap and shake half in a 20oz bottle w/ hot water and then the other half with more hot water and shake. It usually all dissolves for me. Sometimes the bottle is so hot it kinda burns my hand to hold and skake it. But the hot water reaction hasn't had any adverse effects on my plants thus far. Also, if I were in your shoes, which I am, I'd just save myself the time and let my water sit out for 24 hrs before use instead of the charcoal.

Ioni Botani

I never liked hot water and plastic leeching, so I started using the mason jar method the other night....works like a charm! A little heavy, but it's like a Shake-Weight!! :p

I found HOT water in the mason jar works best, then shake for longer not harder...endurance!

IonI

RicoT

I never liked hot water and plastic leeching, so I started using the mason jar method the other night....works like a charm! A little heavy, but it's like a Shake-Weight!! :p

I found HOT water in the mason jar works best, then shake for longer not harder...endurance!

IonI

Great insight!:yes: I always thought about that using those thin water bottles, and how hot the water can be, and just shrugged it off. Never thought about mason jars though!:tiphat:

Seltzerman

...Also, if I were in your shoes, which I am, I'd just save myself the time and let my water sit out for 24 hrs before use instead of the charcoal..

Thanks for the info. As far as leaving the water out for 24 hours, That used to work when they used chlorine to disinfect, now that they use chloramine, it does not. The whole reason municipalities now use chloramine is exactly because it does NOT dissipate quickly the way that chlorine does.

How many grams or mililiters of the MB powder do you dissolve in your container - maybe I'm usng too much - I used about 350 ml in about 3 gallons of 110 degree water. Maybe that was too dense. I mixed it on and off for more than an hour and it showed no sign of change - the white flecks just kept settling on the bottom and showing up again when I mixed it.

Ioni Botani

How many grams or mililiters of the MB powder do you dissolve in your container - maybe I'm usng too much - I used about 350 ml in about 3 gallons of 110 degree water. Maybe that was too dense. I mixed it on and off for more than an hour and it showed no sign of change - the white flecks just kept settling on the bottom and showing up again when I mixed it.

Sorry man, using Teaspoons here, but a conversion is simple

1 US Teaspoon = 4.92892159 Milliliters

If you have a scale, the weight should be 7 grams Per Gallon.

As far as the dissolve goes, check the first post again. Ive updated how to properly dissolve Maxi..

P

Purple Monster

I used about 350 ml in about 3 gallons of 110 degree water. Maybe that was too dense. I mixed it on and off for more than an hour and it showed no sign of change - the white flecks just kept settling on the bottom and showing up again when I mixed it.

Are you sure?

350ML is 72 Teaspoons. That's a craploadddd for 3 gallons of water. :eek:

Are you then adding that to a larger rez? I hope so, sorry if I missed it.

I have those same specks you speak of and I have no problems whatsoever.

RicoT

Thanks for the info. As far as leaving the water out for 24 hours, That used to work when they used chlorine to disinfect, now that they use chloramine, it does not. The whole reason municipalities now use chloramine is exactly because it does NOT dissipate quickly the way that chlorine does.

Well maybe I'm letting my water sit out for no reason altogether, because I'm seeing no adverse effects, chloramine present or not.(and I've used tap for years w/ the same results) And dissolving it, I use about 15oz of water to 14g MB.(2 20z bottle shakes for a 4gal watering)

The whole water thing leads me to believe, any water you'd drink, the plants will. And some people might just make it a bigger deal than it really is... especially when it's PH'd right too.:2cents::tiphat:

Seltzerman

Well maybe I'm letting my water sit out for no reason altogether, because I'm seeing no adverse effects, chloramine present or not.(and I've used tap for years w/ the same results) And dissolving it, I use about 15oz of water to 14g MB.(2 20z bottle shakes for a 4gal watering)

The whole water thing leads me to believe, any water you'd drink, the plants will. And some people might just make it a bigger deal than it really is... especially when it's PH'd right too.:2cents::tiphat:

I agree. I only have the filter because I was using organic nutes up until now - Botanicare Pro, liquid karma... when you have friendly flora as your prevention for pathogens, you probably ought not have Chlorine or chloramine in your water, though I can't say if it is that big a deal. Now that I'm all synthetic and H2O2, I can say for sure it does not matter. The sludge in my NFT system from that liquid Karma attracted root aphids and fungus gnats like crazy. Hope you never get root aphids.

And yes to Purple Monster - I am adding those 3 gallons of concentrated MB to a 70 gallon rez. I just used the 3 gallons to "cook it" so it would dissolve...and still the white flecks. I'll assume it is OK until I see a deficiency.