What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Landrace strains???

southpaw76

Hello people,
I was curious about landrace strains and what not. After all these are the origins of the multitude of hybrid strains we have to choose from. Of these, the African landraces seem to peak my interest the most. Can anyone recommend a breeder that specializes in such strains??? Thanks in advance....

southpaw76

Afropips is kind of where I was going with this but the last time I posted a direct question regarding a seedbank it was deleted. I wish I knew why? Moreover, Malawi Gold was a strain I had my eyes on. So, can anyone comment on the 'pips beans????

southpaw76

Hey Mean,
are they not a reputable company??? Are their seeds not consistent??? I guess if they are not good people to deal with then who else has a good variety of African strains???

M

medical_shed

They're reputable, Afroman just likes to argue and get chucked off forums :D

M

medical_shed

Seedsman have been mentioned, there African stuff is good but their stated flower times are optimistic at best.

Not many have unhybridised African stuff, get googling or have a search through the African strains thread here. ACE's landrace hybrids are top notch and really suitable for indoors.

Last edited:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
But is there anything about Afropips' seeds that we need to know about, or be concerned about?

World of Seeds has a lot of landrace genes, or claims to. I bet their pure Afghanikush is a beast if it's the real deal. Says very narcotic, almost devastator.

Check out Real Seed company. I don't know anything about their beans and this link will not ship to US but if you google there are other seedbanks that carry their stuff.
http://www.headsite.com/real-seed-company-29-c.asp

M

medical_shed

Nah just the usual inter-breeder rivalry type thing, he's not a rip-iff artist like HHF, he just has a big mouth.

World of seeds stuff looks ok but I seriously doubt it is what they say it is, looks like skunk crosses to me.

Real Seed Co are very interesting but some of them will be a real handful indoors and a lot of selection may be needed, much the same as Gypsy's current landrace offerings they're straight from the farmers unworked.
If you're up for a challenge and want to start your own line from scratch it's the way to go. Later on this year or early next they're releasing a 9 week highland Malawi which sounds cool.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Seedmans seeds are pretty good but the malawi gold finishes in 15-16+ weeks and not 12 as advertised,theres some really nice pheno's to be had but theres some not so good 1's to so you'll need to grow a few out to select a good female .

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
I have to speak up for World Of Seeds. Why the hate & doubt?
I have their Columbian Gold (Santa Marta) in 12/12, just showed sex. They're looking like the real deal, haven't seen leaves like this since the late 70's

Classic slender sawblade fans, zero curl or claw so far.

I have their Afghan & Pakistani on deck. ;)

My 2 dabloons

southpaw76

Why do so many of the land race sativas I see in pic's have that claw effect??? I always thought that was either from being rootbound or too much nitrogen, did I misunderstand this?

M

medical_shed

A lot of sativas are very sensitive to nitrogen.

World Of Seeds. Why the hate & doubt?
Not hating just doubting and there's lots of good erasons to doubt but the main one for me is that they all look like skunk crosses not pure landraces. Also the prices flower times and strain descriptions don't sound right either for pure landraces. I'm sure it'll be a lovely smoke though.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
Yer its just sensitivity to nitrogen that makes sativa's claw easily.
World of seeds are just a bunch of business men out to make a profit,they don't even produce there own seeds,they buy of other breeders from what i can gather so linage is very dubious .

Latest posts

Latest posts